Random gaming talk

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Xblade, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

@Yeloazndevil
    Nice of you man, although I think he would need a better psu for the 660ti (I guess by his build).
  2. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

This is interesting.... few games that had issues before are now working flawlessly after the latest windows update such as Fairy Fencer F and few others. For few i had to deactivate scaling at high DPI since my current windows scaling is 300.
  3. Samor

Samor Foundry

FH3 works fine for me too, seems it has improved a bit since the initial release. For me it still runs best when setting it to 30 fps with graphics on auto with the high preset @ 1080p.... virtually identical to the XB1.
  4. @ruantec

4K 60fps High settings here :p
    Samor likes this.
  5. Samor

Samor Foundry

Still hoping it will get SLI support at some point ;)
  6. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Yeah, I don't think my motherboard or Power Supply can handle either Video Card.

When I had my PC cleaned a few years ago, I found out dust had damaged the previous Video Card and that it was unstable. I simply picked up a quick replacement as quick as I could. I think the PCIe support on my motherboard is bad. I know pretty much any decent video card made now won't run on it.

I appreciate his offer, but like I've said my poor PC is obsolete... Its over 5 years old.
  7. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

8. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

If there was a problem with the mobo PCIe splot like something there causing short circuits it should have broke the new card as well, since there's also quite a small amount of voltage running there, there's no way you could over volt either of them, especially not the ones Yelo is talking about :p. The only way dust explanation works is if some abrasive or metalic dust got in there, otherwise it makes no sense. For safety i would clean it by blowing air (there's can of air for purchasing) and maybe even some isopropyl alcohol. Otherwise those cards should work fine on your PC, PSU though is a dilemma so we need some info on that. Age also has nothing to do with it, my current update is basically running a 5 year old arhitecture, which i plan to use at least for 5 years since now :p. My other FX CPU (4300) which is also over 3 years old and a 5 year old CPU, runs games like a champ. Your CPU certainly ain't the best for gaming and is a bit slow, but with that said with a bit of OC it will work decently with most modern games.
  9. Samor

Samor Foundry

Rediscovering some games.... I like Grid Autosport's handling, much better than Grid 2's over-the-top drift-braking but the racing is very action-packed. Currently playing the open-wheel class and I like it a lot.
  10. Samor

Samor Foundry

Uhm... by the way... Samor Foundry did not forget you, we had an extended holiday where we counted pixels in the real sky (some call them snowflakes). The resolution was amazing.
    @ruantec likes this.
  11. Thanakil

The amount of snowflakes over here has reduced recently.
    Fucking publishers reducing the quality of their products after launch.
  12. @ruantec

I was thinking in getting a second GTX 1080 for my system but i guess SLI isn't worth it the performance you get for the high price.

Here some pictures i made today to keep you busy counting :p it also reminds me the work i have to do soon.....

IMG-20170108-WA0002 (1).jpeg IMG-20170108-WA0006.jpeg
    Samor likes this.
  13. Thanakil

SLI/Crossfire is rarely worth the headache. Maybe once developers start using the new options available to make better use of multiple cards (some day, in the future, probably never) it'll be worth it.
    But right now? Not really. Better off selling your card and buying the next supra-powerful card being released.
  14. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

I know I upgraded the power supply at one point, but at best I have a 400 or 450 watt supply.
  15. @ruantec

I remember reading a lot about GPU stack which should be a feature of DX12 before it was released but since then i have never heard about it again. I think that would be the only way it would make sense in the future if is real.
  16. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

well I also have a old 600w evga 600B bronze psu :p

both the reference 660 ti and the evga psu were barely used for a year
    Silenus and Strike105X like this.
  17. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

lol XD.
  18. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

I have an EVGA 600B in my Desktop and its been running fine with an i5 3570k oc to 4.2 and a 970. and handled my 660 ti perfectly fine as well. Had to replace the corsair TX 750 that was int he system becuase it decided to die about a year after I got it and so I went to best buy to grab something real quick so I could use my PC otherwise I would have had to do without for a week or more and I am NOT doing that.

System specs are i5 3570k oc to 4.2
    RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) 1866mHz.
    GPU: Gigabyte 970 Windforce
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB\
    HDD: 1TB 7200rpm
    PSU EVGA 600B Bronze
    OS Windows 10.

fThe PSU has no problem handing it all.
  19. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

well I once ran my pc with a 430w psu when I still used a 660ti with a mild overclock of the 3570k at 4ghz and it was fine. I think it was drawing 360w from the wall
  20. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

@Paratech Take the damn thing. :p
    Nothing else to say.
  21. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

I asked him for the video card. I'm hoping I'll get the power supply as well... :)