Random gaming talk

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Xblade, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Although, not evga i run my FX8300 overclocked plus a strix 950 fine of a 620w seasonic power supply, and i still got lots of headroom left, even a 430w good quality power supply would be useable, considering i ran a FX4300 OC to 4.6 Ghz with a Radeon 6850 just fine.

Just be sure for safety to clean up that PCIe slot nicely, if you also do it with isopropyl alcohol make sure no electricity is running through the board and leave it for a while after to be to sure its dry, but it being alcohol it will not attack components and will completely evaporate.
  2. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

@Paratech I'll send you the psu too if you want it :p
  3. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

4. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

I've a Gigabyte mobo + I5 750 to get rid of too, but it may be hardly an upgrade for you. Lemme know.
    Strike105X and Silenus like this.
  5. Strike105X

Sorry for butting in but if his wondering if it would be an upgrade i'd say yes, with the stronger IPC and 3.2 Ghz turbo (depending on the mobo and the cooling used he could even get 3.5 Ghz out of it), add to that the PSU and 660TI it would be a legit gaming rig, that would offer him decent performance in all current games, and future games.

Edit: the only game that wouldn't run is Mafia for its requirement of AVX, but i don't see that happening often.
  6. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

I had been thinking about trying it. Ubisoft seems to be doing better PC ports lately and since I didn't really try FC4 for more than 10 minutes, I figured Primal might be a good point to come back and try the series.
    Only started, but performance is pretty good. Even fully maxed out, the Benchmark only fell to 55fps once. Rest of the time, over 70.

I'll be trying it with Survivor mode + Expert at first. As far as I can tell, Expert can be switched up or down depending on if I find the game too challenging or not. This could be a fun experience.

--------

An interesting little mod: someone turned the world of Witcher 3 into a desert:
  7. Strike105X

lol it looks like some sort of medieval postapocalyptic game, "magic nuke turns the world in a medieval wasteland" Fallout meets Witcher, there's a briliant game right there!
  8. Thanakil

A lot of rumors popping up that Scalebound could be cancelled. Mentions of the game are being removed from some of MS's websites.

I was turned off by the protagonist of the game (I think he has a punchable face), but I liked that the game was ambitious. Games like this are what allows a console to be more than just its blockbusters.
  9. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Sure...thanks...I PMed you....
  10. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

I don't think the game is cancelled at all but probably is going to get some changes because the main character is boring. If is true i hope is for the better because that game is my most anticipated game this year.
  11. Thanakil

It was just confirmed, they're cancelling the game.
    The bright side is that it seems to be the only cancellation, a few people were wondering if Sea of Thieves would also be cancelled (which, tbh, I'd rather "lose" rather than Scalebound).

I know that publishers never enjoy cancelling a game, they spend so much money on them. But it really sucks to see them going away this way.

The official statement:
  12. @ruantec

What??? those fools at Microsoft... seriously WTF?? Scalebound was the game i liked most from their show. I don't care about Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3 or Sea of Thieves. Now only State of Decay 2? go to hell Microsoft seriously......
  13. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

That is the effect of the third console curse. It is real.
  14. Samor

Samor Foundry

A bit worried about what that'll do to Platinum.
  15. Nightmare

Nightmare king Kong Never Dies!

Damn... Scalebound cancellation is a pretty bad news for me, as you guys know i am always loving dragons / giant monsters. The game's system looks pretty cool with dragon as your partner.

It was also a game that gave me lots of motivation to get a Xbox Scorpio. I hope they can revive this project one day...

------

Btw, i was thinking Sony did a right move for PS4Pro, but now i am not sure. The most stupid part is the stock, those who preordered it here, i heard need to wait till at least March then only Sony able to deliver all of them. 4-5 months without stock, i guess when the time the stock arrives, i might have no more intention to buy one.
  16. Yeloazndevil

PS4 Pro has a lot of stock in the USA. I was able to get one when I wanted to last month. I can't really comment about the stock for the rest of the world, but I am enjoying the ps4 pro
  17. @ruantec

Stock here isn't strong either and is very rare to actually spot units. Last week i saw 2 units in one of the biggest stores here but that's it.... taking in mind i visited most of the stores here looking for house and computer stuff.

One of my friends bought one and a PSVR. His experience with it wasn't bad but he and 4 other too get extremely dizzy from it and as he told me it last few hours which is something he and his other family members aren't liking. I thought that issue was with the PS4 and not the Pro.
  18. Samor

Samor Foundry

I haven't seen a shortage of pro models here.
    ....that mini nes on the other hand....
  19. Yeloazndevil

I want the damn nes classic now since you can add nes games to it

also I am ready for Yakuza 0 :D
  20. Thanakil

Paying homage to an old Nintendo ad:

[​IMG] [​IMG]