Random gaming talk

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Xblade, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Samor

Samor CEO and Chief Editor of Samor Foundry

I am, almost! I caught up quickly on all the previous games, now I just need to buy another console...
  2. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

The add skipped the WiiU lol!
  3. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Baller.

Also big balls to put that kind of foreshadowing on the switch (I need the SWITCH NOW NINTANDO YA DAMN BASTARDS!) considering the success of those two monsters.
  4. @ruantec

Microsoft just did the worst move since quite a while by cancelling Scalebound and they really fucked up big time. What's really more interesting is the fact that now everyone was a fan of the game and "EVERYONE" wanted to buy the game or a XB1 to play the game.... now give me a fucking break! wasn't that the game a lot of people bashed and didn't cared long ago? some people on youtube and in the social media are crazy i tell ya.

I'm glad to be able to come here and have some sort of "Normal" internet experience.
  5. resolutespider5

resolutespider5 I mustache you a queshtion

6. kakashi919

kakashi919 Member

Admittedly, the corny dialogue that seemed to be non-stop from the gameplay I saw (think it was from E3 ) was a big turn off for me. Other than that the game was super interesting.

Btw, what ever happened to that PS4 exclusive, Deep Down(?)
  7. Nightmare

Nightmare king Kong Never Dies!

I can't understand why some people like to bash games that they don't like or don't even have intention to buy. They probably think bashing a game (especially a famous game) will make them look smarter than the rest of people?

Long long time ago when i was still interested on reading online comments, most things i read from those haters are how they hate / dislike Final Fantasy series, and the funniest thing was, these haters mostly never play any FF series before. They just wanted to show how difference they are from the "usual" gamers by giving various reasons why FF sucks or why they dislike it.

For the Scalebound, i do read some comments from some people (on another forum) about how they don't care about this cancellation. I guess the people who care about this game is far surpass those who hate it, thus we see more comments that concerns about the cancellation now. (just my guess. Usually haters' comments are a lot, but when something like this happens, those who cares about the game will usually start to voice out)
  8. Nightmare

Looks like the distribution of Pro isn't that balanced. I have visited all the well known game shops + online shops here, read local forums, etc. The conclusion is, none of them got stock and they don't know when the stock will arrive (a trustable source said it would be around March, my guess is April most likely).

If scorpio turns out to be good, than i will buy it and be able to play some games that i always wanted to play.

1) Dead rising 3-4. (Love lots of zombies on screen and those funny ways to kill them)
    2) Gear of Wars series. (cool looking Giant monsters!!!)
    3) Forza Horison 3 (not a fan of racing game, but i like to look at nice graphics racing games)

Should have more but these are the one i am more interested in.
  9. Xblade

Xblade Drowning in a red state.

More Nier Automata sequels? :|
  10. @ruantec

After checking the whole situation i believe people are right to bash MS eventhough a lot of haters are involved too. MS themselves are the ones responsibles for this mess as they came back in 2014 and hyped the shit out of the game and having PG behind the title made people excited eventhough PG are known for great games they aren't known for JRPGs which was something to be worried about since the beginning. What I really can't understand is how stupid can a company be and hype the shit out of it by the end of last year knowing is cancelled anyway?.

From a business stand point maybe as you want to sell your stuff by the end of the year but that's some shaddy crap right there and deserves bash. Now talking about bashing.... it blows my mind that they go forward and step up their retard level by saying they are cancelling the game on 9th January why? you may ask right? the Switch announcement is around the corner and they did an amazing job last year to revive the XB1 and cover it with positive things. Right now everything is dry and there is no real news or stuff to talk about and then those fools at MS came to the idea to talk about Scalebound being cancel? the media have now a whole week to bash and crucify MS in all corners and that's well deserved because they never learn. Why not talk about it when the Switch is announced because people wouldn't give a damn as their focus will be on Nintendo and their new product as well as games and the media will be busy covering everything that such news will probably be overseen.

Why not just keep delaying it and eventually release the game like in 10 years? who cares? Sony did it and hyped the shit out of a game for 2 generations so why can't MS do the same thing?. Sure people will be pissed but better than destroying the great image you have earned yourself with hard work and throw everything to the bin in one single day.

Bravo Microsoft.... bravo!!!
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Nightmare likes this.
  11. Nightmare

Talking about delaying or maintaining good company image, i really salute SquareEnix. FFXIV was a big mess at the beginning but SE showed us their heart to resolve the issue, now the game is one of the best in MMORPG market and received lots of good feedbacks (The producer of FFXIV ARR is a workaholic, my idol!). FFXV was delayed so much but we do see the game graphics / mechanism / story being changed over the years to try to make it better before it was released.

As for Sony delaying (i think you referring to The Last Guardian?), i never follow the hype and so far never check the gameplay, etc, but i would like to salute Sony a bit here since they still manage to get it done. Personally i don't think a company would purposely take the risk to hype a game for so long, the cost involves to maintain the dev and marketing wouldn't be cheap, and no guaranteed the game would sell well after so long (better games can come out during the waiting period and the game could be out dated when it is out). Not to mention Sony could receive back fire from fans that not feeling happy with the delay.

For MS, really no idea why they cancelled a game that has been under developed for 4 years. I just hope it is not totally dead and still got possibility to come out. I can't resist any good graphics games with giant monsters / enemies and i need more of such games!!! (Damn you Capcom!!! where the hell is my Dragon Dogma 2?!?!?!?!?)

Now regarding teasing, teasing used to make me feel insomnia (seriously). There was a game called Soul Reaver, 1-2 year before Soul Reaver 2 was out, they teased us with new graphics engine, just looking at those new screen shots + knowing i need to wait 1-2 years more really killing me, i sometimes had insomnia due to thinking of that game. Altho now i won't have such feeling anymore, but i do understand why some people hate teasing. BUT, now i damn hope Capcom can tease me with some Dragon Dogma 2 news or screen shots rather than totally no news... just tell me it is under development!!! ahhhhhhhhhh!!!
  12. @ruantec

I personally had some rough time trying to force myself to play FF15 to the point where i stopped and gave up completely but may pick it up at a later time and give another try. The game is fantastic and so a lot of it but the battle system turn me off completely to the point that i can't enjoy the game.

As for delays and games... props to Sony and SE as they at least made it happen eventhough it took an eternity. On the otherside we can't help but speculate what happened between MS and PG and as i mentioned in one of my posts i believe that japanese developers are half-hearted when comes to games development for the MS console(may be wrong there). Whatever the case may be something horrible happened because 4 years of development isn't cheap but in the other hands you have developers taking a month off because of stressful times and even talk about mental disorder in the development team.... i mean WTF? PG isn't a no-name indie studio but high class game developers.
    Nightmare likes this.
  13. Nightmare

For FF15, same as many open world games, after playing for a longer time, we will start to feel something is repetitive and eventually lost the interest. Killing monsters is not hard, just a matter of time, some take longer time to kill while some take shorter time. Big or small monsters, all using the same way to kill.

So far the only open world game that totally stole my soul / heart is Dragon Dogma. The game sold over a million when it was out for the first week, yet almost 5 years have passed but there is still no news of Dragon Dogma 2. In my gaming life i never so badly hope that they tease me with screen shot / trailer for a game...
  14. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

The Last Guardian is the only thing (besides KOF) that makes the PS4 tempting, despite some flaws i've seen in that game it looks like something unique that i would enjoy.
  15. Nightmare

KOF14 received the latest patch today. They have enhanced the graphics with better texture and lighting.

One thing about KOF14, when seeing the game in person, you won't notice there is any problem with the graphics. But those who just see it via youtube would feel the graphics sucks badly. Anyway, hopefully this patch will change the bad name of KOF14 graphics.
  16. Samor

You're missing out on some excellent Yakuza games there...
    Nightmare likes this.
  17. Samor

So, how does it look now?
  18. Nightmare

Exactly. Yakuza series is unexpectedly fun with the combat system and also the storyline / voice acting, etc.

It looks a bit better imo. Besides the texture and lighting, they also improved the "fireball hit effects", example, when iori does a fireball, and if opponent get hit by it, the fire effects now looks more fabulous.

I haven't downloaded the version 1.1 yet, but i did download the Demo version 2 which has the graphical enhancement. Personally i didn't notice much diff unless i look at the detail closely, but the lighting changes seem made the color looks sharper (which is very similar to Yakuza 6), and that seems caused the jaggyness more obvious on my 50inches TV. (the jagginess combined together with the sharper color made certain char looks a bit shiny to look at , which is not a good thing for me)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. Samor

now with more hair gel! ;-)
    Nightmare likes this.
  20. @ruantec

Thanks for the info bro! gonna turn on my dusty PS4 and update the game to check it out today :)
    Nightmare likes this.