Random gaming talk

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Xblade, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Nightmare

Nightmare king Kong Never Dies!

Yup :p I downloaded the full game patch, overall, i feel the enhanced fireball / hit effects / special effects + sharper color are what made the game feels much better than before.

Btw, the patch is 3gb+, i wonder why it is such a big patch, some people guess they might be new chars included, if this is real, SNK is crazily good now. (Since KOF14 is out, fans are really praising them non stop for all the efforts they are putting in and also all the frequent patches + free DLC costumes)

P/S1 after the patch, most players included me encountered online playing issue, looking for room or joining room always have error message. After some tries i was able to play normally.

P/S2 I suspect they enhanced the netcode too? I played with 3 regular players, 1 from HK, 1 from Thai, and 1 from local, i always get full bars with these 3 players, after the patch, i feel the connection is even better. Not sure if it is due to my line or due to there is netcode enhancement?

Edit : Patch note is out : https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.1.10_en.pdf

And yes! "・Online connection functions improved."

Welcome bro :)
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

hmm I set Tales of Berseria demo to 2160p and it was upscaling from 2194x1234. Disable dpi scaling for the .exe and its the full 2160p, it looks much better no jaggies now

[​IMG]

jaggies show up in the screenshot since I am using SMAA
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Samor and Strike105X like this.
  3. Samor

Samor CEO and Chief Editor of Samor Foundry

epic hairdo, though.
  4. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Personally I'm trying to keep myself pure for the full game :p.
  5. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Gameplay from Tokyo 42, a game inspired by the older GTA games (1 & 2) set in a futuristic world:
  6. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Yeah, that trick not just fix resolution issues but also make games run like Fairy Fencer F eventhough that game is horrible.
  7. Thanakil

I don't know if anyone over here uses multiple monitors to play games, but if so, don't install the latest cumulative update for Windows 10.
    [​IMG]
  8. Strike105X

Actually that seems an issue to all that use multiple monitors, i'm glad i have differ updates on, because i have two myself. Posted it myself as a warning in the windows 10 thread.
  9. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

Is that causng problems for those people who have multi monitors but only use a single one when gaming? Because that is what I do 2 monitors for productivity work and only use my main for gmaing
  10. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

I have my PC hooked to the bedroom's TV (the PC is in another room). I need to check that.
  11. Thanakil

12. @ruantec

I'm not interested in Nier Automata but decided to give the demo a try and realized that the developers behind the game is PG. After some WOW moments i asked myself how many f*cking games are they working on? also why is that game coming but Scalebound got cancelled because of their incompetence meeting goals? why is every other crap releasing except the only exciting game from PG since Bayonetta 2?

Don't get me wrong here but as much as i like them as developers they are focusing and pushing everything but the only f*cking promising game from those devs IMO.
  13. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

most of the original devs of Nier went to Platinum Games when Square Enix shut down Cavia

kind of a weird full circle situation since SE owns it and PG making it xD

PG only working on 2 other games for this year and thats it, one is a ps4 game and the other one is a ios/android game
  14. Thanakil

PG doesn't decide which game is released. Square-Enix is publishing and funding Nier: Automata, while MS was publishing and funding Scalebound. Those two companies decides the fate of those games.
    Scalebound was the baby of PG's own superstar and founder Hideki Kamiya. (Resident Evil 1&2&Zero, Devil May Cry 1, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Bayonetta 1&2, Wonderful 101)

Sadly, we're not currently being told why it was cancelled. It's possible MS believed the game would only sell 1M copies and felt it wasn't enough. It's possible the game was a mess and needed 1 or 2 more years of development. It's possible they never worked on the game and simply spent all that cash on purchasing micro-transactions on mobile games. Since the game was the love child of Kamiya, it's doubtful that PG didn't take the game seriously, but taking it seriously doesn't mean the game was good. So atm we only have guesses.
  15. Strike105X

First of direct your anger at MS not PG, they are the ones that canned Scalebound, second just because Nier might not be your cup of tea saying its crap kind of takes things to far, there are of us which are actually very excited about it, myself included, i'm actually more interested in it then Scalebound. I get that your annoyed about Scalebound getting canned, but that's on MS and MS alone, at least until they actually come out and make a decent statement.
  16. @ruantec

Yeah but they seemed like working on a hell bunch of titles that they probably couldn't handle.

I know is MS who decided to drop the ball on Scalebound and not PG but if you think carefuly no company invest heavily for 4 years in a game and simply cancel it. There are rumors that PG told MS the game could be made until 2015 then they asked for one more year which MS accepted and at the end they weren't meeting their goals and then asking for even more time. They were either too busy in other projects or just thought MS would pay their expenses forever and just focused in the rest. Whatever the case may be is PG incompetence here the issue. Yes, i'm VERY pissed MS cancelled the game but from a business standpoint i sort of understand it.

Strike i didn't meant to say Nier Automata is a crap because the game isn't. In fact is probably the very first game on the PS4 that made me enjoy the console since quite long time. I was more talking about the Ninja turtles and Transformers games that were totally crap.
  17. Strike105X

Oh it happened a lot, i dunno if its exactly 4 years but its how many studios where killed of by EA and even MS.

"Rumors" is the keyword, unless some official statements are being made its on MS imho. I wont lie, the possibility of the project being to ambitious due to the scale and not being able to deliver on time is there, but i don't see PG investing 4 years of there time and work on nothing.

I never was a big fan of the Ninja Turtles (as in series, so i had no interest in the game either), so no comment there, but Transformers wasn't crap either :p.
  18. Thanakil

Keep in mind it's normal for companies to work on multiple projects at once. They do this specifically to avoid putting all of their eggs in one basket. Because if everyone works on a single game, and that game gets cancelled, they end up in DEEP shit. This is what happened to one of my favorite studio, Obsidian Entertainment.

Obsidian was approached by MS to create an exclusive AAA launch title for the Xbox One. Working on an AAA title with a deadline meant having all hands on deck for the title. Then MS cancelled it, and Obsidian ended up in big trouble. They didn't have another big project to bail them out. They ended up firing most of their employees, came close to closing the studio, and survived by going to kickstarter for their next game.
    PG making some shitty TMNT game or a so-so Transformers game may seem like a bad idea, but it's how they pay the bills until Scalebound is released. Or until Scalebound is flat-out cancelled.
    You keep other games in development so that if the publisher of one of them decides they don't want it anymore, you don't end up with no work.

PG just doesn't have much of a reason to fuck around. It hurts a studio badly when a game is cancelled. Another rumor I've heard is that many of Kamiya games are messy until late in development, at which point they come together and the potential shows itself. If this is true, it's possible that MS wasn't impressed with the current state of the game and didn't want to wait until the game came together.
    But that's still just rumors, atm we don't know much expect it was cancelled.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    @ruantec and Strike105X like this.
  19. Thanakil

Something most BF1 players notice very quickly is that if you lay down on the ground, you can get mud on your guns.
    Some players also notice that if you go swimming, your gun is cleaned afterward.
    Something most of us hadn't noticed but which someone pointed out: rain will slowly clean the mud off your gun. Damn nice attention to details:
    https://gfycat.com/UnawareDelayedCrownofthornsstarfish
  20. @ruantec

I have been thinking in console gaming in general and the way it looks it seems i may end up buying a Switch for my daughter as she wishes one. A hell bunch of people I know are selling their XB1/PS4/Pro to get the Switch or the Scorpio. As much as i think the Switch is a money grabbing device it's going to be without a single doubt very popular because Mario games are nothing but fun. In fact my most played game the past 4 weeks is no other than Super Mario 3D world which is brilliantly made and artistically speaking a master piece.

As much negativity MS is getting they seem to be gaining ground and if the Switch manage to gain ground and the Scorpio shows his muscles as well i see a huge problem with Sony's plans regardless of their current success. Microsoft have a backup which is Windows and PC gaming in general and Nintendo still have the 3DS XL which literally prints money but what have Sony left? that concerns me.

IMO the Switch is the worst thing that could happen to Sony right now.
  21. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Other than fighting games, I haven't seen much on the PS4 that screams "buy me", and I don't see much on the XBOX One that makes me want one either.

I did want a Wii U, for Mario games, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and some Zelda, but with the system all but dead, I don't see myself interested in buying it.

I would like to get a 3DSXL and transfer all my digital library to it, then give the 3DS to Charline, as I did my DS when I purchased a 3DS.

I don't know about the Switch. If they had let me transfer most of my Wii digital (NES/SNES) games and my 3DS games (digital) I'd be as happy as when Sony let me transfer most of my digital PSP library to my Vita... But this is Nintendo we're talking about with their, 'we're going to keep making you buy NES and SNES games over and over again on every system'
    @ruantec likes this.