Random gaming talk

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Xblade, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

I snagged Watch Dogs (Uplay) for $2.97 off Gamestop, 'physical' copy. It will be a while before I play it, but 90% off....frag...
  2. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Ok, could someone explain this little bit of insanity to me?

I opened the case to my copy of Tomodachi Life. There is a manual in it giving instructions on how to access the game's digital manual on the 3DS.

We need a manual to tell us how to access a digital manual, that was made digital so it would reduce paper.

Why not just provide a physical manual so you do not need a manual to tell you how to access the digital manual?
    Samor likes this.
  3. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

some publishers are lazy, most print that stuff on the back of the art cover or forgo that piece of paper. Paper cost money, the majority of the games I have bought the last 2 years have no papers in it. The only time I see a full colored manual are in LE/CE/SE or depends on the dev/publisher like xseed.
  4. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

I'm gonna wait a bit longer, a month or two, but will definitely be getting it myself as well, while it did had problems i did had fun with it, but now since i have Nier Automata anyway so its not like i can't wait :p.

Heh, and i thought i was the only one... Same here.
    Samor likes this.
  5. Strike105X

Seems that installing an older driver fixed Nier:Automata, game is awesome >.< ! From the trailers it didn't grab my attention but right from the start when i got and played it myself i fell in love with that ass i mean game.
  6. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

But why make a physical copy of directions to access the digital directions, how is that saving money? if you need directions to access the directions, why not just put the directions in the game?
  7. Yeloazndevil

that totally depends on the publisher/dev.

On PS4 most devs have a url link embedded to get to the manual or its on the disc/download itself. Other publishers include a full color or b&w manual or print info on the back of the cover. Atlus and Xseed games usually always come with manuals.

On Switch the manual is included with the game in fact switch physical games don't come with any papers at all the My Nintendo gold coins thing is all handled by the switch, go to properties of the game to redeem the coins on digital that is automatic.

I do know Wii U games came with a lot of things.

I haven't bought a recent 3ds game in a long time so no idea if they include anything anymore. I haven't ran into any manuals or other papers for Vita games.

I wish game companies would just get together and figure out this manual shit, what pisses me off is switch cases could have been much smaller above the part where the cart goes into are 2 prongs to hold a manual I doubt the games will come with anything.
  8. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

This one is a bit strange. Final Fantasy 14 will be part of a live-action Japanese drama.
    It's a TV show, inspired by blog posts, about a father and a son getting closer as they play FF14.
  9. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

Games can certainly bring families closer as they did ours back when the PSX and N64 were current gen. Heck even our mother would help if we got stuck in like Tomb Raider 1-3 for example. We would pass the contoller around to help each other play.
  10. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

I miss arcades when people would meet and play multiplayer games together. Online just isn't as good. I tried XBOX Live for 3 months and didn't like it.

I don't even care for most online via Steam.
    Nightmare likes this.
  11. Yeloazndevil

12. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

For now just 4 but i guess the other ones will follow.
  13. Nightmare

Nightmare king Kong Never Dies!

I always lurked in arcade when i was young. I think i made at least 200+ friends via playing games in arcade. About 8 of them have become my very closed friends and we still meet up once in a while. This 8 friends i know them via Tekken since about 15 years ago, time flies.

A few years ago when i went to China for a year, i also made 2 difference groups of friends there via arcade by playing Street Fighter 4 and Tekken. Quite closed with some of them until now, when i go back there, we still go out to have some chats / foods altho we do not play the game anymore.

Japan's arcades are still heaven. I went there 3 years ago and there were 2-3 days i spent 3-5 hours per day playing in arcade, the challengers never stop (I saw a funny thing, i thought Japanese was very polite when playing in arcade, but then i saw this one player played very defensive + keep running technique, his opponent was mad and kept on taunting and looks angry, i was watching them playing and my heart was "LOL")
  14. Strike105X

Arcades never really properly made it here, what we had where sort of a gaming lounges, basically a room filled with ps1's or snes where you payed by the hour to game, i still have fond memories of it though.
  15. Strike105X

There's something I don't understand (if things get complicated I'll make another thread) i looked up how to connect a wiimote to use it with a pc but all i found was that you need a Bluetooth dongle in order to connect it, but i remember hearing you guys talking constantly about a sensor bar, so what exactly do i need to play on dolphin with the wiimote+nunchuck?
  16. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

You only need the sensor bar for the wiimote screen pointer, you can use a pair of tea candles or use your mouse as the pointer.
    Strike105X likes this.
  17. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Is MK XL easier than MK9? I beat the ladder (10 fights) with Cassie on my first play of the game. It took me a lot of fighting to get a win in MK9. That was Tag Ladder on MK9, which I wish was in MK XL.

The game runs well @ 1080p windowed on my PC. I like the game. Its a bit dark on my monitor. I haven't tried online yet, but I know I'd be fatalitied when playing skilled players. I want to learn a bit first. I also accidentally fatalitied when fighting a mirror match. :p
  18. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

I'd say it's the same really, the combos are similar, the system itself too. Nice to see you're getting a good use out of the hardware :)
  19. Yeloazndevil

you get a wii sensor bar and wire it for usb but if you buy one already modified be sure it has 10 leds and not the 6 led version. Or you get a dolphinbar which is a sensor bar with BT built in. I for one never had any issues with the dolphinbar but @ruantec had issues with it.
    Strike105X likes this.
  20. Samor

Samor Foundry