Random gaming talk

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Xblade, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

What's great about amazing mods being released for Fallout 4, such as version 1.0.0 of Horizon, is that they breathe new life into it. This one completely re-balances Survival mode while also adding new features and new gameplay elements.

The downside of amazing mods being released is that the new game I had begun not that long ago must be restarted for the mod to work properly.
    And so....

[​IMG]

Someone also released a new grass mod, which is well done. The grass doesn't look *as good* as the previous mod, but the last one isn't developed anymore. The new one is closer to the in-game grass, but adds more of it around the world while also adding new variants to add more colors to the different zones of the world.
  2. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Rumor: Xbox’s Project Scorpio Price Revealed

https://gamerant.com/xbox-project-scorpio-price-leak-259/

:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  3. Thanakil

Considering they called it "Project Scorpio" on the website and didn't have the console as an icon for the product, it seems more likely that it's a placeholder price as they theorize.
    Still, a final price of 400$ would be a big deal. It would probably mean that Microsoft is selling the console at a loss, similar to how they were losing money while selling the very first Xbox, but it would help them sell them fast and reduce the gap with the PS4. It would be their best bet at reversing the current.

Here's an alternative I'm thinking about: I personally think 500$ is a more realistic price for what the Scorpio is offering. But if they want to sell it for 400$, and they don't want to sell it a huge loss, they could take a new path and release the console without any HDD and without any controller. This version would exist purely for gamers who already own a Xbox One or PC users with a Xbox controller and an extra HDD. Those users could recycle the items they already own and buy the console for a lower price as a result.
    The price for a 1TB 7200rpm HDD on Amazon is around 50$ (most common). The list price for a Xbox One controller is 60$. It would help MS reduce the price from 500$ to 400$ without going broke.

It would put the "naked" Scorpio at 400$ to compete directly with the 400$ PS Pro (with 1TB HDD and controller). Then MS could have a normal Scorpio bundle at 500$ and maybe some type of elite bundle at 600$.
    But I'm just spitballing, right now I'm guessing this website had a placeholder and we'll see the normal Scorpio at 500$ and, if we're lucky, a 500gb version at 450$. I doubt we'll see anything at 400$.
    @ruantec likes this.
  4. Nightmare

Nightmare king Kong Never Dies!

For the mentioned part, i think FF7 did it well. They prepared 3 more Weapons as enemies for those who have max their levels or equipment, so players still have some challenges to face after beating the last boss. In FF8, if i remember correctly, the higher level you are, the bosses will also be scaled to more powerful (but not sure if they scaled it well enough or not). P/S When playing FF6, i had done all the side quests to find everything i could find before facing the last boss, basically, the boss was killed probably in less than 1-2min (first time he killed me by surprised me to make all my char to be 1 hp, second time he was killed easily).
  5. @ruantec

Yeah, i remember meeting some nasty enemies in the FF series eventhough my level was insanely high I ended up losing fights lol!. The funny part is that i'm still playing the game and found more areas and rare armors and items as well as more powerups. Basically i'm at least twice as strong as i was at the moment of that last post so you can imagine what enemies means to me now. Basically i eat them for breakfast and play with them as if they were mere insects.

Interestingly enough i thought i had the complete map but i was missing one area that i recently discovered. I have also discovered some more treasures and secret things. For instance i have this now:

- Soldier armor maxed out
    - Ancient armor maxed out
    - Barbarian armor maxed out
    - 175k rupees
    - Stamina maxed out
    - Zora armor complete and maxed out
    - Dark armor maxed out

now the armor i'm looking to get is the Fierce Deity armor which is only available through amiibo. I activated the amiibo function and after adding the NFC file the chest appear but so far no luck. That armor seems to be as powerful as the Barbarian armor but looks far cooler and the Fierce Deity sword seems to be the strongest one so far.

I have updated to 1.1.2 and also added all DLCs. Here the armor and sword i'm looking for to get soon:

[​IMG]
    Nightmare likes this.
  6. @ruantec

What the heck is going on? the media talking bad about the PS4 and the roaches issue(i personally don't see it as a big deal) in a lot of websites and youtubers making fun of it. The news even made it to the local newspaper here lol!. 3 of my friends who were die hard PS4 owners switching to XB1 S and later Scorpio and now even the wrestler Stevie Richards?

Did I missed something? what the....
  7. Samor

Samor Foundry

"It's just a cockroach" - Ryo Hazuki
  8. dpence

dpence New Member

I am betting base price will be $600 USD..they are already on record as saying that it will not be for the casual gamer, it is going to be a premium console, one s is for casual gamers and those that don't want to pay the premium... thats paraphrasing it but it is the gist of what they said
  9. @ruantec

That's what i think too.

If you check Phil's latest interview with IGN you can notice that the word "PREMIUM" isn't as the media is telling or how people seems to be understanding. He even go as far as not mentioning the word anymore as what he means is a more powerful device with quality parts which is gonna be more expensive than the XB1 S obviously. $600 USD is very unlikely unless they want to kill themselves as thats a price that goes the likes of the PS3 release fiasco, they aren't silly enough to do that though. I think Thanakil observation here is probably more on point.
  10. Thanakil

I've got some beta keys for the Gwent stand-alone game if anyone is curious and wants to try it.
  11. dpence

dpence New Member

I would agree IF M$ were replacing the one s with scorpion... but it isn't. They will be sold side by side, a lower tier and upper tier (Premium). I do not believe M$ will sell the scorpion at a loss, waaaay too much money to lose on an effort that won't happen (they will never catch Sony's lead of twice as many consoles sold). Games have to be playable on both systems, IE no scorpion exclusive games...just doesn't make sense to lose money on a niche console that is not going to be marketed toward the average home, only the hardcore gamer
  12. @ruantec

As I said... I highly doubt it so i guess we will have to wait and see. I don't doubt a expensive model bundled with many things or probably a bigger HDD but the base model at 500 or 600 USD don't gonna happen in my opinion.
  13. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Interested to see how it differs from Hearthstone.
  14. Thanakil

I PMed you a link.

I've got 5 other codes for anyone else interested.
  15. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

I'm surprised the card game genre is still alive. Cool for the fans.
  16. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

I could never get into Gwent in The Witcher 3, I just ignored the game altogether.
  17. @ruantec

What happen when you turn into a GOD in Zelda BOTW, have the Royal Broadsword and Fierce Deity armor maxed out and face a Lynel?

In comparison I was using the exact same sword here in its initial form against another Lynel who passed away yesterday against my previous demi-GOD form :p

That's right.... i'm Hyrule's GOD.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  18. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

I tried a bit of Devil May Cry (Reboot) and think its fun.
  19. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

20. Samor

Samor Foundry

The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long.