Random gaming talk

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Xblade, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

I know some games like Final Fantasy xii have better textures than the PS2 can show but they show up nicely in PCSX2.
  2. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Torment: Tides of Numenera is getting it's first big patch adding content that was promised during the Kickstarter campaign, but which was cut to release the game "on time". It also simply patches the game in general, rebalance things, improve the interface, etc.
    https://torment.inxile-entertainmen...rment-patch-110-release-notes/?act=view&id=66

Edit: It's also temporarily 25% off.
    [​IMG]
    ----------------------------

Paradox is aware people want a sequel to Vampire: TM: Bloodlines. They're not opposed to it at all, and they know they have some of the crew who worked on the first one, but they're not announcing anything yet.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-sequel
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Note to self: Hmm... judging by the butt that's a female char, maybe i should looj into this game more.
  4. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

5. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

Oh you can do that moments in BOTW... I'm floored.
  6. Thanakil

Destiny 2 will be released on the Blizzard Launcher rather than on Steam.
    Since the launcher is owned by Activision-Blizzard, they're most likely using this as a test to see if they'll be able to use this launcher for future games too (maybe Call of Duty). It came as a bit of a surprise, but I guess it makes sense. This launcher has been successfully used to release AND market incredibly popular games. Overwatch has over 30 MILLION copies sold (across all platforms). If it can be used for WoW, it can be used for Destiny.

I wasn't planning on buying Destiny 2, but the game being on the Blizzard app will let me use the "blizzard balance" I collected while playing WoW (around 100$ I got in exchange for in-game gold) so I might as well get it.

7. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Interesting.
    WIll it have a single player offline campaign?
  8. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

Gameplay reveal trailer... hahaha

Utterly uninspired shooter, as expected.
  9. Thanakil

I believe they haven't announced anything like it. It's doubtful they would, the game is a MMO.
  10. Thanakil

Inner Chains was released on PC. Release trailer:

It's a horror-theme FPS. The theme and the visual look of the guns made me hope for a Doom-like game, but the early impressions from people who bought it are almost universally negative.
  11. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

This isn't a bad game. I haven't played it much but its a unique match 3 game. You can match pieces by drawing with your mouse and make some nice combos. There isn't any nudity. Its an inexpensive game. The cards give a little bit of change. I've made ~$0.55 off 3 cards.
  12. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

Ahh, finished the story in Yakuza 3, very good and keeping me interested till the very end. I liked the twist at the end ;) The last boss wasn't too hard to beat (compared to the last hitman mission he was a piece of cake), and I played the game on hard. Onto the premium adventure now to do 30 remaining substories and do as many minigames as I can... Gotta get that 10 M yen trophy too (got 7.5 M at the end of the game, so mostly done). I'll get to Yakuza 2 next probably, thanks to Samor :D
  13. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

I guess i will have to give the game a try.
  14. Thanakil

I'm not sure which game you're discussing, I think you possibly forgot to mention it or add a picture/video.
  15. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

16. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

17. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

18. resolutespider5

resolutespider5 I mustache you a queshtion

I disagree. Maps and mini-maps are incredibly helpful and I appreciate them. Their use means games can become incredibly big without becoming too confusing. Early games didn't need them due to their simplicity. Games like Dark Souls would be better with them I think.
  19. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

What's the point of gaming if you don't like exploring? :p

I strongly believe that linear games don't need any of that. Games like Resident Evil (the whole freaking series) or Doom (2016) never needed quest arrows or maps at all. Some soonzefest games (e.g Skyrim or AssCreed) need maps though.

This guy knows better:
  20. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

Apparently you never had to get out graph paper and make handmade maps for older games.
    Kellicros, Thanakil and Silenus like this.