Random gaming talk

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Xblade, Oct 5, 2010.

1. dpence

dpence New Member

I already have it.. bought the tell telltale batman game and got the american nightmare and rebel galaxy free
  2. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

For whatever reason GOG didn't give me a code for American Nightmare even though I purchased the Telltale Batman game although I already have the game and had nobody to give it to, so no big deal. I was happy to get Rebel Galaxy for free, and that war game that is free for 48 hours.
  3. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Actually he is showing how unimpressed people in the audience were and literally making fun of it. I was surprised to see Yoshida in the audience which was the reason I checked the video.
  4. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

The first rows are typically filled with die-hard fans who'll cheer at everything being said or shown, they're picked by the company. The goal is for the cameras and microphones to hear how excited those fans are.
    The rest of the room is typically filled with journalist or anyone working in the industry. E3 was designed around them, allowing them to see games and interview developers. E3 wasn't designed for fans.

2017 was the first year E3 sold passes to fans, and the passes didn't give access to the conferences. The conferences actually happen before E3 itself begins (first conference was on Saturday, E3 began Tuesday).
    E3 is exciting, but for many of them, this is work. They're there to take notes, and to take pictures.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017 at 3:46 AM
  5. @ruantec

I never looked at the audience myself but cool to know about that. After watching the video that was pretty much what I thought. However, it seems like the row fill with fans only had two who stand up and did the bow. The rest was like "WTF" lol.
  6. @ruantec

Strike105X and Samor like this.
  7. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Well there was bound to be something a miss with dirt3 i really hate those trick stages and the drift, i hope i can skip them because they are off putting...
  8. Samor

Samor Foundry

Oh yeah the gymkana...Yup, everyone hates that part...:p
  9. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Gimme a good news and tell that after the academy bit i can skip all future gymkana and drift bits...
  10. @ruantec

Hmmmm pretty interesting E3 we got this year. After checking all my usual places it seems like nobody thinks the way I do about MS conference but viceversa. I personally think MS had a pretty weak E3 as I expressed myself while Sony had a bad one too. However, everywhere I look it seems like people praise MS conference all the way for showing games and gameplay while trash Sony's conference for repeating the same stuff and showing trailers of games they show back in 2016. In fact they even call it 2016 remastered edition lol and trash them saying Sony's smoking mirror is slowly getting tiresome.

Meh.....
  11. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

It wasn't impressive, Xbox presentation had nothing exclusive that was new, outside of backwards compatibility and talking a bit about hardware there isn't much to look forward too. The result of the hardware is also debatable, while it does some cool things like supersampling, the news that it'll use checkerboard rendering to reach 4K in some titles isn't all that exciting. The fact it'll do 4K is nice, but we're still going to see a lot of 30fps targets which is a bit disappointing.

PS4 was a complete dud, Spider-Man looked fantastic visually but all those QTE's is irritating, that was one hell of a cooked demo and while it'll be great to play I'm sure, it's not overly reassuring. Dad of War also looked very pretty, but ultimately dull. I couldn't be bothered to remember what else there was.

Anthem was the only thing I remembered, but I'm sure as shit the end game will not play that well, smooth, or be that interesting.

Ori is our only hope and Nintendo being Nintendo.
  12. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

I think Yelo posted it already ;) I wonder if you can move your game to Steam if you got it on the store already... I don't really feel like buying the game again...

Steam seems to be the place for fighters now, we've got SFV, USFIV, T7, KOFXIV, Injustice, MKX, etc., all in one place. I miss my fightpad...
  13. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

The BlazBlue, Guilty Gear games are fun too. No $50 a year for online. MKX isn't bad either.
  14. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

We also got Hyper Dragon Ball Z (GOAT fan made game) and Dragon Ball FighterZ in the pipeline.
  15. Xblade

Xblade Drowning in a red state.

Really meh e3 for me, I'm interested in FighterZ, Mario, Monster Hunter and maybe God of War......It's unfortunate that Sony and Microsoft aren't pushing exclusives(1st party ones) like they used too.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017 at 11:53 PM
  16. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

Thanakil posted about it, I don't give any fucks about KI
  17. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

Only, I cannot stand Dragon Ball :> But yes, there is that too.

Ah sorry, got you mixed up ;)
  18. @ruantec

To be fair I was impressed with the hardware because as someone who recently bought parts to build a fairly powerful PC I know how much you need to go deep in your pocket to get a similar power. As for checkerboard rendering is hard to say what the end result may be which is why i will wait because those early tests don't say much. Forza 7 looked stunning IMO and ran at 4K 60fps. As far as I know developers got the Development units not fully using the true power as recently a new update for devs was released. Another thing is the extra 1GB of extra memory recently released etc. that mixed with the fact that those games are still in development pretty much say that a lot can change until their respective releases. A info people seems to be missing about the AC analysis from DF is the fact that while they said is using checkerboard they also said that is hitting native 4K in the images they picked but it may adapt if more is going on on the screen which during their early test didn't happened.

I got excited about few points of the conference but I was expecting more I guess which is why it was a weak conference for me. I think the biggest let down for myself was the lack of new big titles that if i'm honest I thought they would come and show us more. On the bright side MS was probably the only one showing gameplay and having people explaining rather than trailers and almost no info.

Spiderman got me excited as well but then I just realized what you just said and it was a pretty scene full of QTE's. Apart from that most of the games presented by Sony were already shown last year. I was expecting more info from KH3, FF7 and Shenmue which they used to win E3 2 years ago yet so far there is not much info about them. My biggest let down of the conference is when they started to show VR games and then presented a fishing final fantasy game....I thought to myself "WTF was that? are you serious Sony?". Overall I ended up thinking it was a "OK" conference but maybe because I had less expectations. The most hilarious part of the conference for me was that rat game hunting cockroaches....it takes some balls to show a game like that after the recent news regarding PS4 and cockroaches.

What really surprised me was the lack of indie games. I personally don't care about indies that much eventhough there are few exceptions but Sony was the one pushing indies and pushing the narrative that indie developers get their full support yet...... MS was the one showing a great collection of indies in their conference which was kinda weird to look at.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:36 AM
  19. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

Steam is getting fighters left and right! What's left? Soulcalibur and Virtua Fighter.

I never tried VF before, I'd like to try it. I almost bought a copy of VF5 back in 2010, but I hesitated because I was busy with other games...
  20. @ruantec

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 11:20 AM