Random Thoughts Thread. (Clean version)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Phil, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Just realized the recent pain I've been feeling in my left knee might have been related to this, as the infection was near it. I look it up and a type of bacterial skin infection, the staph infection, does enjoy spreading to knees in particular. Which leads to pain and potentially further complications.
    Well fuck me twice. Gonna try to see a doctor as soon as possible, but Easter could make it a bit more complicated than usual.
  2. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

@Thanakil good luck man.

----
    Just ordered a Linksys EA7500 MU-MIMO router.

Will bring the Netgear R6250 to my office and use that Linksys in my house.

Although it looked good the R6250 always felt a bit off without antennas coming out from it. And the 5ghz range was spotty.

Also read the linksys software is way better than the netgear genie I have, mine is an old model by now.
  3. ElijahTW

ElijahTW NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Isn't that just an issue with 5GHz in general? It doesn't penetrate walls very well, so in many places in my house the 2.4Ghz network works considerably better than the 5GHz, so I never really use the 5Ghz network because my internet isn't really fast enough need it anyway.

Interestingly it's a big problem getting 5G to work. From what I understand, higher frequency = higher speeds, but the higher the frequency the less they can penetrate walls and other obstacles. And I believe 5G is supposed to operate at something like 28GHz - which is about as likely to penetrate anything as a horny teenage boy.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017 at 4:10 PM
  4. Silenus

My house isn't that big, I know it can be better.

It's very useful to stream stuff and transfer files wirelessly.
  5. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax Mr. Technological Staff Member Moderator

It's ok. Story in short is that I was attending a MH rehab program. Me and one of the practitioners there were flirting back and forth. Due to professional boundaries I planned to break off the professional relationship before asking her out and escalating contact. I planned to ask her out that week. Chatted w/ her outside Monday after she clocked out.. she kept rubbing around her lip with her forefinger signaling me to kiss her. As I preferred maintaining boundaries I leaned in and gave her a fistbump before departing. Initially, I wanted to lean in and tap her arm but she was standing too far away. She responded "fistbump.. huh" in a disappointed tone. Didn't think much about it until she called into work sick the next day, put her resignation in the following day. I felt disconcerted and confided in a friend told him what was going on between us. He ratted and the supervisor got involved.

There was a meeting between me, her and the supervisor. She maintained this facade of innocence, lying and omitting anything on her behalf. Took credit for something I brought up with her in a meeting. Of course I wasn't happy and needed to detach from my emotions, I stopped speaking to her.. she didn't respond well when she realized I was ignoring her and noticed I wasn't affected. She became extremely angry and irate toward me. I was waiting for someone in my car, she storms out to her car parked by mine.. stares me down with an angry look on her face, stomps her feet at me, get in her car, slams door and speeds off erratically out of the parking lot. She comes back and she is driving slowly by on the road, dunno how long she did this for as I lost sight of her car. I pull my car out into the traffic circle of the lot in front of the building when the person I was waiting for was almost done. She speeds in erratically, nearly hits my car, swerves in front of mine and parks then storms off into the building. Last Friday I had errands to run so I walked over from downtown around the time she'd clock out. She'd gotten in her car before I could approach her. I approached her in a casual, non-intimidating manner as I would anyone else hoping to chat, find out what was going on and clear up any misunderstanding. That never happened. Was told to leave by other employees. I left. About an hour or so later I receive a call from the police department. She filed a false report claiming I was stalking her and not to have any further contact with her.

I realized she's crazy and was an utter waste of my time. Noticed borderline (BPD) traits. I picked up on some things over time but brushed them off because of my feelings and her maintaining this nice, caring and respectful facade. She initially didn't seem crazy.. someone that had bad experiences, was a little down in life but nothing questionable. Then I noticed the lies, denials, mismatches of her words and actions and her craziness surfaced. I realized when I didn't kiss her she split me black, painted me a villain. My intentions were questioned or "I didn't get it" I was just covering for her, avoid being caught or raising any suspicions and trying to protect her dumb ass but she doesn't seem to understand that.

In time this will pass. I've made progress in that this experience is not weighing as heavy on me as it would've before. It's all good though cause I'm back in contact with the chick I was rejected by when I met her and I'm chatting up an attractive 18 yo I just met.. playing it cool, being myself and a lil' flirting/banter. I've realised I can relax and be myself, don't need to worry or try so hard. Embrace my independence and go with the flow.. what will happen will happen in time..
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017 at 8:59 AM
  6. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Shadow of nothing... Staff Member Moderator Emu Author

I got a job at Boeing last month. Then I got fired 2 weeks later for reasons I don't even know. Well then, fuck you too mother fucker. I mean, in 2 weeks time I got enough money to pay my rent for 2 months which is good, but fuck. Aside from that little detail, what a waste of time and energy. Here's the kicker though, I didn't do any actual work! Not because I was too lazy, but because I didn't even get the equipment necessary to do it. I was charged with the task of automating a C# based UWP app, and the company issues out Win7 laptops to everyone. Like, how the actual fuck am I supposed to get my work done? If I don't fucking have Windows 10 and a Windows 10 based tablet, there's not shit I can do, is there?? Fuck you and your corporate bureaucracy too. Plus my manager (who was a woman, go figure) was constantly taking time off. I understand when you have complications, you can't always be there, but she was almost NEVER there.

Did you want me to get my work done or not? I guess they didn't want it bad enough. Heh, I could get paid more elsewhere anyway. I'll be having a phone interview with Xevo tomorrow, and the job is permanent with a considerably better salary. Let's hope I get it.

Shogun.
  7. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Shadow of nothing... Staff Member Moderator Emu Author

Just remember... bitches be crazy.
  8. Nightmare

Nightmare king Kong Never Dies!

Money, i need lots of money.

I used to save quite some money (probably just a small amount of money for others :p), but i have spent / wasted a lot of it on various things like house, entertainment, collections, travelling, etc. (Most regret one probably was on my collection, but then at the same time i seem i never regret it, complicated feeling!)

I think it is not too late for me to regret what i have done and start saving money again. I wish i can reach financial freedom before i reach 50 years old!

Besides getting a fixed salary, i should start my side business or do some side tasks to earn more.
  9. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

At the end of the day you only ever get one true friend in life and that's yourself, take better care of yourself and look after number one everything else is extra not an essential.

I don't know about wireless but bluetooth is affected by running water too even when it's not in eyeline of bluetooth, I can turn the tap on in toliet next door to the living room and it interferes when i'm stood in the doorway with headphones on, I guess the water creates a field or something.
  10. Hy-Def

Hy-Def Chubbychu. (AKA Pikachu-bby (AKA Pikachu-BBW))

I've got a major exam coming up in about a month. After that one more, and I'm out of this shit.

My new laptop still doesn't work with a new battery. Time to check the adapter's output with a multimeter or some shit.

Being pressured to get into a relationship by some relatives. They say I shouldn't wait till I travel cuz foreign girls are no good.

Sigh. :)
  11. Silenus

If you mean house like buying a house I don't think that's a waste.

I don't consider wasting money when I take care of my responsibilities and use some money left to treat me.

Life sucks, you have a goal but you can enjoy yourself on the way. It could take a bit longer but you won't feel exhausted at the end and not able to properly enjoy it.
    Nightmare likes this.
  12. resolutespider5

resolutespider5 I mustache you a queshtion

Do you like downloading RAM?I f not, how about downloading a gpu?

https://www.techpowerup.com/232498/radeon-rx-480-cards-can-successfully-be-flashed-to-rx-580

RX480 cards can be successfully flashed to RX 580. Apparently this brings about benefits of a higher clock speed.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-RX-580-vs-Radeon-RX-480

According to GPU boss, the only difference between them is a 10% higher clock speed. Wikipedia says much the same thing. If so, it would be pretty similar to overclocking using something like MSI afterburner. So main concern would probably be something like increased heat production, but that would happen anyway with overclock. So probably no riskier than gpu overclocking generally is.
  13. Silenus

I remember flashing a 9800 gs to a GTS and a 6600 to a gt a long time ago.
  14. Silenus

---
    Kendrick Lamar's album is great.
    Definitely one of the best of this generation.
  15. Hy-Def

Hy-Def Chubbychu. (AKA Pikachu-bby (AKA Pikachu-BBW))

That's Damn, right? I'm not so much of a Kendrick guy, but finally listened to To Pimp A Butterfly a few days ago. Not bad at all..

I think I prefer J. Cole though. :)
  16. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

To me Kendrick sounds like will.i.am very nasally.
    Bein bumpin Lil' Rock lately :)

Pac rapping slower on one lung???
    Code:
    https://youtu.be/ZR8MV3p1wNs?t=118
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017 at 10:50 AM
  17. Nightmare

Nightmare king Kong Never Dies!

Agreed, the house can't be considered as a waste of money. (The only time i think it is a waste is when i spend almost triple the price to get the house)

I think the part that really burned me were the collection and some not nicely plan trips (Example, a trip that i could spent just 1.5k USD but i ended up spending 3k USD due to i never plan my expenses, etc).

Will still spend money enjoy my life while i am trying to save more. (i won't become a stingy man no matter what, when i should spend money i will still spend it. My way of saving more money = earning more money)
  18. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax Mr. Technological Staff Member Moderator

@blueshogun & @Mikhail000 Yeah ik I just wish the crazy came out sooner so I didn't waste so much time. She put on such a good facade. Like I said nbd although ruminating a fair bit however nothing out of the ordinary and am moving on. She wasn't really physically attractive and I liked her "personality" and now this put the nail in the coffin. Not worried as I'm getting out more, socializing and meeting people. I've far more attractive and equally fun women attracted to me I can pursue.