Random Thoughts Thread. (Clean version)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Phil, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Hy-Def

Hy-Def Chubbychu. (AKA Pikachu-bby (AKA Pikachu-BBW))

Wow... 3000 pounds??? Goddamn.

Sorry Kaizen...
  2. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

You should of watched BRDC F3 this week Rockingham had a classic battle
    Also here's the reversed McLaren livery not sure their ever going to use it though, look far better than the black one imo.

honda0---981b5a44-ba80-4693-8db6-08ef84a8219b_800.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  3. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Ok something is bad, let's erase that and use this something worse. At least is not something bad like before.
  4. Kaizen

Kaizen Yes Award Winner!

It's all good, for me at least.
    France is dead though.

5. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

The way world affairs are evolving, they migh as well abolish elections since the winners are just powerless figureheads. Survivors will fight for leadership with sticks.
  6. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Forum is under attack by spambots again... times like this i wish i had mod powers...
  7. Kellicros

Kellicros retired Contributors

I have mod power, it's not fun you know? :p
  8. Strike105X

lol
  9. Strike105X

So not long after getting Tekken 7 the HDD in the laptop i got for my mom not long ago broke .... Damn the timing.... Luckily she got a bit of money and i think i can make a few extra cash as well and get her a cheap 120 Gb SSD, since even 2nd laptop HDD prices are so high it just doesn't seem worth it...
  10. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

I've been infected by a bitcoin miner, poop. Saw it quite rapidly since it maxed out 2 of my cores. Now I just need to find out how to get rid of it. The name of the exe (mine.exe) is common enough that it's hard to find some specific info on it. I know where it places itself, but it's hidden.
  11. Kaizen

Kaizen Yes Award Winner!

Find the exe, right click it then properties, set security and remove the system, force delete it and clean your registry up
  12. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

The issue is that it hides itself.
    Using task manager, the thing closes itself before I can see anything. But using other processes, I can see it starts shortly after exiting task manager.
    Using ProcessMonitor, I can see action going on around C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows, most specifically a mine.exe in it. But if I open that folder, nothing. Using CMD and commandlines to see hidden files, I also find nothing. With that said it hasn't started itself again (apparently) since I rebooted my PC. Funnily enough I can't pin down the exe itself, but I found the guy emails since it was part of the commandline used to start mine.exe. Or, the email he used for his mining site account. I sent him an email asking how to remove it, who knows, maybe he'll answer. (most likely not)

Edit: Despite the miner not starting again, I looked a bit more. The folder in which miner.exe was supposed to be didnt seem to hold any hidden miner.exe, but it held a hidden svchost.exe. I looked around and apparently this folder isn't meant to have one of them, people even specifically mentioned this was a shady location for a different bitcoin miner. So I deleted it, nothing bad seems to have happened.
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  13. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

nuke it with hitman pro, disable by removing read/execute permissions... most of these things have an exe component, and a rundll component executed as a scheduled task.
  14. ElijahTW

ElijahTW NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it. Tried it for about three days - it's now running Windows 7.

Dear god, Microsoft. I don't want my OS to be advertising to me. I don't want forced updates. I don't want some stupid metro-hybrid start menu. I just want an OS that stays the hell out of the way.

Is despising when things change a part of getting old? I'm beginning to feel like I'm becoming a racist grandpa, except instead of hating different races I just have strong opinions on how many genders there are and how much better OSes were back in the day.

I don't know what the escape plan is after support ends for Windows 7 in 2019. Every experience I've had with Linux has been shit. ("Oh, to get your printer to work you just need to recompile your kernel and....") and I couldn't see myself spending so much money on a Mac.
    Strike105X likes this.
  15. Hy-Def

Hy-Def Chubbychu. (AKA Pikachu-bby (AKA Pikachu-BBW))

Windows 7 is still the best for me, but i like Windows 10, maybe because I use it offline.
  16. Strike105X

That one never happened to me, Windows advertising to me.
  17. Samor

Samor Foundry

Well, when it's suggesting apps to install etc, I guess that's a form of adverising.
  18. Strike105X

I guess it must be because im still on anniversary, the worst and only thing I got was ms asking if i don't want to give ie a chance when i changed the default browser to chrome.
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  19. Samor

Samor Foundry

You never got certain apps pushed by default?
  20. ElijahTW

ElijahTW NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Really? Within 10 minutes it had suggested I try out the rebadged Internet explorer known as edge, and told me what a great deal office 365 is.