Random Thoughts Thread. (Clean version)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Phil, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Samor

Samor Foundry

yes, it does that here as well... and installs candy crush.
  2. Robert

Robert Not a new member

Probably some service you can turn off... i don't use win10 so idk.
  3. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Nope never.

Probably, i did tick off all things when installing it, and i do have Settings=>Start=> Show Sugestions *ticked off* (well for me all things are ticked off)

That and i have Windows 10 professional. Which is a lot better then Home and gives more control and is less annoying.
  4. Samor

Samor Foundry

same here, win10 pro. Maybe it depends on location too.
  5. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, I disabled as much of the stuff as I could during the installation W10, and I still had a few Apps I didn't ask for.
    Examples are: Candy Crush, Minecraft: W10 Edition, Get Office, Skype Preview and even Twitter. The only good part: they're easy to uninstall. And I believe there's an option somewhere allowing you to disable the animation on the icons where they "play ads" on top of the icon tile. After uninstalling the apps and making those changes, you're basically back to a normal Windows. It's an annoying process, but I prefer sticking with W10 over going back to the previous versions. Personal preference.
  6. resolutespider5

resolutespider5 I mustache you a queshtion

So you need to fork out for Pro to get a decent experience?

What I've heard about W10 is that when it has a major update it also resets all your settings: you have to go through all the same crap each time to switch off all the adware and privacy b.s.. Doing it once is bad enough, doing after each major update is pretty egregious.

Not to mention the ui looks like shit. And W7 upgrades frequently bork. While W7 is still supported I see no reason to upgrade.
  7. Thanakil

I think every version of W10 offers the ability to remove those unwanted apps.
    But I did have to uninstall all those apps again when I upgraded to the Anniversary Update, that's true. I haven't done the Creator Update yet, but I'm guessing the same will happen again.
  8. Strike105X

Linux is getting on my nerves to, wanted to install it on an Asus v1j laptop and either sound or keyboard is broken depending on the version, all i wanted was for it to work enough to browse the net and mainly youtube but seems I asked to much.
  9. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

What did you install? Some distros are more troublesome than others.
  10. Strike105X

Mint 18 cinamon and xfce and also tried mint 16 xfce.
  11. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  12. Samor

Samor Foundry

And just when he was having his best season in a long time too...
  13. Samor

Samor Foundry

Yup, that's what happened here as well.
  14. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

15. Thanakil

Apparently the value of the dogecoin went up significantly recently. Dunno why. It started going back down again (and I doubt it'll go back up for any extended period of time), so I exchanged my dogecoins for 435$ worth of Ethereum coins. I could probably get more Ethereum if I sold my doge for $, and waited for the Ether to drop and then buy more of it with $, but the exchange websites either seem to not support dogecoin, or ask for a lot of info to verify your identity. And some of the info they ask, I don't have. And by the time my account was verified, the doge value would most likely have dropped further.

So, I'm just taking the 435$ worth of Ethereum straight up, that didn't require any effort. Which is cool, considering I had signed off on my dogecoin ever having any value in the future.