Rate the Last Game you Played or Currently Playing

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Lynamo, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Cross

Cross Regular Dreamer

Dragon Age: Inquisition - 8/10

This game reminds me of the good old Knights of the old republic, although the lore and story is not that much interesting to me (I prefer sci-fi over medieval fantasy) the characters are really well done. Battles are fantastic, love how bioware was able to find a nice balance between real time and turn based, slaying dragons were both epic and fulfilling. Honestly I had more fun playing this than the witcher 3 (I can't stand witcher 3's combat as i always see it as a clunkier version of bloodborne/darksouls)

The number of quests to do in this game is outstanding, which is both good and bad. Majority of the quests are fleshed out but other times it felt like an MMORPG grind/fetch. Although it gets addicting in a sense that it triggers my OCD (JUST ONE MORE QUEST TO MAKE THAT ICON ON THE MAP GO AWAY). Strongly recommended if you have lots of time to kill, but be warned if you are a person with a job.
  2. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

Yakuza 5 - 8/10
    The best gameplay out of all of the games besides Yakuza 0, loved eveything about this game. Its shorter than the 3 and 4, only flaw is the horrible story and the horrible ending but that sets up Yakuza 6 perfectly.
    Samor likes this.
  3. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Mario vs Donkey Kong Mini Land Mayhem. 8/10

Its a fun game where you have to make mini Marios go from one point to another and occasionally battle Donkey Kong. The base game has 8 worlds with 8 levels each plus a Donkey Kong boss fight and another round I guess that unlocks if you get all the letters for the previous 8 levels.

I enjoyed the game but hated the Ferris wheel finale, and then find the game wants you to beat it again in a harder version to get the true ending. Its also a but short, even if you play both versions and double your playtime.

I might someday try the harder levels but felt burned out after the first play through.

Senran Kagura Deep Crimson 2 was the only game I played on my 3DS (I know MvsDK ia DS game) that I played through multiple difficulties, DS or 3DS....
  4. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Finished Hearts of Stone DLC from the Witcher 3.

Liked all of the quests. Good to see Shani back.

Will keep the game installed for Blood and Wine, don't have that yet.
  5. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Riff Racer PC/Steam 8.0/10

I like the game and give it a thumbs up.

Its a fun racing game that generates tracks based on the mp3 files you choose.

You can tell it where the mp3 files are located, bookmark those areas in the game, and select whatever music you want (mp3.)

I like trying to compete against other players ghosts, there are achievements, and you can keep replaying tracks trying to get better and unlock other vehicles.

I don't like the fact that if the game's servers ever go bye bye you won't be able to play tracks other than what's provided with the game, and that new tracks have to be reread every time you reinstall the game or install it on a second computer.

This game needs a back/restore option for tracks.

I picked it up from a bundle cheap. I've played nearly 10 hours on the game and will play more.
  6. Samor

Samor Foundry

Yakuza 3 - 8/10

Story was enjoyable though I was expecting something longer. Some of it was a bit far fetched and some stuff seemed to be thrown in just to add an extra chapter (which it needed or it would've been way too short). That said, the pacing was weird because after the bulk of the explaining is done the story suddenly goes into overdrive mode and finishes up very fast.

Show Spoiler
    After the chapter with Majima the story kind of goes downhill (I still enjoyed it though). There's suddenly a Chinese gang (because their leader was in Yakuza 1). They get wiped out and one of the main villains disappears. After that a politician explains everything, you go save his buddies. Main bad guy and minor bad guy wreck the orphanage. You defeat the minor guy and go after the main one. One of the FBI divisions is actually the evil organisation the politician was after (I figured it would be something like that; kind of a weak plot twist). You defeat them and the main bad guy. You get stabbed by the guy who disappeared before but you survive (that was kind of pointless). The orphanage is rebuild. The end.

Coming from Yakuza 2, this seems one is missing several features that were cut when it was localized, but it was still a lot of fun to play. I'll probably come back to complete some of the extra missions.

Now, on to Yakuza 4.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  7. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Gears of War 4 - 8/10

First and foremost the rate is based in the campaign only and do not represent the MP experience which seems to be a 10/10.

I was extremely hyped and wanted to get my hands on the game so badly that i couldn't helped but hit that purchase button so hard that MS servers almost got DDoSed by it. Why the low score and not a perfect 10? while i get hyped about games i take that hype away when i rate them and regardless i try to give a honest opinion.

Graphics-wise this game blows every single game i have played so far out of the water and is a pleasure to enjoy such a masterpiece at full 4K like i did. However, the game is far from perfect and there are things i have to point out because they really disappointed me but lets talk about the good for now. The game mechanics is Gears through and through and whatever you go and whatever you do it just feel fantastic in every single way. When hitting the enemies with a bullet you really feel that impact and the animations are just perfect.

Level design is mind blowing in my opinion and is fully action packed so in that regard the game is nothing but glorious. I played the last part of the game using my new surround system and the sound is fantastic and probably one of the best i have experienced in the series. Effects in the game are really well done as well and what impressed me most were the actors and the actual motion capture done in the game that feels so natural and smooth. Also the AI in this game is probably the best one of the serie as well and your partners are really there to help you anytime as well as kill the enemies in a smart way.

Performance of the game is excellent as well and there were no issues at all either downloading nor running the game. I encountered one single bug at a level when Kait was badly injured and she stayed on top of a wall making impossible to help her. The bug got fixed as soon as i moved to the next area where she came back all of sudden. That was the only bug i saw during the whole campaign.

Here a gameplay of my favorite level:

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING TEXT CONTAINS SPOILERS!

now that you have been warned let's proceed with the bad.... while the campaign is enjoyable due to the awesome action and the incredible GEARS feeling everywhere and on every pixel moving on your screen the story is simply put disappointing and marcus son just a boring character with no soul at all. I love the serie because of the badass characters and their personalities which is what made GEARS one of my favorite series of all time. GEARS story was never the best in my opinion but the characters made the whole campaign an excellent piece of gaming from start to finish.

Marcus son is just a rad kid running out there doing whatever he please because he is pissed at his father for reasons you actually don't get to hear in the game and also for refusing to follow the rules made by a stupid character that is supposed to protect humanity? is absolutely stupid from start to finish seriously... Kait and Delmont are rookies but they do a better job overall while JD thinks he is the super hero that came to earth to rescue humanity. Then you have the scene when Marcus is captured and you have to rescue him and all of sudden it just get more pathetic. Robot fights are boring after a while but thanks god the game change so you don't have to face them again for a long time at least.

Why not using Marcus as the main character who pass the story to his son? i would have expected JD to run out there thinking he is the best and get captured as well as the others while having Marcus come to the rescue with 2 super awesome characters and those are:

Rayna and Oscar Diaz probably the two best characters of the game apart from Marcus:
    gears-of-war-4-oscar-and-reyna-diaz.jpg.optimal.jpg

Now if those two and Marcus would've been the ones used for the campaign the game would be near perfect except for one thing.... why the hell do they have to copy God of War at the end with those stupid robots?? killing a huge monster using God of War mouth-ripping execution is just stupid and probably would look much better if Rayna, Oscar or Marcus executed that move instead in one of those awesome looking monsters.

As if that was all you have a really bad looking end boss that looks like a squid and is super easy to beat followed by a really bad ending that gives you some WTF moments from the very first moment. They tried to make the end emotional by showing you Reyna and her daugther Kait in tears because Reyna's body is being fusioned with the monsters. Then you have that cheap ass part when Kait cut Reyna out of the monster parts causing her to die while the rest is outside waiting.... i mean WTF is that? what about a better ending when someone die but you have a bad-ass battle against a boss that almost kill you and Kait's mother sacrifice to safe her daughter? that would be a far better ending but no.... nothing.

Overall a excellent gameplay destroyed by a semi-mediocre story that fall short to keep up with the outstanding mechanics the game have to offer. I really hope this is the base of something awesome to come in the future because i got slightly disappointed this time and hope to see a better job in the future.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  8. Samor

Samor Foundry

Yakuza 4 - 9/10

This one was quite a bit better than Yakuza 3, and much longer too (more like the first two games). Also much more to do, and while it's just Kamurocho and no other city it's Kamurocho on steroids, with rooftops, underground areas and all. I liked the story better too. It also had much better pacing and no rushed ending like in 3.
    Show Spoiler
    Ok, it's everyone backstabs everyone and the main characters going A-Team in the end, but I actually liked that.

The part where you can finally run around freely with all characters comes way too late in the game though.
    My favourite new character was Akiyama, I might like him better than Kiryu himself.
    Show Spoiler
    Kiryu was actually pretty irrelevant to the story, he's just too willing to get himself dragged into shit (they actually made that a story point, even). He's also a bit "too perfect" at this point.

Saejima was probably the most interesting for the story, but I didn't really like how he controlled in fights. Wasn't a big fan of Tanimura either.
    Show Spoiler
    The story strongly hints at Kiryu and Saejima being a lot stronger than the other two, and Seajima probably the strongest of all - he almost kicks Kiryu's ass while being heavily injured, and Kiryu himself beats up the other two at some point (this is before they all go A-Team).

Like with 3 I'll probably revisit to complete more side stories and mini games, but for now it's on to Yakuza 5.
  9. Yeloazndevil

Drakengard 3 8/10

Despite the bugs and the massive framerate drops and it being well below 720p I still liked this game. Its a Taro Yoko game so it will not have any sort of happy ending just like in Nier.
  10. Samor

Samor Foundry

really? I'm through the first 2 chapters (even rushed through Seajima's part because I didn't like the gameplay as much as in chapter 1) and it already feels like it's longer than Yakuza 3.
    Show Spoiler
    Baba turning out to have set up everything Saejima went through was incredibly weak, story-wise. Feels like they thought of that at the last minute and just added it in.

...and now it's dance battle time.
  11. Yeloazndevil

The baba thing makes more sense later on
  12. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Titanfall 2: Unfinished game verdict(campaign only) - 4/10

First and foremost this is my verdict based in my experience with the game and do NOT mean others have to agree with me. My verdict is from my unfinished campaign as I may never beat the game because i have no desire left to play the game so unless i pick it up later and give it a second chance i may never beat the game at all.

The bad:
    The campaign begins with some really awesome action that I really liked and couldn't wait to see more. The more I advanced in the campaign the more disappointed I was getting. The game mechanics feel generic, the enemy UI is dumb, dull and the most terrible I have seen in recent games released. The story of the campaign is dull at best and I was asking myself WTF just happened to that awesome intro level. Aim-aid is nothing but annoying and pretty much simulate the smart pistol of the previous version as it follow your enemies even when they are running or when you want to move in the opposite direction, is horrible. Want to kill all your enemies? cover and then hit RT and is going to point right to your enemies most of the time! amazing!. Going through levels you see yourself running through walls over and over to the point that you just want to drop the gamepad and say "fuck this shit" as is pretty much what you do most of the time. I called Uncharted 4 a "monkey simulator" and now I call TitanFall 2 a "wall-running simulator". At least Uncharted 4 campaign was awesome even if not perfect.

Chatting with a Titan while going through dull places and moving around through areas that reminds me the awesome Half Life areas but badly executed while listening and responding to some questions from a Titan using up or down is simply put a fun killer. Dialogs and the main character have absolutely no soul and overall it feels like one of the worst experiences from a gameplay perspective I had this year so far.

The good:
    Graphics and performance of the game are nothing but amazing as I run this game at 4K with all settings on ultra with the only exception of AA and it runs butter smooth even very intensive battles/scenes. Weapons and effects are amazing and animations are well executed eventhough repetitive. Level design as well as character models are stunning and very detailed at best.

Conclusion:
    TitanFall 2 is the worst best looking game of the year for me and that's a bummer. I regret hitting the purchase button.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  13. MT

MT Smell ya later! Contributors

Uncharted 4 9/10

What a game. Kinda late to the party but it is sure a game to enjoy.
  14. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens 3DS 7.5/10

I liked the game, but frag, numerous crashes, I finished the game in under 10 hours and that was including having the crashes and areas where I had no clue what to do. In one area, my character's staff disappeared, and I had to restart that area to get it to work.

What I played was enjoyable, but nothing special. Lego Batman 3 is still a much better game on the 3DS IMSHO. I'd say Lego Jurassic World is also a better game on the 3DS.
  15. ozzgx4

ozzgx4 Active Member

Fallout 4 7/10
    This my first time playing Fallout and it's ok. My problem is that every other game I have played has had some sort of Auto aim and this does not have the option and it has made me realise just how bad I am at aiming! changing sensitivity does not help! Although once I had changed the difficulty to 'very easy' I was lasting somewhat longer in fights and I think I am starting to get better at it!
  16. Yeloazndevil

I really recommend Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Fallout 4 was a major disappoint especially the DLC
  17. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

You can try to create a character that relies a bit more heavily on VATS, since it aims for you. I believe you need higher Perception (to hit more often in VATS) and Agility (for VATS to last longer).
    An alternative would be a mod that allows you to slow down time and aim manually. Some of those exist and simply turn VATS into a slow-mo mode (like Max Payne or the Matrix). It might be easier for you to aim if everything is slowed down.
    ozzgx4 likes this.
  18. Samor

Samor Foundry

Yakuza 5 - 9/10

Not giving this higher than Yakuza 4 despite it having more variety, because more does not equal better. That does not mean it isn't very good.

This game is a jack of all trades (and master of quite a few), like one of those old 50 games in 1 pirate cartridges for the nes/gameboy but with a story connecting everything.

Super Kamurocho from Yakuza 4 is traded in for one closer to the older games, but before that you visit 4 other cities (and another boring prison camp). Most are fun cities although some are ridden with "invisible" walls (the semi-invisible traffic signs) even in the middle of the maps which is annoying and distracting.
    Highlights were Fukuoka and finally a return to Osaka, although the part with the mall and tv tower from Yakuza 2 was sadly missing (we do get a larger Sotenburi though).

Not sure if it was shorter myself (I still think 3 was the shortest), but maybe I got sidetracked too much in this one... it's quite possible to rush through it. I don't think the story was that bad (rather unbelievable at times, though) but yeah, something up with that ending (also, uninteresting and bland final boss)....

I still think the Baba thing was ridiculous... the whole plan - sending someone to prison to stop someone but having another one there in case it backfires, which happens, but then the other plan backfires as well but that was actually the plan from the start - was way to elaborate to be even remotely believable. Then again, the whole story suffered heavily from that.
  19. flairdarkslayer1

flairdarkslayer1 New Member

I'd like warface of course it's netcode is bad but it is a good game download.png and i've played a lot too doom 2016 man that game is awesome lots of gore blood and violence and
    a frenetic multiplayer and cool guns download.jpg maxresdefault.jpg
  20. flairdarkslayer1

flairdarkslayer1 New Member

Castlevania curse of darkness 10/10 download (1).jpg