Rate the Last Game you Played or Currently Playing

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Lynamo, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Kellicros

Kellicros retired Contributors

Resident Evil Revelations: 9/10

So I got this game off the recent Steam sales, I have the Revelations 2 but I don't like it at all, I am very skeptical about this game, being a port of a handheld game and all but man, how I am surprised. The game is beautiful most of the time, there are some clunky textures somewhere but still look really good, it's hard to imagine this was a 3DS game. The sound effects and musics are awesome and very atmospheric. This is like a classic RE game with gameplay from the modern RE games, it reminds me a lot of RE1 and RE2, the story is pretty intriguing too. Just beaten the third episode, that boss fight really creeped the crap out of me, MAY DAY MAY DAAAYYYY!

Show Spoiler
  2. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

Isn't it full of episode dlc? I was gonna wait until the deluxe / complete editions where on sale again on the humble store, I got Resident Evil Remake HD Remaster + BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE from greenmangaming in the bf deals for £7:01 has better framerate than Zero less demanding.
  3. Kellicros

I checked its DLC's, there's no DLC episodes, but mostly upgrades for guns and extra characters/skins for multiplayer(raid), haven't tried that yet.

The "complete pack" is also currently on sale at -74% on steam store, you might wanna check that out. I got the standalone game btw.
  4. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Kellicros was talking about the first revelation which was a remastered port from 3DS, that is a full game, not episodic, and quite a nice full game at that, finished it myself, wasn't a fan of how Jill looked though, compared to previous games her look didn't fit in.

Revelations 2, now that is episodic.

---------------------------------------

Well here it goes, Titanfall, since when i will remake my build i wont be installing it anymore...

First of i want to start with an apology, for how misleading my gameplay videos are, but do understand that until i switched to KB+mouse i was not aware of this, first of Titanfall's netcode is pretty damn broken:

^The above video gives a pretty nice explanation of what i mean but its even worse in TF1 from what i can gather. If you want i can even repost one of my videos where there's a very clear example of this. Now there are two ways around this, or to make it lighter, Smart Pistol and using a gamepad, the game has a subtle heavy aim assist, subtle because of the amount of parkour and action going on you don't realize it, and heavy because it is pretty strong, my aim was always dead on with gamepad, and due to the fact that it follows a bit the target's trajectory better as seen by server rather then what you see its easier to kill, think of using a gamepad as being a lighter version of the smart pistol. What i mean to say is that i think that aim assist and smart pistol are more reliant of communicating with the server then actually being depended on what you see on screen, that's why they are so OP.

TL;DR: there is a heavy aim assist in game i didn't noticed due to how action packed it was, my gameplay videos of it with a gamepad where misleading and did not reflect my actual skills sorry for misleading you all it was not my intention.

Now here is the good of the game:

-Smart pistol, an interesting concept for a weapon, fun to use.
    -the parkour aspect, love it.
    -mechs, you gotta love the mechs
    -pretty cool options to customize
    -cool visuals
    -nice graphics and nice art direction
    -good sounds
    -immersive music
    -weapon upgrades where pretty nice
    -player skins and designs where cool
    -nice stages and maps, A+++ here
    -some impressive (although short) scenes and visuals in the campaign.

And here is the bad:

-Netcode issues i was refering to above...
    -Smart pistol to damn OP, i would have loved it as an option in SP, but as it is there's just to much of a gap with it in open areas and ambushes, not to mention how high the damage is when rodeo on a titan, i never did it because i thought it wouldn't even sting, till i ended up on a titan by mistake with a Smart Pistol, said, what the hell and started shooting, AND THE DAMAGE WAS MIND BLOWING, freaking hell at least nerf that....
    -you can't choose your own player skin its dependent on the weapon, who the hell thought this was a good idea ?
    -worst campaign mode ever, while there where some short awesome scenes, making you cry on how awesome a proper SP campaign could have been, the "campaign" is just regular game modes with voice overs over them.
    -broken campaign, there's two paths IMC, and of course Militia, you have no control over what faction you end up in, i've been playing and replaying a lot, i always end up on the IMC side... now other broken things are like the fact that most times you don't start from the first mission, and just end up in the middle of it all with no clue wtf is going on... there are 8 missions in total, and the beauty of it all is that it can restart out of nowhere. There should have been at least an option to play it just with bots... its freaking the most retarded campaign i have ever seen.
    - i find the game modes lacking and eventually you will end up bored with most maps despite how great they are.

The game had great potential, and i still had quite a lot of fun with it, but its also quite lack luster in a lot of areas, and down right broken in other areas. I do not regret spending 5 euro on it, but i would have regretted spending 40 euro. So while this wont get reinstalled, lets hope titanfall's 2 story is close to what i imagined it to be :3.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Kellicros likes this.
  5. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Early impressions of Watch Dogs 2:
    It's far more fun-oriented than the first one. The first game had a more linear story and tried to play things seriously, including a dead kid. The second game is more of a theme park game, where you're quickly given the option to just drive around and discover new activities. They all contribute to the main story, as your goal is to gain "followers". The reason for this is that Dedsec, the hacking group, has released an app which allows people to lend their device's computing power to their group, creating a botnet. The more followers you gain, the stronger the botnet is, and the more powerful you are. Every activity you complete gives you followers, which also serves as a form of "XP.

Now as to the activities: many of them are similar to what we've seen in GTA-clones before. Driving, flying, shooting, exploring, all that stuff. They simply give a hacking variant of them. Flying? You fly a drone, for example. The first taxi driving mission isn't driving a guy somewhere, it's helping him find a robot with an advanced AI who ran away. Some missions are given to you by the Dedsec groups, others are simply found out there in the world. Hacking someone's cellphone lets you know he works for Ubisoft and that they're hoping their next unannounced game doesn't get leaked like their previous ones, giving you a mission to hack their studio, leak the trailer, and gain followers.

Then there's the multiplayer aspect of the game. It can be disabled in the settings if it's not wanted. One small "online" aspect are the Challenges that can be picked in the Uplay overlay. Those challenges are mostly achievement-worthy stuff. "Kill 15 belonging to this gang with a truck" "Win 4 drone races". They give points that can be used for tiny rewards.
    The main online/multiplayer aspect is similar to what the first game had, where players can enter someone else's world. The first game mostly used it as PvP, I believe, where players would try to hack each others.
    This game has both Versus and CoOp missions. You can find missions in the world and wait for someone else to connect, or you may receive a request and accept it. The good news is that entering someone else's world is quite fast, I have bad memories of GTA Online taking ages to find a game. CoOp missions can also be started solo, if you want to take on that challenge. It also seems as if Online missions are cycled through, meaning that some will appear and then be removed to be replaced with something else elsewhere in the world. Doing those missions will reward you with followers and cash, like a single-player mission, but also give you points to rank you in a leaderboard, versus everyone else. I imagine the game probably also tries to match people of a similar ranking. It looks like there's a weekly(?) reward, I don't know if this requires a specific rank to unlock or what. I just saw that in 5 days or so they'll give a shitty christmas sweater (basically what its called).

The game has a LOT of options to customize, a ridiculous amount. Basically all the options that we can ask for on PC. It's just a shame that performance isn't THAT good. I've talked about it before, but using their Temporal Filtering is greatly recommended as only THEN does the game seem to run at a framerate appropriate for the visual quality that we see on screen, but Temporal Filtering isn't without some small drawbacks. It mostly seems like a good port, but performance needs to be improved a bit with future patches. The game was announced as releasing with DX12 about 9 months ago, and yet it is NOT in the game. The Division, another Ubi game with what seems to be the same engine (and which is a seriously great port) is testing out DX12. I imagine that they'll finish implementing DX12 in Division and then bring it over to Watch Dogs 2.
    From a more artistic point of view, the game makes great use of colors, is filled with small details and doesn't seem to reuse the same assets very often. The city feels quite unique, there is a lot of variety, areas are well designed. It's visually well done.

Since the story follows a bunch of hipster hackers, there's not much to expect or necessarily like. So far, I think the writers knew this would be our reaction, because many of them seem to be parodies instead of characters we must take seriously. Maybe I'm wrong about this and later on they'll want me to love these characters AS THEY ARE, but it looks like they're aware of how they are. I think one dude just flat-out called himself or another guy a millennial hipster. The story feels more disconnected than the first one due to the theme park design behind this one. This is the drawback of allowing you to go anywhere and discover new missions: you don't have a single thread moving you from one to the other. It's far more gameplay oriented than story oriented.

Recommended? Personally, I'm an absolute sucker for large worlds like these and needed a new dose, so I'm happy with it. This isn't one of those games that will stick with you, that you'll remember fondly and go "this was a classic". I got it for a lower price on Greenmangaming and I'm happy with it. I know Uplay had an offer where buying this game (I think?) allowed you to get a second game for free out of 4 choices (Division, Far Cry Primal, something and something else). I imagine this was for Black Friday or for Preorder sales, unlikely it's still active.
    If someone loves GTA-clones, they might enjoy picking this one up during a future sale.
  6. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

While waiting for my piece of shit DS4 to charge so that i can continue play FFXV i decided to play a masterpiece that i played back in the day on the PS3 and that is Asura's Wrath but this time on the 360. I never rated the game here so is time.

Asura's Wrath - 10/10
    [​IMG]

In all honesty i would give this game far more if it was possible as it surpass everything i ever played since long time. Is a bit of a miss opportunity from the big players not to pick up this outstanding title and create one more. Asura's Wrath represents exactly what i love from Japanese developers that put their talent to create one of the best games in the history of gaming to me. The action packed game has everything you will expect from a japanese game art direction without the wacky crap and trash we constantly get from developers of that great nation this days.

The fights, the drama, the wrath, the enemy design, the characters design and personalities are nothing but marvelous. It was a tremendous pleasure to re-play one of the most outstanding games of the last generation, a game that contains absolutely everything i like from japanese developers and is free of the wacky and sexism bullshit we got this days(almost... but that's a kinda funny scene).

I look forward for this amazing title to get backwards compatible and play it again on the XB1 S or the Scorpio in the future where the issues it has such as screen tearing and poor framerate at certain scenes are fixed. Until that day i will wait patiently to re-play the masterpiece once more and get the adrenaline i got during the game and the fantastic emotion.
  7. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

I wanted that game on PC.
    Kellicros likes this.
  8. Silenus

Finished Mass Effect 3.
    Chose synthesis as I didn't like the other choices.

But anyways I am not satisfied by those endings. Watched the others on youtube.

I'd still give it an 8 but ME 2 was better.
  9. Samor

Samor Foundry

Everybody's Golf (Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational) (PS3) - 7.5/10
    ...this game is very relaxing.
  10. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

Final Fantasy XV 9/10

Best FF game I have played in a long time some things I loved some things I hated, but the overall presentation was great. Awesome visuals, great soundtrack, but I wish it was longer and more fleshed out.
    Silenus likes this.
  11. Kellicros

Grim Fandango remastered: 7/10
    Funny thing is I really don't know if I have played the original because I keep having feelings of deja vu in some part of the game, I probably did when I was very young and gave up on the puzzle.

Now to the game, it is good, it has great story and hilarious dialog, it's the funniest game I have ever played in a while. The characters are very likeable and all these are the reason that kept me going and finished the game.

But, what is not to like? The puzzles are obtuse, I swear I could never figure out some of them without a guide, but the good thing is the game is still very enjoyable, minus all the frustrations I mean. They could have included some Hints in the same style of the commentaries in this remaster, for a casual gamer like myself and make that optional for the hardcore gamers. Some passages were not make apparent due to the obsolete camera angles, which could have been easily fixed with a marker.

I feel like the whole "Remastered" thing is just an excuse for them to re-release an old game and make some bucks. Yes, I am aware of the graphical changes with the character models but very little have been done to improve/modernize the gameplay and mechanic. The game is also filled with graphical glitches and game breaking bugs(at least with the Steam version), and it seems like they will never be bothered to fix them.

Damn, I hope they put this on steam soon.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  12. Silenus

@Yeloazndevil Great to hear. Want to play this game but not enough to get a PS4 just for it.
  13. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

They didn't really remaster or rebuild anything, they just reused the original assets
    that they compressed to fit a cd back when it was originally released,
    at least with remasters like Dragon's Lair Blu-ray they rescanned the plates in hd and cleaned up the images.
  14. Kellicros

I watched their "Making of..." episodes, they did overhaul the lighting effects on character models, uprezzed and clean up the textures, rerecorded the soundtracks, and removed the tank control.

But very little effort were done to help improving/modernizing the gameplay, I know this may not be appealing to everyone but they could have easily made the improvements optional(like what they did with the rendering options and developer's commentaries).
  15. sonicfoot

sonicfoot Member

I'm very interested with Resident Evil: Revelations at the moment. Both the original 3DS and the HD Wii U versions are on special offer on the eShop at the moment. Which version should I go for?
  16. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

wii u version hands down 60fps and no slowdown. 3ds version has a lot of slowdown
    sonicfoot likes this.
  17. sonicfoot

sonicfoot Member

Cool. Didnt realize the Resident Evil games are on special offer across on multiple platforms. Revelations 2 on steam is also looking pretty enticing to me right now.:D
  18. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Finished Titanfall 2:

The first and main question many of you probably have is if it was worth my hype and the answer is: YES DEFINITELY!

BT will forever be the most awesome mech companion i ever had, he was freaking INCREDIBLE! I commend them on a job well done with giving life to this awesome mech/AI.

The game isn't perfect but they got so many things right in this, its absolutely fantastic:

-a very nicely optimized game, its probably the most optimized game i played in quite some time, it looks fantastic and handles fantastic.
    -if your looking for an original story your not going to find it in titanfall 2, with that said if your looking for a nice bonding story between a soldier and his mech you've come to the right place, and its not just BT, the game does a fantastic job with all characters in the game, as some of you may know characters are one of the most important element for me in a game, any game, and this one sure as hell has its fair share of awesome characters.
    - the shear size of options at your disposal is awesome, wall climbing a huge weapon arsenal.
    - you got both fast passed combat and and some awesome mech action with lots of options and tactical ways to look at a fight.
    - the music was surprisingly good.
    - the subtle comedic elements got a few chuckles out of me :p.
    -the time traveling stage is the most epic moment i ever had in a shooter, here is a bit from it, but be warned that there are some spoilers:

And i bet there's loads awesome things that i just forgot about it, but of course its not perfect:

-there's so much more which could have been added to the story and there are loads of moments where you just feel that they could have expanded more in the SP campaign
    -the AI isn't the smartest thing the game has but in my playthrough it certainly wasn't as dumb as @rauntec made it out to be, who knows maybe its playing styles, this game is optimized and designed around the idea that the player will move around a lot, i could see AI issues if your being to static.
    -multiplayer, well while solid this game's multiplayer is unforgiving, unless you got good coordination and good reflexes your going to die a lot in multiplayer, its definitely not for anyone, as the many options and high speed action make it really a pain for someone like me.
    -sometimes the platforming can get a bit annoying but not to an extent that i wanted to quit the game, in the end each time there was an event or line that made it worth it for me in the end.
    - you can't change your ability or loadout in the SP campaign, this is definitely a minus, at least give me an option to do it after finishing the game, let me use what weapons and ability i want then...
    -related to the above there's no reward for clearing the game....
  19. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

Bought F1 2014 to reimport the cars / tracks into F1 2011 but just renaming the models / textures from ??2_main.tga to ??1_main.tga etc in Ego PSSG Editor messes up the texture mapping shown by 3DSimED3, even tried hexediting the .pssg files instead same result o_O
    williams_f12014.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  20. Kellicros

The first Revelations is a much better game IMO though.
    Strike105X likes this.