Rate the Last Game you Played or Currently Playing

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Lynamo, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

That's an understatement :p.
  2. Kellicros

Kellicros retired Contributors

You do realized some people actually preferred the second game right? :p
  3. Strike105X

I don't like how they uglyfied Claire, i can look past Jill but with Claire... things got personal :p.
  4. Kaiser Sigma

Kaiser Sigma ~ Lord of Darkness ~

Revelations 2 had the best raid mode ever though; plus it was campy as all fuck. I mean, come on, Barry's true end route is full of lulz and win. "I'll always need you sweetie. But right now, this (cocks huge magnum gun) is enough."~.
  5. sonicfoot

sonicfoot Member

Liking Revelations so far.
    A bunch of us played Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart Double Dash, this time around I noticed all the references to Sunshine in Double Dash because I finished it earlier this year. Kept noticing Pinata faces everywhere, not just people, but also on the trees and the walls in some of the stages. Freaked me out more than Resident Evil, kept messing up my game.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  6. Kaiser Sigma

Kaiser Sigma ~ Lord of Darkness ~

Digimon: Cyber Sleuth~.

7 / 10 . When the game sticks to its plot it's actually engaging, the digimon breeding is actually fun and the graphics bring back nostalgia from childhood days. But damn the pacing can be atrocious, you have a plot revelation then you are stuck on a chapter full of filler quests. The localization is awful but that's almost the norm for Bamco. Also, don't play in hard or you'll find yourself like me having to spend 150+ hours in order to platinum the game~.
    Gladiator@ likes this.
  7. Gladiator@

Gladiator@ ༼ つ◕◕ ༽つ

Resident Evil 7 - 10.45/11.

What a fantastic game. It had been a while since I had enjoyed a Capcom game, I'm glad they are back at making good games.
  8. Kellicros

Kellicros retired Contributors

Witcher 3 Blood and Wine 10/10

This expansion reminds me again, of how awesome the Witcher 3 is,how they managed to make every quests(side quests included) feels unique and interesting, none of those "another settlement need your help" bull crap, I mean, how big is CDRP again?

EDIT: More I play the more I appreciate the DLC, it is so lighthearted compared to the dark and gritty main game. Love how it wouldn't stop poking fun of the main game, that particular side quest about the Horse, so cleverly done and cute, totally unexpected!
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Silenus likes this.
  9. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

Yakuza 0 10/10

I loved everything about it especially the 80s flair, battle system, music, story, and likable characters.
    Samor likes this.
  10. Samor

Samor Foundry

done already?
  11. Yeloazndevil

54 hours and still lots of side missions
  12. Strike105X

Finished Tales of Zestiria, how i grade it ? AMAZING/Awesome.

I dunno how Berseria is going to be, but Tales of Zestiria for me was an amazing experience, one that truly felt like it brought me back to my gaming routes. For almost a week now all i did was play this game, i was glued to my seat, that's how awesome it was. To put it in simple terms i haven't enjoyed myself this much since playing JRPG's in the good old days, in fact i don't think i got this invested in one since i played The Legend of Dragoon or Xenogears, its the best JRPG experience i had in years, making it my favorite Tales of game, and one of the best JRPG's i played. As for what i loved:

-The focus on each character's personality, they didn't only focused on there speach but mannerism as well, they didn't only interact by speaking but by physical contact as well, making it all seem a lot more natural. They aren't the most original characters for sure, but with such focus being given to them they brought them to life, and i liked them a lot.
    -The story and character development, while somewhat simple is very well brought out, it was one of its stronger points, it really got me invested, feeling there turmoil, sharing their joy, to put it in simple terms i got quite emotionally invested in this game, its why i loved it so much, its a very interesting concept, while still using the concept of saving the world, its really interesting how it shows in most cases that its not just about white and black, the game is filled with grey areas, and in the end you just got to be true to yourself and follow what you believe in.
    -a male main character that for once wasn't OP but who wasn't annoying or spoiled either, its one of the things that definitely made this game shine, but this applies to most of the male characters in this game, i mostly leave the male characters on the side and focus on having females in my party but this is the first game where that wasn't the case, i enjoyed being friendly and bonding with all characters, including fighting with them by my side, i felt comradery towards them, something that no JRPG has manage to bring forth this much to this day.
    -the music was amazing, things like the wind trial stage, earth trial stage, or Zaveid's fight theme, and many, many more, i gotta grab this soundtrack.
    -the combat system was great, simply put its amazing how complex and simple it is at the same time, there are tons of things and options you can do to bring forth the best in your characters with lots of strategies as well, or if your like me and just want to sit back and just enjoy its flashiness but don't want to deal with all the hassles, you can do that as well.
    -exploration was amazing, i loved all aspects of it.
    -graphics and art direction where simply stunning.

Unfortunately there is one bad thing about it, the english localization is pretty bad, it looses a lot in that regard, i played it with the japanese audio and english subs, but damn where there a lot of inconsistencies, and if i didn't understood to an extent japanese it could have really ruined the experience, for instance with Edna...

Still all in all one of the most amazing games i played since the PS1 era, i hope i'm gonna love Berseria as well, but this sure raises the bar...
    Yeloazndevil likes this.
  13. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

Finished already? Man, I started it over a year ago and dunno even where I am in it anymore ;)
  14. Strike105X

Like i said for almost a week i did nothing else but eating, sleeping showering and playing for the rest of the day (and part of the night) Tales of Zestiria :p.
  15. Yeloazndevil

now Stike can play the superior game Tales of Berseria
    Strike105X likes this.
  16. Strike105X

17. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Lego Jurassic World 8/10 (PC/Steam)

I hated the dinosaur QTEs. Otherwise it's a decent Lego game but not exceptional. It feels a bit long even though I finished all 4 'movies' in a bit over 12 hours.

It was fun but the Lego Batman games were more fun IMSHO.
  18. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

Bloodborne - 9.5/10 My GOTG so far
    Bloodborne: The Old Hunters - 7/10 overrated IMO.
    Doom (2016) - 9/10
    The Last Guardian - 8/10
    Infamous: Second Son - 8.5/10
    Super Mario 3D World - 8/10
  19. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

Bloodborne is probably the best PS4 game so far and I miss it dearly...

LEGO Pirates of Caribbean 8/10
    Decent fun and great co-op, one the few games with split screen co-op nowadays (that is not a LEGO game). Camera a bit annoying sometimes tho and confusing as hell. On the road to platinum it now.
  20. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3

[​IMG]

Musou games have never really clicked with me, Warriors Orochi 3 was my last attempt at trying to understand how musou titles really worked, but I could never really get my head around the systems to properly enjoy them. At first I thought Pirate Warriors would be more of the same, however I was pleasantly surprised to find that the changes they've made, no matter how subtle, ended up creating a beat em up which has really grown on me.

The system changes treats your support characters differently, in Orochi for instance, you can switch your character with two others, chain combos and eventually have them all perform their musou attack together. It's an ok setup, but ultimately a little boring. PW3 however does something better, during the course of battle as you lay waste to pointless minions, it charges up a meter for one of your comrades, who could come and go depending on context of the mission, and once you've reached level 3, you can enter a state where you power up, doing extra damage and should you hit your super attack button, you attack with your partner.

The cool thing is once you've done this link you form an alliance and can have up to 4 allies at one time. During your powered up stage, upon completion of your combo your allies will jump in and throw down for a bit. With one character it can keep a chain going well, with 4, ho ho, you will be doing some serious damage.

Effectively this has changed the nature of killing endless dudes and introduced a sort of rhythm to the tides of battle. Timing when to build up your crew to have them available for a boss can make missions finish much quicker, all the better when you're trying to get all the mission challenges to gain a poster for 100% level completion.

As a newbie to the One Piece story, having only the most basic of understanding, it does a very good job of condensing the immense content into a coherent and condensed version of the story, hitting the high notes that has helped make the series the juggernaut it is today. It's a fantastic gateway, just like the Fist of the North Star musou titles were and I've come away from the story as a big fan wanting to see more of this world. In that respect, Omega Force have done wonders.

Pirate Warriors 3 is a very solid evolution of the musou genre, it's accessible, rewarding and I found myself staying up way too late to complete "just one more" chapter. If you are looking for a good One Piece game, this is definitely a good way to go. If you are looking for a competent musou challenge, then this just might be what you're looking for.

PS4