Rate The Last Movie You've Watched!!!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by koko, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Hy-Def

Hy-Def Chubbychu. (AKA Pikachu-bby (AKA Pikachu-BBW))

The Dark Knight Returns (Part I and II): 9/10

BRILLIANT.
    This is probably the best DCAU film.
    Strike105X and Silenus like this.
  2. RedLion

RedLion Better be better than yesterday

So, quoted from IMDB, about the Ghostbusters 2016 false sequel/true reboot:

So do I.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  3. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Ouija Origin of Evil. 7.5/10

It's not a bad movie, apparently its better than the first one which is a sequel to this one. The 2nd (current movie) one is a prequel to the first movie.

I didn't like the ending. Otherwise I liked the movie. It had scary moments, I felt sorry for the people who got killed in the movie. It was a "this is what happens when you mess with stuff you shouldn't" movie. There wasn't a lot of gore, which I liked. I might get the DVD, used.
  4. RedLion

RedLion Better be better than yesterday

Movie: The day the earth stood still ( 2008 )

Note: 16/20

Review:

Critics destroyed this movie. When I see it now, I don't really understand why. The plot is...well...not bad. No big revelations but it does its job. What I liked is how they transformed the initial 1951 theme into something more deeper: from nuclear weapons to humanity destructive behavior. "The problem is not technology. The problem is you. You lack the WILL TO CHANGE.". That was pretty interesting especially the parts where Klaatu was actually discovering humanity "characteristics". I like the fact it wasn't done the "pathetic way".

The ambiance was intriguing. Not once I felt bored or irritated. This sci-fi thriller really hooked me from the beginning until the end. However, it's true it lacked the tension from an imminent apocalypse, but I can understand it wasn't the point. I also think it lacked details about the "aliens" universe. I really wanted to know more about their own "characteristics" beyond their technology ( of course used, you have guessed, for the visual "bling bling", but heh, it's hollywood, tovarich ^_^ )

For the characters, Reeves and Connelly are very believable in their respective roles and I must say Jaden Smith too. It was the time he had a cute face so you wouldn't want to slap it every minute for being the jerk he is now. I also liked Katy Bates, who nicely played the "pressured villain". The visual parts lacked polishment and some effects are too much slapping "CGI" in your face, but nothing that serious.

BTW, a similar movie is coming soon ( Arrival ); that's the main reason I decided to rewatch "The day the earth stood still".
  5. ozzgx4

ozzgx4 Active Member

True Memoirs of an International Assassin - 6/10
    It was an ok film, nothing special
  6. Hy-Def

Dr Strange: 9/10.

Like, totally dope yo.
  7. Kellicros

Kellicros retired Contributors

I loved it too, I think people compared it too much to the classic it is remade from, it should've been viewed as its own film.
    RedLion likes this.
  8. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Sausage Party

[​IMG]
    Gladiator@ and Hy-Def like this.
  9. Hy-Def

That movie was just... Especially the ending... I knew what I was expecting... I mean... I watched This Is The End... But this... This? This was much worse.

8/10. :D
  10. Kellicros

Kellicros retired Contributors

Suicide Squad Extended Cut 6/10.

I missed seeing this on theater because everyone said it is bad and no one wanna watch it with me, I guess they are right though. The film feels like a TV drama crammed into 2 hours cringe fest. Jared Leto's portrayal of the joker has got to be the worst in history, he looks like a teenage gangster-wannabe. Whilst I like design of Harely Quinn's live action debut, my favorite scene of her is probably when she's hanging in the cell at the beginning, because they somehow turned her into a dumbass for the rest of the film. As for the other crews, they're like background characters and really have no reason to be there. Killer croc looks terrible, I cringe every time when I see him, he serve no purpose, maybe until the end of the film, still, same goes with captain boomerang and el diablo. I cracked up with Slipknot dies because I watched a trailer commentary(by angry joe) where he mentioned Slipknot could be the first to die, and that's exactly what happened. I also feel like half of the crews can't act or overacted their roles, maybe because of the bad writings or something, even Will Smith couldn't save it.

If this is what Justice League is about, I really have no faith in DC films anymore.