RE Director's Cut & RE 2 (Dual Shock) sound and cutscene problem

Discussion in 'Problems with Games' started by PerilousPear, Jan 3, 2017.

1. PerilousPear

PerilousPear New Member

First things first, my specs:
    • GPU: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series.
    • Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+ with 2.1 GHz.
    • RAM: 2 GB.
    My ePSXe is v2.0.5. Now I have a problem with both games:
    With the Director's Cut, if I use the GPU core 2.0.0 video plugin, it plays fine, but the sound becomes really muffled and distorted, and if I use Pete's OpenGL 2 Driver 2.9, the sound is okay, but it gets laggy sometimes (During the snake's boss battle for instance) and it sometimes skips parts during the cutscenes and makes them repeat the dialogue in parts: "You were almost a J ... ere almost a Jill san ... lmost a Jill sandwich"

The RE2 Dual Shock version is unplayable with the GPU core 2.0.0 as it basically repeats the whole game (see above), and with the Pete's Driver 2.9, it lags sometimes, and in some parts of the game (most notably cutscenes) the characters seem to flicker (disappear and appear rapidly), also the final boss seems to do the same thing.

If anyone needs any more info and is wants to suggest which driver I should use under which configuration, I'd appreciate it. Also I don't care about the performance, the shader effects and that sort of thing.I can lower everything down if that would make the game to run smoothly (and I tried that, it didn't work)

EDIT: I downloaded Pete's D3D driver and Eternal SPU plugin for video and audio plugins respectively, and it seems better now, but there seems to be black lines outlining objects in the mansion (very start of the game)...
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. drakonolus

drakonolus Member

Hi you there.

Well, i played both games inside on ePSXe older versions ( 1.80 version for more precise ) worked fine and perfectly. And secondly; use the ETERNAL SPU PLUGIN 1.41 or 150b ( in that case ) is the best sound plugin for the Playstation emulation of choice.

It seems that the actual / modern versions from ePSXe are little bugged and not so great after all the matters .....