[READ!] No$gba Frequently Asked Questions regarding DS emulation (No$GBA DS FAQ 2.0)

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by SCHUMI_4EVER, Jul 29, 2008.

1. kiko_96

kiko_96 New Member

Thank you. Is there any emulator that supports dual-slot mode yet?
  2. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

Desmume does, but if No$ is slow for you, Desmume will be all the more.
  3. kiko_96

kiko_96 New Member

You mean PalPark works with Desmume?
    P.S.: SoulSilver works now, thank you.
  4. Smilley

Since that was, basically, what you asked before: yes it does.
  5. lvega195

lvega195 New Member

Help! i'm using myzoomer to play phantom hourglass, nd at a point in the game it requires me to "rub the stylus on the screen" really fast but cant do with the mouse... is there a way to do this faster or something??
  6. Smilley

Is that the first map fragment? I think you needed to rub a specific place.
    Also, search for any old threads with this kinda error or make a new one. This thread is for core problems, mainly.
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  7. clin19

clin19 New Member

guys sorry if this is a repost question, but i'm wondering is the sound problem for the no$gba has been fix yet?
  8. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

that depends on what sound problem you're talking about...since however nothing has changed for years now I'm going to say no
  9. clin19

clin19 New Member

it's static well not all of it, about 50%. that's too bad cause i'm starting to like it.
  10. SCHUMI_4EVER

Well there are two different types of static in no$gba. One is related to sound timing issues in the emulator that still havn't been resolved and then the other is related to the speed the game plays at. The further away from perfect speed the more static there will be.
  11. clin19

clin19 New Member

guess is the problem number one, cause i've been playing with its config and still no result :pCmad:. thanks anyway
  12. Nabz2

Nabz2 New Member

Hey guys

Haven't posted in a while and hope I'm not re-opening this chat but I have finally found a way to get it to work... (A PC controller is needed though :()

Not sure if this has been mentioned because I haven't been following this thread (way to many posts) :p

This is how you play two NDS games at once:
    Firstly use your controller (I use a logitech rumblepad 2) to connect to no$ setting up the controls however you want. (it is best to make it random buttons since you are using the controller)
    Secondly, open a second no$, or other nds emulator, and set up proper buttons using the computer's keyboard. Make sure this Nds's buttons are different to the other. Also make sure this no$ emulator is the active one.

Just so you know I just stumbled upon it and didn't do any hardcore processing. However, somehow the controller can still control the inactive window. Therefore, one player plays on the keyboard while the other plays on the controller.

I hope this works, it does for me everytime I checked it.

Thanks.

P.S I might check in this post now and again so feel free to ask questions.
    PP.S You both have to control the same mouse. But atleast it works!!! Enjoy
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  13. SCHUMI_4EVER

That's still no 2 player since the games aren't linked. As such it's irrelevant. You might as well be playing on 2 different computers worlds apart.
  14. xDevlinx21

xDevlinx21 New Member

I know this is about a month old, so I hope no one gives me crap for posting here. My question is this:
    I've been looking all over the internet to see if it's possible to transfer ".sav" files from my emulator to my R4 flash cart? And if so, where do the .sav files go?
    Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: Have found my answer here if anyone else needs help with this, Using No$GBA save in NDS
    My sincerest apologies for not looking hard enough. Have only gotten a few hours sleep over the past few days. Hope you all have a great day!:dead::thumb:
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  15. SCHUMI_4EVER

At least you were proactive and didn't just sit around waiting for an answer, that's a lot more than many other people accomplish so, Well Done.
  16. xDevlinx21

xDevlinx21 New Member

Haha, thanks.
    Yeah, I might have just overlooked it in the search too, from lack of sleep. :)

But, I'm just happy I don't have to restart any of my games. It's nice being able to back up all of my games now too, so I can just store the originals somewhere safe. My little 7 year old sister already lost her fair share of my DS games. :(
  17. NyanScreamo

NyanScreamo New Member

Good news when i made a new folder out of the archive it saved and went into the battery folder but then i exited the game re-loaded it and when i go to file-load nothing is in the slot but yet the .sav file is in my battery folder ive tried opening it using my emulater to see if that would work but it just opened with that gameboy thing saying "a real gameboy would crash" that thing what do i do from here?
  18. SCHUMI_4EVER

Um...I don't understand what happend. Please explain it more clearly and provide more details.
  19. Smilley

You can't load a .sav. It automatically loads when you start the corresponding .nds. SLOT is No$GBA's standard ROM folder, so just put your .nds files there.
  20. kawaii-kari

kawaii-kari New Member

hello i must say this is awesome :D

i do have a question, do you think you will ever make an update with the ability tio flip the screen? myzoom is way to slow and the NDS2XGL2 is great but certain games freeze up because it needs a more updated version :(
    (i played two games that freeze at certain points due to it being below ver.2.6)
    thank you for hearing me out :D happy new years