Really low framerate + can't find right version

Discussion in 'Dolphin Discussion' started by Sawiner, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Sawiner

Sawiner New Member

I've looking everywhere, but i can't seem to find any 32 bit version of the emulator.

I'm not quite sure also what version is the source files, but i'm having lots of issues with getting them work. It takes 10 minutes just to rebuild, and then i get many errors i have no idea how to fix; nothing i can do with it ..

Also, i've found a version ( The Emulator Zone - Dolphin ). It says 64bit, but it "works". The only problem is that i get an error when trying to load any game .. (windows error saying teh program has to be shut down, yada yada ..)

I also tried the version in NGEmu - Dolphin downloads , but i get a DPS error (constant error keep jumping until i close the emulation)

I also have one last version, though i'm not sure where i got it from.
    Help -> About says: "Dolphin v1.03 - INTERNAL BETA" (and many many more info).
    This is the actual only working version i found, but i have a low frame rate problem with it. No matter what game i open, it keep giving me a framerate of around 3-7, which is REALLY slow..
    i've foudn in the forums some post about low frame rate, and the guy said he got it higher by changing the dolphin.ini file, but there isn't any..

Any idea what to do, which version to use .. ?
    Please help, Matan.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Chilango

Chilango New Member

4. Master_Cloud

Master_Cloud Emulator User

Hello there, that version you have there is quite outdated, so you should try the latest build from here:
    DolphinWx - Windows Live SkyDrive
    Just try them out and see what works best for you.
  5. omegadox

omegadox Code it the hard way :P

The link Master_Cloud has provided above has the Windows 32bit, Windows 64bit, and linux x64 versions of Dolphin. Thanks Master_Cloud!
  6. Master_Cloud

Master_Cloud Emulator User

You're welcome omegadox, just happy to help out.:thumb:
  7. omegadox

Yup, same.
  8. Sawiner

Sawiner New Member

I've tried a few downloads, Most of them work fine at start, 60fps which looks really good and smooth, but that's just the logo's intro.. when the game actually start with a movie or soemthing, it gets really slow to like 5 fps.

Is that a bug in all of them or should i keep on trying the others emulators?
  9. omegadox

It is normal for the game to slow down because the emulator is processing a whole lot more code, and your CPU is not fast enough to keep up with emulation at 100% Dolphin is still in deep development of its JIT core.
  10. Sawiner

Sawiner New Member

That's the thing, it's not using 100% cpu.
    At performance tab in windows task manager, it says only ~50% are in usage.
    Also, i have two windows showing each of the cpus (dual core), and only the left one is at top. the right one is not even trying... it's like dolphin is using onle one core, even though when i loaded the game it said something about 2 cores ..
  11. omegadox

It does not use dual core, if the dual core options is not on.
  12. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax Mr. Technological Staff Member Moderator

Posting your system specifications will give us a better idea whether or not your PC can handle Dolphin.

You are not going to go anywhere if your PC doesn't at least have a Dual-Core processor such as an AMD64 x 2 or Core2Duo and a semi-decent video card capable of at least Pixel/Vertexl Shading 2.0.
  13. Sawiner

Sawiner New Member

I managed to find the dual core option, it was false so i set it to on.
    Now dolphin uses 100% cpu, but the game is still at same speed ..

Specifications:

System
    Operation System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Page file: 896MB used, 1864MB available
    DirectX verion: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Display
    Device
    Name: Radeon X1950 Series
    Approx. Total Memory: 512.0 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Drivers
    Version: 6.14.0010.6635 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    DirectX Features
    DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
    Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
    AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

i wrote the information from DirectX Diagnostic Tool, what i thought was important. Tell me what more information needed if it is.
  14. -Shockwave-

-Shockwave- New Member

Not all games actually take advantage of the dual core option. The game you're trying might be one of those games.
  15. Sawiner

Sawiner New Member

As i said, it now uses 100% cpu, 50% each, meaning all i got.
    Unless you're saying it's fake, and it just shows something not real o_O ? ..
  16. -Shockwave-

-Shockwave- New Member

As you reported, you get the same game speed with dual core on or off. What does that tell you? It tells you that dual core is not doing much for that game. It is being enabled, but there are no speed increase results being seen.
  17. lestar

lestar New Member

the last rev, for me, it's fast, with dual-core mode activated, when disable it, the games slowdown much, i use the 64bit ver too. when i had my CPU at 2.0GHz, the games ran quite good, specially SSBM and ZWW, when i overclocked at 2.4, i got like 3-4 fps more.
    If you can, try to overclock your CPU, and kill any eater CPU programs
  18. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax Mr. Technological Staff Member Moderator

In addition to Dual-Core, open the Dolphin.ini and check if Dynarec = True, if it is not set to True, go ahead and change it.

Also open gfx_dx9.ini and gfx_ogl.ini and set DLoptimize to 1