Remember Me

Discussion in 'PC Games Screenshots' started by snickothemule, Jan 31, 2014.

1. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Before I had a chance to play this game I was very harsh on how it appeared to be designed. I wasn't particularly fond of how the progression looked to formulaic and obvious, with little wiggle room to allow the player to just explore and figure things out. From what I've played so far (tutorial) some of my criticisms still reign true.

But to be fair it is just the tutorial and one can never expect too much from them in terms of gameplay freedom. One thing I do like is the combat, it's very Arkham Asylum in execution, except with the ability to build your own combo which is kinda cool. The climbing around is very Uncharted-esque. Look in a direction, hit jump and the game does the rest. Since I've only been through the tutorial they've taken the opportunity to show off the visual aspect of the game, something which is mostly good.

The aesthetic is pretty damn cool. Neo Paris they call it, set in 2080 something after some war and it looks pretty damn sci-fi, with a hint of noir, a smidge of dirt and a lot of 80's neon lighting in places. The objects in the game aren't huge on the poly count, so characters don't look super detailed. However the use of textures and lighting does a pretty decent job to keep you distracted and allows you to enjoy the scenery and the story.

Story is a little irritating for me so far, too many cliche's and douche chilly moments in the writing and presentation, but the setting, combat and this mysterious woman is keeping me interested. I am a little nervous the game won't let up on the hand holding however, but there is room enough to have some fun, even if it's a little linear.

Settings are up as high as they can go, with Supersampling (thank you devs) enabled, the first batch of screenshots are taken with Anti Aliasing turned off, and the last batch will have then enabled. Performance wise I haven't noticed any dip with AA turned on which is pleasant, as the game is running a smooth 60 with my 2500k at 4.2ghz and my EVGA 760 2gb superclocked card.

I know Ruan enjoyed this game alot, I think by the end I will have too.

No AA in these. Also very few combat screens as there hasn't been that much so far.
    Show Spoiler
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Further screens without AA, still showing off the environment. Texture work is really good.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------

These screens taken with AA turned on High. Performance is still excellent.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Although I have reservations about the how the games was directed, the best design choice they made was having the character in a primarily white outfit. That way she stands out from the detailed background and doesn't get lost in the scene, something other games have struggled with.
  4. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

still not worth its price.