Resident Evil 4 Comparisons

Discussion in 'PC Games Screenshots' started by Xtreme2damax, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax Mr. Technological Staff Member Moderator

Heh I'm done with the Steam RE4 forums. Not really much reason more to post there as my game works fine for me, Capcom is aware of the issues that need to be fixed and the next patch is the final patch for this game. I'll probably lurk at the modding community to see what interesting mods are planned or already being worked on.

I think I probably got flamed to hell in that thread I last posted in or told that I'm an idiot but I'm too much of an insecure sob to check. Plus I'm trying to avoid anything that will get me worked up, increase my anxiety level or is detrimental to my confidence and self esteem which is why I gave up on Facebook. So I'll see everyone at the Resident Evil modding community for RE4 discussions.
  2. DarkSamus

DarkSamus PC game modder Award Winner!

I look forward to seeing you there x2dm
  3. DarkSamus

For anyone interested the demo of the fan made Hi Res texture patch is out now and oh boy does it make the game look incredible.

Will be VERY hard to go back to the Wii/NGC versions after this work is completed.

You can get it here.

Some comparison shots...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  4. Xtreme2damax

Nice, the difference is incredible and stays true to the original design and experience of the game. I thought this was being made for the Wii version then modified little by little for the UHD port? The UHD version isn't too bad, nothing like the Sourcenext disaster from 2007 but there is stuff that still needs to be fixed, corrected and improved. The lack of DoF not a biggie even though I hoped they would eventually implement it due to most fans wanting the same experience as the GC/Wii at the very least. They should at least correct the speculars and bump maps, if not at least revert the changes so we can use Sigma's patch without issues. It's looking grim for the UHD port that several things won't be fixed or corrected with the final patch. I'm hoping there is a way for the community and modders to fix what Capcom won't bother fixing.

Thanks for sharing this DS. I kind of forgot about updating this thread with additional comparisons mostly due to my poor net connection.
  5. DarkSamus

It was being made using the Wii version to begin with because there was no way to import the textures into the new PC version yet.

But ever since the texture importer was created they moved all there work over and are now solely working with RE4UHD.
  6. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

that hd texture for the leather jacket still bothers me, doesn't really look high res when you look at the other hd textures
  7. DarkSamus

The jacket is still unchanged due to them not being happy with it still.

8. Xtreme2damax

@DarkSamus, hows the modding coming along for this now? Has Sigmas patch been fixed to work with the latest patch or is there an improved patch for speculars/bumpmaps? Is there any chance or indication Capcom will go back eventually and fix more issues?
  9. DarkSamus

The shader fix Sigma released for 1.0.5 is still 100% compatible with the final 1.0.6 version.
    The only people saying it isn't compatible on Steam don't know what they are talking about.

Qloc/Capcom has moved on from RE4UHD and are now working on the next game that will hit steam.