Resident Evil 4 PC, a crappy conversion of a very good game.

Discussion in 'PC Games Screenshots' started by PrTv, Feb 5, 2007.

1. RedLion

RedLion Better be better than yesterday

You confirmed you are a girl :p.

Awesome not really, The water effects are horrible and some textures....bleah. But the gameplay is damn good and the motion capture was very well used. The PC port wasn't great, but the game itself is, IMHO.
  2. gamefreak94

gamefreak94 Registered Anime Hater Translator Award Winner!

I don't see why everyone doubted that in the first placeoO
  3. Noja87

Noja87 Unlimited...

Meh i was never impressed by RE4's Graphics. Yes, even on gamecube. The water and effects were bad. Blood looked like crap and textures really average. The only good looking thing was the models. The rest was meh.
  4. redlofredlof

redlofredlof troubleshooter Award Winner!

It is difficult really believe me. To figure out what to do next or just how to survive.
    It took me a week just to reach the first save point. And then there is one place where I'm stuck in an abandoned house and all the zombies come from all the directions and they just keep coming.
    Another time when I am in a valley with a huge monster who either squished me or ashley almost every time. Not to mention the boss fights, sometimes its like one hit and I'm
    :dead:
  5. Noja87

Noja87 Unlimited...

Wow, you really are a girl =O
  6. redlofredlof

What! a game being difficult has nothing to do with being a girl, anyone would find it difficult to play a game like biohazard4 for the first time. If I try now it would be very easy for me too.
  7. Noja87

Noja87 Unlimited...

No, the game is extremely easy in any difficulty. You just shoot em in the head and roundhouse kick them in the face and move on. You are just bad at the game =P
  8. redlofredlof

My ammo used to get empty before I could even aim at the head.
  9. Noja87

Noja87 Unlimited...

Lol there is the prove you dont know how to play the game. It takes 1 bullet in the head or leg to get them set for a kick or a supplex. There is way too much ammo on that game. Especially handgun ammo.
  10. Hiei-YYH

Hiei-YYH THE Hentai M@ster

beautiful by the way =)
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  11. RedLion

RedLion Better be better than yesterday

One week for the first save point? oO oO? Ouch.

Some tips: Learn to use the knife. For the house, do not pay attention to Luis. he will survive. Just focus on the ladders. I suggest you to be equipped of flash bombs.Not only it kills the "out_head" plagas instantanly but give you time to kick the others.

For the "El_gigante", flash bombs are great. Then the TMP will do it. Shot the head. Do not worry for this %*@µ ....ahem...I meant Ashley. She can take at least one hit by the giant. Just be quick when El_gigante take her.

Errr... So you don't have finish the game?
  12. Hiei-YYH

Hiei-YYH THE Hentai M@ster

just make sure to don't shot louis, or you'll get a game over :p
  13. redlofredlof

No I finished the game during holidays.
  14. gamefreak94

How good is the scare aspect in this game? I bet it can't even come close to Stalker, right?
  15. Noja87

Noja87 Unlimited...

The is 0 scare factor in the game. Is not scary at all. Is more of an action game. STALKER rapes it in that area by a lot.
  16. gamefreak94

Oh, thanks:) I just thought it was somewhat scary because redlof mentioned zombies and giants. OK then, if I endured Stalker this shouldn't be a problem.
  17. redlofredlof

No it is not scary, only makes you feel nervous about staying alive in the game cause if you die you will have to play all over again from the last save point.
  18. jonc2006

jonc2006 God of Douchebagness™

i find the leg/foot to be more effective, if it doesnt drop them to one knee to be set up for a kick, it knocks them down on the ground all the way (especially when they are running towards you) and sets them up so you can slice away at them with your knife. they tend to drop their weapns when you do this too, with the headshot they just stagger back a few steps but going for the legs instead usually gives you a longer opening to rush in and take them out without having to worry about them attacking you back.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  19. drakonolus

drakonolus Member

Dunno it's 2013 however.

I got the PC version and seems to me great. Not the same as the pictures you shown as the comparisons from another kind of versions.
    I played a little the Cube / Wii versions. And of course they are the best versions yet. Also i didn't played the PS2 version before. So the only thing i got is the PC version only.
    .......And it seems fine to me. Not that bad. And of course, the foggy and another lightning effects didn't works so well as the Cube / Wii versions. But it's an Ok port but not perfect.

Oh well. I got the american version. And it was supposedly officially patched. Maybe you are showing the european version unpatched OF COURSE !!!!!
  20. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

It is bad without modding, really bad, all versions. The patch doesn't do anything really to the visuals. If you don't see the difference between Gamecube and vanilla PC I shall call you blind. I played RE4 across all platforms and Gamecube version looks best by far.