RetroArch - Mednafen. Changing settings does nothing?

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by svperstarr, Nov 3, 2016.

1. svperstarr

svperstarr New Member

I tried to go to the "offical" forums everyone uses but for some reason it won't send me the verification email so I am hoping someone here can help.

I am using Mednafen of course. I am trying to run Symphony of the Night and by default it puts the game in a tiny window and has very large black bars.

I saw in this thread someone put in custom settings for SOTN
    http://libretro.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-5475.html

I pasted these settings into my RetroArch config:

aspect_ratio_index = "22"

custom_viewport_width = "1451"

custom_viewport_height = "1252"

custom_viewport_x = " 229"

custom_viewport_y = "-104"

video_scale_integer = "false"

video_shader = ":\shaders\Pixellate.cgp"

However it didn't change anything. Only the shader changes. I don't have pre-core rendering turned on. No matter what I change nothing happens. I don't get it. The black bars are no different.

I tried the "widescreen hack" and that didn't do anything either. I don't see what I am doing wrong.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. dpence

dpence New Member

I've not played around with it much, but seems I remember setting the custom view port x and y made the picture small.. leaving it default left it more full screen...thats just going on memory not entirely positive it is right
  4. dukejp

dukejp Member

when playing the game, press f1 to enter a "core options screen" where you can configure your option for the psx core. Also, in the general config setting, press the "save current config" to save all.

I use retroarch to emulate the psx, and aside the graphics enhancement of opengl plugins in epsxe (retroarch only have software rendering), this is the best psx emulator, in terms of compatibility and options. The best, by far.
  5. dpence

dpence New Member

ummm it has hardware opengl rendering as well (2 different cores)
  6. dukejp

dukejp Member

That hardware opengl core its not so good, yet. Play Silent Hill to see. But is in early alpha stage, so will become better with time.