Ripping Audio / Music / SFX off PS2 ISOs?

Discussion in 'Misc PS2 Discussion' started by goku262002, Jun 26, 2007.

1. minime_samilin

minime_samilin New Member

Try google it. If you can't find it then just pm.
  2. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

Ok I found Emuhaste. But what's the latest version?
  3. minime_samilin

I can't remember, lol. Personally I use codebreaker since I transferred all my game saves and cheat file for use for PCSX2, lol. The cheat file for codebreaker is for KH2FM+ though.
  4. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

Which is better? Emuhaste or CodeBreaker?
  5. minime_samilin

I prefer codebreaker since I can use all the codes for it and it is easier to use. Emuhaste doesn't accept certain code types and is a bit more complicated but you can code codes during the middle of the game.
  6. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

I'll go for the easier one. Can PM me CodeBreaker?
  7. darkflux

darkflux the darkflux

well, it seems the KH games' audio is indeed hard to rip:
    http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-ps2-di...h-kingdom-hearts2-dirge-cerberus-xii-etc.html
    but not UNDOABLE:
    http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-ps2-discussion/71452-ripping-fmv-audio-kingdom-hearts-2-a.html

whoops, look what i found:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ8HRJsljNE
    this should have links on the right side of the screen. the video's abit confusing what aith the camera panning around, but you will get the general idea. perhaps minime can help further if needed?
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  8. minime_samilin

Oh yeah I forgot about that. If you are willing, these guides are very effective for extracting the fmvs from KH2. You just need a lot of patience. I know I did when I was extracting some of the video files from KH2FM and KH re:COM. For extracting the game sound effects, I just used PCSX2, run it with codebreaker elf file and use a code to disable in-game music, use either zerogs or just press f12 to record sound and video (optional) and then just make Sora do certain actions to get the sound effects (cast magic, go into menu, etc).
  9. GeraldJerome

GeraldJerome New Member

I was curious as to whether anyone would know anything about Red Dead Revolver. I've attempted several times through several different methods to extract the FMVs and dialogue from the iso. Yet, no dialogue is found, only sound effects. Added to that, the FMVs that I am able to uncover have a horrid static noise. I attempted changing the interleave and the best results I have are at 64, but nothing gets rid of the static. So I'm wondering if it's even easily attainable at this point. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
  10. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

Man, I've tried No BGM for KH2 NTCS U/C(I have it), using CodeBreaker v9 that minime supplied but the damn BGMs are still there!
    I have GameShark 2 v4.1(DVD) but I can't use it because it stucked at Starting Game......................................................................................... ==

Is there anyway I can make the GS ISO to ELF?
    Oh thanks to refraction, now I know how to extract them.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  11. darkflux

darkflux the darkflux

hey acrox999, are you using KH2FM+ version of KH? that's the version minime said the codebreaker codes were for. just a thought, sorry i don't have any useful info...
  12. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

I have KH2FM+ disc before, but it went missing. I went to KH-Vids and someone gave me No BGM for KH2 NTSC U/C, which I had now. But it still doesn't working.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  13. darkflux

darkflux the darkflux

you might try downloading an image file of KH2FM and mount it to run in the emulator. there are a couple of ways to do this, PM me for more info...
  14. minime_samilin

Have you tried using other codes for KH2 if they work? If using other codes work then it could be that the no bgm code is wrong or you may have mistyped it into codebreaker.
  15. acrox999

acrox999 New Member

I've did triple check on the codes that I typed. Let me check again if my KH2 is NTSC U/C.

Alright, I've checked my KH2. It only said NTSC(from SYSTEM.CNF).
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  16. Truth4all

Truth4all New Member

Okay guys...I'm trying to rip voices from "Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Matsuri: Kakera Asobi" (When Cicadas Cry Matsuri)

Now when I mount the 4.3 GB ISO I get 3 files:
    SLPM_669.13
    SYSTEM.CNF
    IOPRP310.IMG
    Tiny and less than 2MBs
    Some people were able to extract sprites...I'm looking for voices/cg's. Someone told me there were over 60k sound files o_O WTF. When I ran the ISO though Cube...nada. Through PSound I got 100 0 second files (like begining of words then stop)

WTF am I doing wrong?
  17. tom_mai78101

tom_mai78101 No$gba Philospher

Then the music you've heard are chiptunes made from some trackers.
  18. b boy rock

b boy rock New Member

I've been trying to find a way to rip all audio from FFX with no luck... I know it's probably all uploaded somewhere but I really wanted to do my own rip if that's even possible?

It's been almost a year since the last post but I think reviving this will do no harm. ^^
  19. goku262002

goku262002 Member Since June 2004

Long time guys, can't believe my old topic helped people until 2011! amazing...

Anyways, I'm looking to get back into the extraction scene but I'm wondering if the tools mentioned way before are still viable? has there been updates to any existing tools or has there been newer tools released since then?

Thanks.
  20. RingAnimated

RingAnimated New Member

What do Square-Enix games do?