Save Files? Where?

Discussion in 'VBA-M Discussion' started by Manikku, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Manikku

Manikku New Member

I am currently using this 'VisualBoy Advance-M v0.1 (beta)' version of the emulator, to play the Mother 3 Translation that came out not too long ago.

Now what I'm asking about is.. Where exactly are the Save files stored? I mean when I "install" it it's not the usual extract on whatever folder and use it, this one asks me to mount it onto a sort of a virtual drive for it to be usable.

I'm using the MAC OS (macbook laptop) version of the emulator and I would like to know where are the save files stored so that I could export it to somewhere else whenever I change comps and stuff.

Hope you guys can help me, it would be a shame for me to start all over whenever I change comps.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  4. Manikku

Manikku New Member

Okaay I'm gonna try the one that was uploaded by mudlord see if that one actually has a save file I could move or store eventually if I want to move or whatever.

Thanks a bunch Squall.
    EDIT: Hm squall, by any chance would you know where were the Save states or normal save files stored on that emulator I had? I cant find the folder with them.

According to this new build emulator you pointed for me it should be on Library > Application support > V-BA M, but no luck. I wouldnt want to start over If I could prevent it :x
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  5. Squall-Leonhart

The files by default should save in the same folder as the roms. if not, you will have to ask kunai team or bgk, because im more involved with the windows build then linux or osx/ppc.

Sorry.
  6. dark magshin

dark magshin New Member

that link is broken. i dont know if i am also using this "bad" port because it is just called "VBA-M" i am also looking for the save files. if anyone can help me, please let me know.
  7. Squall-Leonhart

the link will stay broken for awhile yet.
  8. dark magshin

dark magshin New Member

seriously, where are the save files? i really need to find it.
  9. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

As was said, by default they are in the same folder as your game....that's where they are for just about everyone who has ever used VBA and for every VBA single version of every single Windows install I have ever the saves have always been created in the same folder as the game. If they are not there, then it's a screwy version of VBA such as the Mac Port...or you messed with the settings yourself and set it to save somewhere else....or you are making save states (.sgm) but are looking for battery saves (.sav) and can't find any because you never made a battery save before.
  10. dark magshin

dark magshin New Member

i know the sav isnt in the same folder as the game. i looked for it and also tried moving the game incase it was a dotfile. i know the difference between a .sav and a .sgm btw.
  11. SCHUMI_4EVER

Try doing a search on your PC for .sav files and or files with the game name...for instace let's say you're playing Pokemon and you file is named something with Pokemon in the name then try search for Pokemon.
  12. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

.sav is in-game save. In-game save are created using the game's save function.

.sgm is save state. Save states are created using the emulator's save function.
  13. SCHUMI_4EVER

....he said he knew the difference imlost.....
  14. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

Oops.... Perhaps I'm just a bit tired from doing math homework. :X