Screenshots taking won't work. Halp?

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by Vospi, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Vospi

Vospi New Member

Hi! I'm using ePSXe 2.0.5 for Windows; I have a problem taking screenshots.

Can you help me?

I'm running games via ePSXe Cope GPU fullscreen, I've tried two ways:
    (1) Pressing F8. Nothing happens, "snap" directory is still empty, and F8 is not mapped to any external software.
    (2) Using external software to take screenshots. It worked, but it's inconvenient for me, because I need to take a lot of screenshots of different games, and I don't want to crop them all afterwards (as they have black borders on a 16:9 screen, obviously).

These are my plugin settings.
    F8 doesn't work in windowed mode. either.

[​IMG]

So, my task is to make many nice hi-res screenshots of games as I see them in ePSXe now. :)
    Would appreciate any help.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. dpence

dpence New Member

I just tried it, works fine for me... press F8 and screenshot in bmp format is placed in snap folder. There is nothing to configure or map. only 2 things I can think of is either the folder isn't displaying bmp's or it is write protected and not allowing epsxe to write to it. You can right click the folder and under security make sure your user id has full permissions and not read & execute only

oh as far as black bars, afraid you'll need to crop them through epsxe too...here is one I took in my test a few mins ago (via the software plugin not the hardware ogl2)
    PSOGL2_016.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. Vospi

Vospi New Member

I've now checked for full permissions for all users and instances, but it didn't change anything. Thank you very much though, especially in regard of black bars :)

I'd appreciate anyone testing a particular combitation of ePSXe 2.0.5 + new ePSXe Cope GPU.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  5. dpence

dpence New Member

just thought of one other possibility.. if you are running fraps or another 3rd party capture app, it "Could" possibly interfere things like fraps have their own capture system...if you are not running it, it might be an alternative since it uses a simple press a button to take a snapshot system
  6. Vospi

Vospi New Member

Yes, I will do that with Monosnap, it works, I just thought I'd rather do it internally... The feature must be there anyways.
    Thank you!
  7. FoxSevent

FoxSevent Not a Registered User

Just gonna throw my two cent's here, i have the same issue as Vospi F8 never worked for me for some reasons, in some rare cases none of the commands worked like F1-F3 or ESC i had to ALT-F4 to exit ePSXe but that's a rare occurrence, but snap function never worked, typically i use Print Screen button and paste it in Paint.