Shadow of the colossus Fps problems :/

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by ph03nix, Jan 5, 2009.

1. ph03nix

ph03nix New Member

Hey guys. I m new to the site and i ve started using Pcsx 2 almost 2 days ago so don't expect me to know stuff about "patches" and any configurations u can do with this program :dead:

I m having problems playing "Shadow of the colossus" on the emulator, the fps are like 35+ at intro "where u see the bird flying" but then drops to 13-.
    At starting screen i get around 8 fps .... and in-game i get around 12-15 fps.
    I m using Pcsx2 pg v.1.0.0395 VM (i think it's the latest available download)
    At configuration i m using quite all the default stuff but disabled Sound config in case that makes the game go a bit faster
    At CPU i ve used the Multi-thread options, but haven't changed anything at frames
    And i also tried the default "Speed" option for the Speed Hacks configuration, but still the same.

My Pc spec is
    C2D E8400 @ 3.00 Ghz
    4GB Ram
    Radeon Hd4850 512mb

Any help would be welcome
    I m sorry in advance for any lack of information, i really don't understand many stuff about Pcsx 2 yet.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. NexXxus

NexXxus it'se miku!

did you tried the playground version with GSdx?
    the game likes X3 Speedhack and is also much GPU dependent.

And a 4850 combined with a dualcore CPU sucks for pcsx2 by the way.
    The ATI drivers are just taking too much CPU usage, steals performance and that could be bad since pcsx2 is mostly CPU limited.
    A quadcore can balance that out.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  4. ph03nix

ph03nix New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I m using the pg version of Pcsx 2 along with the GSdx (tried it with ZeroGS kosmos aswell and any other previous GSdx that was with the Pcsx 2 emulator download)
    I think the motion blur of the game kills the fps actually, cause i ve seen some videos on youtube that they ve played the game with no motion blur in lower spec pc's

I didnt know that 4850 with c2d cpu isn't good to have actually.
    But i borrowed FFX-2 today from my cousin and it didnt have any problem at all, had minimum 47 fps. So i guess i don't have much problems with pc..

Maybe some specific configuration, or some patch could make the game work on higher fps. (Meaning from people that have already played it, if they could post their configurations.)

Thanks in advance
  5. jesalvein

jesalvein Registered IT crowd

I played it using pcsx2. To make it run at full speed you need a pc that doesn't exist yet.

Try using as many speedhacks as you can in pp version of pcsx2, use native res in gsdx.

But d'ont expect miracles.
  6. ph03nix

ph03nix New Member

kk will try :D
    Thanks for the tips :thumb:
  7. jedijacket

jedijacket New Member

Shadow of the Colossus - SCUS 974.72

PP 551 vtlb from this thread

Config from 4 post
    Don's change advanced options.

I have killed two colossi in 1360*768 with 55-60 fps. I had fps drops in a few places -> switched to native res and got full speed.

pentium dual core 5200@3500 Mhz
    2 gb ram
    gf 9800gt in vista dx 10 with gsdx 0.1.13

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  8. Ryoji Ysgarran

Ryoji Ysgarran New Member

what about mac osx. I cant find a gsdx version compatible to mac