Smartphones and Tablets news.

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion' started by Silenus, Dec 16, 2010.

1. resolutespider5

resolutespider5 I mustache you a queshtion

Smartwatches are for posing.

It's a bit like buying the latest iPhone and then bragging to your friends all night about how elegant it is.

[​IMG]
    @ruantec likes this.
  2. GeominorAI

GeominorAI AI

3. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

The Nexus 5X looks pretty good, but those front speaker grills aren't stereo. I can't go back after the HTC One M7, I needs those sounds man.

The 6P looks good but its a fatass, skinny bitch phone.

The cameras look tremendous, takes great photos of your food because that's the hot shit.

Reviewers are excited about the placement of the finger scanner. They also get snooty over bezels. They need help.

For my needs I want a phone with an amoled screen, ace rear camera and front facing stereo speaker, a mid range cpu because lol those shits heat up real fast. Its a shame the 5X doesn't cover all those requirements.

Show Spoiler
    Phones are dumb.
  4. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

I personally need a phone to make phone calls...... :p
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  5. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Personally that's the last thing I need it for... Seriously, all i need is enough ram, cpu, and a good quality screen, i mostly watch videos and listen music on it, plus some ocasional browsing...

Replaced on my lenovo phone my 16 GB class 4 SD with a 32 GB class 10 one, and damn does it make a difference in emulation, except for bloody roar 2 I get now full speed in all games tested on epsxe, better ppsspp performance as well. Also tried reicast and kept it for power stone. I didn't think a faster Micro SD card would help this much...
  6. @ruantec

Yeah, i just use my Lenovo ThinkPad 8 tablet for that kind of things which is why my Phone is just a for calls use and rarely WhatsApp messaging. If that weren't the case i think it would be pretty similar to your use. The difference is that my tablet can handle a variety of Emulators quite well and since is small enough i carry it with me always.
  7. Strike105X

A tablet for me would be a bit inconvenient considering my daily routine and usage, but I get where your coming from.
  8. Strike105X

Also now it makes perfect sense why you like your Nokia Lumia, its the perfect fit for such needs.
  9. @ruantec

I know what you mean but actually that's not the reason. I personally find the Windows Phone OS to fit my needs better since i can code apps for it easily without any ugly tools or language. It has the most terrible UI on the planet but is pretty straight forward. Apart from that is also the price and what you get as Android phones in the price category of mine are usually crap. And last but not least i personally refuse myself to pay a high price for a phone.

Apart from that i see phones for simple use like calls, messaging as phones don't have any other use for me. I have to say that it may be because i hate handhelds which is why i don't use any myself even if i owned a Vita and still own a PSP. This is also the reason why i see little sense in smartwatches as well. The only use i see in phones are to browse the net which could be terrible at times even on Android and read some mails quick.

A tablet in the other hands fit perfectly my needs and provide me far more possibilities and specially a x86 tablet. At the end people may have different taste or needs so it depends but for me everything below a tablet has limited use.
  10. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

@snickothemule Have you seen the new Moto phones, they might interest you.
  11. Strike105X

Actually i quite respect the lumia, its an awesome phone, if my needs weren't so specific and if i could at least play and browse music/videos in the player by folder not having all of them jammed in categories such as "artist/songs/playlist" i'd be tempted to buy one, as for gaming maybe playing only halo on it would suffice probably...
  12. @ruantec

Actually you can browse and play songs by folder ;)
  13. Strike105X

Videos to ?

How do you do it btw cause i tried on a nokia lumia 640 and i didn't see such an option in the music app ?
  14. @ruantec

There is a browser app that allows you to browse your phone/SD-Card and you do get categories but one of them is folder. In the case of the browser app you have a windows explorer-like experience and obviously you can play videos and music.

wp_ss_20151022_0001.jpg wp_ss_20151022_0002.jpg
  15. Strike105X

I see well i'll take it into consideration then, though currently i'm temped on an All View P8 Enenrgy XD, my phone carrier has good prices on them and support paying in rates without interest added.
  16. @ruantec

17. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

They most certainly interest me, the Moto X Play or Style looks particularly delicious, but there's not much info about them in Aus. They've almost got everything I need in a phone, if they had the new Nexus camera, it'd be the perfect device for me.

I think I'm going to wait until next year to see what the landscape reveals, new fab process, new processors that hopefully don't throttle and more sensible designs that don't waste battery.

LG need to get stereo speakers, Moto need to get OIS in their cameras, if they do this I'll be happy. If not I'll say whatevs and buy the Alcatel Idol 3.

EDIT:

lol looking at prices for the nexus phones in Aus, the 5X is around $650 and the 6P close to $900 lmao.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  18. Strike105X

19. Samor

Samor Foundry

looks super-generic to me but hey, if it's good...
  20. Strike105X

I'm getting it for the specs and good price not for the looks :p. Its a 5.5 super amoled screen 2gb ram, 16 GB internal storage, 1.3 GHz octa core for 250 euro and can be payed in small monthly installments with no interest.