Smartphones and Tablets news.

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion' started by Silenus, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

Industrial-grade clickbait stories... Anyone could also do better by simply stealing a phone.
    Or even better, getting a phone for a negative sum (getting paid to accept the device). Who said you can't beat free?

More realistically, there's refurbishing programmes whose subsides nearly fully pay for everything. It obviously doesnt cost this little, as taxes and public money usually cover those expenses.

And there's obviously the possibility the sellers of ultracheap devices are getting their money's worth off cheapskates one way or another, like by slipstreaming datamining malware or including their own app store.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Thanks for that info on the phone. Decent enough phone that I can get for the kids! But does it have the real google app store or an offbrand appstore?

This is when you know............ you f^%$#d up! M9 plus has dual cameras PLUS a fingerprint reader. DOOOOH. I just replaced my M8 with another M8 when I should have gotten the M9+ :(

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  3. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Isn't the M10 being announced next month?

I would have waited to see the new stuff before getting another phone this year.
  4. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

I wouldnt hold my breath... HTC's got a fetish for buying time by building up hype, only for cruel reality to set in when they finally announce anything. And by the time they start selling devices, rivals outdid them.

It's one of the reasons Android as an ecosystem fails... You got unending hype for devices that end up outdated the day they finally start selling, outclassed by the next rumored devices.
  5. Silenus

I got you but in his case, he likes HTC that's why I suggested to wait for the 2016 flagship.
  6. shinra358

shinra358 Member

I dunno. I'll have to read up on that. But I needed it asap because of my delivery jobs that work solely through the phone.

Edit: I googled it real quick. M10 doesnt have the dual cameras like M9+ or M8. But it does have the fingerprint reader like the M9+. So unless they got a secret M10 too, looks like the M9+ is the best version.
  7. GeominorAI

GeominorAI AI

Source: XDA Developers
  8. Silenus

Haven't read the link but I'm not sure it will have a big impact on the scene.
    There are a couple of good forks and a lot of developers that will keep working on modding stuff.