Soul Calibur - Reicast (Android Dreamcast Emulator) - Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Discussion in 'General Screenshots' started by cooliscool, Aug 2, 2015.

1. cooliscool

cooliscool Super Moderator Staff Member

Here's just a couple shots of SC running on my Verizon Note 4 running KitKat, Android 4.4.4 (Snapdragon 805 - 2.7GHz, Adreno 420 @ 600MHz, 3GB LPDDR3 RAM). Running at 2560x1440 with 4xMSAA

Running wonderfully; full speed at all times, with only minor background glitches in fight and one even more minor glitch in the main menu text. Many games run perfectly. I'm absolutely in love with Reicast, and simply blown away by the power of today's mobile devices.

I'll add more shots of this amazing emulator running as I get more games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    Strike105X likes this.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

Wow, impressive.
  4. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

That is pretty impressive indeed, Soul Calibur is pretty much my most played game on my phones (though i play the actual game released by namco on the phone not emulated), or better said the only game played, except for it for some weird reason i don't feel comfortable gaming on my phone.
  5. Samor

Samor Foundry

maybe its the touch controls?
  6. Strike105X

No its not that, i never liked handheld gaming to begin with so i think that's the issue.
  7. Samor

Samor Foundry

ah... so you're not a fan of handheld consoles either?
  8. Strike105X

Nope that's why i love handheld emulators like PPSSPP :p.
  9. cooliscool

cooliscool Super Moderator Staff Member

That's interesting, because I find gaming on mobile devices (my Note 4, particularly), to have reinvigorated my love for gaming - it just feels right - gaming on my Note 4, especially with the excellent emulators available for Android, feels almost as it did when I was younger. After adding a Moga Hero Pro bluetooth controller + device holder, it compunded that 10 fold. I've gamed more on my Note 4 in the past couple weeks than I have in the last few years combined, and I work 9 hours a day M-F (as a software engineer, staring at a screen, coding all day, no less :p). It just feels right, very hard for me to explain.