speech cut off/sound problem

Discussion in 'ePSXe Archive' started by astroduck, May 2, 2002.

1. astroduck

astroduck 發水麵包

it seems like lots of people had experienced choppy sound/speech cut off during FMV's in some games using epsxe(Dino Crisis 2, Resident Evil 3, VP, etc...). Is this a bug in the actual emulator or is the sound plugin??

Does anyone come up with any solutions yet??
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Ultragunner

Ultragunner Trans-Am Mode

try to use the accurate cd-rom timing. this helps me with the speech in RE3. might help with other speech related games too.
  4. Zephon

Zephon Key To The Universe Contributors

Disabling "SPU IRQ Hack" in ePSXe sound config should correct this. DO NOT disable it inside the plugin config(actually, you can disable it in the plugin, but then you have to enable it in the sound config. As far as one of them is enabled and the other is disabled, the stuttering sound in MDECs should not occur).
  5. astroduck

astroduck 發水麵包

The sound is perfect but the speech is still off in some games. For example, the character says the first word of the whole sentence but then the rest got cut off. The prefect example for this is Dino Crisis 2 during the cut off scenes and intro movies.
  6. Wildbat

Wildbat New Member

i tried the above suggestion but doesn't work with RE 3 .....
  7. Prafull

Prafull Active Member

I also faced this problem but enabling accurate cd rom timing solves this as mentioned above.
  8. astroduck

astroduck 發水麵包

I did that already but no luck
  9. Chriszalide

Chriszalide New Member

Muhahahahaha.......and i thought it was my problem. I tried with almost every spu pluggin there is to try but the same problem still occur. Speech sounds great at the beginning but start to slow down or completely cut off. This problem happens particularly in Resident Evil 3. I tried the accurate cd-rom timing but it still get cut off at some point. Sigh.

I really wanna play this game and will not compromise on any defectiveness(i know what u guys are thinking, get a PSX console damnit!) Hehehhe but actually i'm saving my money to get a PS 2. Muhahahhaha......

Anyway if there is a step by step guideline on how to eliminate this problem, i would certainly appreciate it. Thanks heaps guys.
  10. Ultragunner

Ultragunner Trans-Am Mode

astroduck, your system specs indicate you have a DVD rom drive.
    that might be the cause of the problem.

i run the game at a 52x cdrom drive and it works fine.

you could try to run it off your cdr drive and enable accurate cdr timing. (might work)

better yet make an iso and enable accurate cdr timing.
  11. astroduck

astroduck 發水麵包

I already tried that, I used my Lite-On CD burner but still bad...
    BTW, i am using ISO so which drive I read from shouldn't matter that much.