SPU2ghz Releases

Discussion in 'PS2 Plugin Questions & Plugin Troubleshooting' started by GiGaHeRz, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Benny_a

Benny_a New Member

Ok so i just tested Persona 3 FES and sound is louder, FF X PAL have same sound but some anoying low volume klicks once in a 10 sec
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. rama2

rama2 Emu author Emu Author

I spoke with giga today, and he agreed that i can post a svn build of his plugin here.
    The latest version 1.9r2 has a broken timestretcher. Instead of fixing loops it makes it even worse
    (small misunderstanding of a soundtouch feature :p )

So this version is based on svn 65, but has a very nice stretcher. In my tests it does better then zerospu2.
    Be warned though that this build is UNSUPPORTED by Gigaherz. If it gives you trouble, just use the more official 1.9r2 .
  3. toyopsp

toyopsp Human Troubleshooter

thanks rama2. nice fix you got there. i've compiled svn 65 earlier today and it is loopy! this one solved it, awesome!
  4. rama2

The slight update is all gigas code, i just was the one who bugged him about it.
    (As i always do, hmm. Sorry Giga :p )
  5. toyopsp

toyopsp Human Troubleshooter

is that so? then thanks giga for the fix and thanks rama2 for posting it
  6. NexXxus

NexXxus it'se miku!

hhmm the doubled piano samples in FFX are still there, even with timestretching enabled.
    it also has bad samples in the menu.
  7. RPGW1ZaRD

RPGW1ZaRD PCSX2 & O/C Addict

I'm really starting to like it although it has sound problems here, especially wrong volumes, it's coming along very nicely and sound is a lot cleaner doesn't crackle/repeat. It's got potential to become the SPU2 of choice I reckon so please don't ditch the project giga.

The FFX beginning music sounds like if reverb is overused. :D
  8. rama2

You'd be surprised how little sound problems it has :p
    Aside from a few (squaresoft) games its all cool here. Btw, games that use the "slides"
    feature of SPU2 arent working correctly with ZeroSPU2.
    See Xenosaga2 or that Y's game
  9. GiGaHeRz

GiGaHeRz B( o Y o )BS!

I'm aware of some over-looping in FFX and also in KH2, but I don't really know what causes it.

The reverb (effects) code is basically untested and i'd recommend disabling it for now.

I'm still in the process of tweaking the volume stuff, that's why r2 is marked as experimental in the first post. Still, the new mixing stuff has a increased range usage, which leads to less precision loss during the mixing.

NP, its code already in my svn copy, just I also have other changes so I couldn't build a "clean" version.

I will never promise anything but I guess I might have 1.10 ready this week, if everythign goes well.
  10. Benny_a

Benny_a New Member

A question: Is it possible to enable SPDIF pass through and use external decoder?
    For example I use it on my pc, so all sound goes tru optic cable to decoder and sound card don’t even work, decoder does all the work.
    There is optic output on PS2, so this way we can use DTS and AC3.

Also theoretically in this mode will it be faster for the emulator? It will have less to process?

Thnaks.
  11. rama2

Gigaherz is trying to get SPDIF decoding to work, once thats done i think he knows
    enough about it to implement pass trough.
    He mentioned it could cause trouble though, for instance when fps is too low or too fast.
    And no, it would be slower, not faster, since it has more to process ;)
  12. GiGaHeRz

GiGaHeRz B( o Y o )BS!

As rama said, first I need to manage to get a "continuous" stream of data from the spdif videos. If/When I manage to get that working, then it should be possible (and probably not extremely hard) to send that data stream through the spdif port.

Of course it would be faster than decoding the stream in software, but not faster than ignoring spdif completely, and you happen to have a quad core, so you have cpu to spare. ;)

Still: one thing at a time. There's no point thinking if passthrough is possible or faster, without a working spdif emulation.
  13. Benny_a

Benny_a New Member

:thumb:
  14. Slander

Slander New Member

Great job on the plugin GHZ. Your hard work is much appreciated. I'll leave some input once I get a chance to rip more of my PS2 games, since my DVD drive had a heart attack and no longer works :\
  15. GiGaHeRz

GiGaHeRz B( o Y o )BS!

Thx. I will be looking forward to it.
  16. rama2

As mentioned before: Games using slides now give the right volume (Xenosaga2, Ys).
    Sound quality is very nice, winamp plugins make it even better.
    Changing options like timestretcher or interpolation mode on the fly
    don't cause crashes, very nice :p

Those square games (FFX, FFFII, Kingdom Hearts) loop some instruments.
    I got some games that hang though, one is waiting for a sound effect to play,
    the other (Wild Arms 5) is hanging somewhere in the intro.

Speed is so so. Better use a fast system or fast running game ;)
  17. jamest212

jamest212 New Member

I've been testing out this plug in on DQ8, and I have to say, it's FANTASTIC.

Petes and Zero sound horrible on this game, but this one - flawless. I was having some problems with the Timestretcher (if you don't use it, you get some skipping sound effects/speech - nothing bad or gamestopping, but slightly annoying), but the "unofficial" fix seems to have worked that out. Still occasional save state problems, and game freezes, but usually, when the game freezes, I just save the state during the freeze, restart pcsx2 and load the save and continue on my merry way.

Thanks, giga!

edit: I should say that I'm not even sure this plug in is the source of the freezes. And they usually seem to occur when I tab away from the emulator without hitting esc. But if a save state won't load right, I turn off timestretching, proceed a bit, resave, turn it back on, and its usually fine at that point.
  18. Prafull

Prafull Active Member

Oh wow.. I dint knew it played metal gear solid 3 fmv & cutscene sounds just fine where peops and zerspu2 cant. It supports sound recording too?
  19. GiGaHeRz

GiGaHeRz B( o Y o )BS!

Supposedly: I implemented the functions for start and stop recoding, so as long as the emu calls them at some point, it will "record" audio... unless somehow I broke that without noticing. Regardless, there's wave logging which, if turned on, records ALL the audio output since the beginning (not just when you are using movie recording stuff).
  20. Prafull

Prafull Active Member

Currently pressing f12 second time crashes the emu for me. Although the record file is created but quality isnt good at all.