SPU2ghz Releases

Discussion in 'PS2 Plugin Questions & Plugin Troubleshooting' started by GiGaHeRz, Dec 25, 2007.

1. dukevzla

dukevzla New Member

Wait let me set the settings like they were before..
    Yeah they do it anyway T_T.
    Well, thanks a lot Ghz
  2. ChronoReverse

ChronoReverse New Member

This is the only plugin that can playback videos in KH and FF12 without crackling AND have the sound ingame without delay. Kudos for that.

I'm still a bit sad about the "bip" sound in FF12 though.
  3. guy_uoft

guy_uoft New Member

any progress on the blipping footstep sound in FFXII? that's the one thing preventing the sound from being perfect....
  4. ptt1982

ptt1982 New Member

Hi Gigahertz, and Rama2!

First I'd like to thank you for your (hic!) good work! (I bought too strong wine for the independency party...).

Secondly, is there any way a normal stupid bloke like me could help with removing the BLEEP walking sound from FFXII? Girls, money, porsche etc... All the things emulator codec coders want, right?

This is a question that many people have probably asked before, but I'll shoot! So umm, is gigahertz spu plugin actually open source? Is there a version of the plugin out there somewhere that actually has the bleep thingie fixed? I'm not a coder, but I know a lot about it, so I know it can be very complicated and difficult to track down one small line of code like that, which is causing the thingie that bugs us FFXII freaks!

But hey! When one is drunk the Bleeping sound makes FFXII kinda... amusing! It's kinda hippy and old school when one walks! So until the geniuses behind the project find the cause, let's be positive and enjoy this great free product they did for us! :)

Have a good independency party all you finnish emulator chaps! Over and out!
  5. bositman

bositman New Member Contributors

No.That's what 'known bug' means.The developers know about it,but can't fix it.
    So,no.
  6. ptt1982

ptt1982 New Member

Ok, Thanks for the straight and simple answer. As an intellectual (especially after a lot of wine!) I should have known that coming.

By assuming that everyone else actually trying to find a solution and doing the coding are smarter than me, I can reduce my stupid questions to zero and only take space from the important thread when I'm drunk and talking about absolutely nothing a lot! :D

But seriously, I guess these guys are smarter than me. I guess I was thinking of comparing the structure of the code with the other sound plugins and trying to create a similar sound, thus, finding out which part of the code is actually wrong. But, cuz it's not simple, it doesn't go like that.

So! All in all, I just stick to the booze and the silly bleeping happy hippie characters of FFXII :)

BTW, does P3 FES work flawlessly now with PCSX2 with the latest plugins and bins? Cheers for answers! :)
  7. shanoah

shanoah PP team member

To get a better idea of the scope of the problem, you might take a look at this open pcsx2-playground issue for it, since the playground project has a modified version of spu2ghz in it:
    Issue 22 - pcsx2-playground - Google Code

As you can see, it's had a number of people hacking on it without luck...
  8. ptt1982

ptt1982 New Member

Shanoah, hey that was useful, thanks! I read through all the work they are trying to go through. These guys work hard... Respect for that! Hopefully there is a breakthrough soon!