Street Fighter Collection - No Sound

Discussion in 'ePSXe Compatibility' started by Oemenia, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Oemenia

Oemenia Member

Im tried a number of plugins, and tried to play the game by both mounting an image and simply loading the image in ePSXe, unfortunately, niether do anything regardless of 1.6 or1.7

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

i don't have SFC but i have SFA and the sound worked in that.

what are your full system specs
  4. floopy

floopy New Member

How big is your disc image?
  5. karas81

karas81 .:Enigmatic Protagonist:.

......................................!!

Give ePSXe v1.5.2 a try
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  6. jonc2006

jonc2006 God of Douchebagness™

test the game by playing from the disc as well, it will narrow down the possible sources of the issue. and what is your image format?
  7. Oemenia

Oemenia Member

Thanks for replying guys, but yeah, my image is a .bin which i find to be the most compatible. Ive tried playing straight from the disc, and that didnt help either.

As for my specs, their in my sig = )
  8. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

No, they are't

those are abbreviated specs.... full system specs includes all the hardware, in the system, even if it has a bunch of onboard stuff.
  9. jonc2006

do you have the .cue file in the same directory as the .bin file? try using a .ppf patch because i take it you are probably using a PAL version of the game which often include copy protection. usually when this is the case the game will just not work at all but i suppose it is possible that a PAL region game could work but only to a certain extent (no sound for example). im not 100% on that though, i dont live in an area where i would be using PAL region games but i think this is a possibility.

edit- i know you said you tried them but can you try using eternal spu 1.41/1.5.0, but in addition to doing that can you tell me how you set up initially? i think it is possible this could be caused by a bug or something related to 1.7.0, so im thinking it would be more ideal to test this in either 1.6.0 or 1.5.2 because in addition to what i just mentioned, in 1.7.0 the new core spu plugin is actually better (imo) than the eternal spu 1.41/1.50 so and i no longer use it in that version. however, in 1.6.0/1.5.2, i used the eternal spu plugin pretty much all the time. after playing around with it for a while i eventually came up with a setup that worked to a poin where i had no audio issues whatsoever in just about any game.

after a lot of testing with the settings on various games, i started suggsting my settings to alot of people who had audio issues and the majority (but not all) of the time they fixed their problems. so basically i just want to see how this works out and i might suggest the settings i used for you to try, but first i think it would be best if you could tell me how you set that plugin up yourself (just in case you already are setting it up correctly for the most part).
  10. Ultragunner

Ultragunner Trans-Am Mode

i believe street fighter collection uses CDDA, gonna test it out when i get home.

in the meanwhile, try the suggestions here:
    http://forums.ngemu.com/epsxe-discussion/105659-cd-audio-tracks.html
  11. jonc2006

cdda is supported by the core plugin in 1.7.0 now though.
  12. Oemenia

Oemenia Member

Firstly, thanks for the excellent replies, sorry ive taken so long but ive had a few exams. But yes, i actually own the NTSC game, it wasnt released in EU = (

In 1.7, i used Eternal 1.5 and the Internal SPU, and on Eternal, when choosing a fighter or in-game there was no music whatsoever, whereas on Internal, at least now i hear the first note of music, but that continues as a screech.

Thanks again
  13. jonc2006

ok try the game on either 1.5.2 or 1.6.0 and use the eternal spu 1.41 with this setup-

audio device- directsound
    buffer size- 64
    audio-out method- thread
    all 3 special game fixes enabled
    "wait for XA buffer is free" enabled under the "misc" section
    neill's reverb

and in the spu selection menu have the top 3 boxes ticked and the 4th unticked.

if you do this make sure you are either playing directly off the disc or from an image in .bin/.cue format (you might need to mount it on a virtual drive as well). if by chance that doesnt work then try using psx.