Next Generation Emulation banner

Strike's gaming rant....

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Nightmare 
#1 · (Edited)
My most anticipated game sux, Onechanbara Z2 chaos is pretty damn horrible, its flashy i will get it that, but that's all, its an inconsistent mess. Story is trash, and by that i mean your thrown in the middle of what seems to be the ending of the previous game, you get almost no story for the middle and suddenly you get yourself at the end of the game facing a green hair character and suddenly everyone is trying to turn melodramatic... and give speeches, speeches that make no freaking sense since there was nothing going on up till that point they make it sound down the last mile like they've been enemies for ages... like ages of conflict, but nothing happened... Don't get me wrong i'm not exactly looking for story in this game but this... this is a hack job even for the lowest standards... Previous games had the feel and cheesiness of a B rated horror film, its what made it, they weren't to flashy, they weren't to grounded, and they worked, speaking of flashy i'm not to fond of the graphics either, i swear that even the Wii version looks better then this... not to mention that you can see where the texture merge on the character models... best way to describe this game is:

Flashy, shallow with no substance...

That's one rant out of the way....

Another rant is that many jp games including Onechanbara have become milking machines for DLC's, but the worst of the worst is Capcom and Koei, Capcom with SF V, Koei with DOA5 there are so many improvements needed on those games and they just keep on trying to milk them with DLC... While i do enjoy SF V, it sure wasn't worth its asking price, it looks like they did the bare amount of work for this game (focusing on graphics, and gameplay) while sayin' fuck all the rest...

EDIT: i mean wtf happened to the times where actually finishing a game rewarded you with extra costumes, gears, accessories ? Now i got to pay for freaking color palletes like seriously fucking color swaps ? THIS IS RETARDED!

Back to Onechanbara, previous games had a lot of extra costumes, and extra characters as unlockables, now its piss poor! The unlockables are a joke now...

Last is DOOM and i don't hold this against anybody, it could be just me, but the game bored me... The graphics are great, the controls are great, design A+, hell i was impressed durring the first stage, but it got booring fast, it felt monotonous. I will give them one thing though performance wise it ran like a champ, i had no issue with the default settings with my config, solid 60 FPS at 1080p.

Last but not least its, Microsoft and their war on Dual Cores, you mean to tell me my G3258 runs DOOM fine but its to much for Forza, fuck you MS, fuck you.

There rant done, have a nice day.

PS: finally bought Diablo III (+expansion) thought that if this game sux to i might just as well quit gaming... well it doesn't its awesome!

See less See more
#3 ·
Last but not least its, Microsoft and their war on Dual Cores, you mean to tell me my G3258 runs DOOM fine but its to much for Forza, fuck you MS, fuck you.
This is the second game where MS seems to block people from buying it for their own reason, which is annoying. Their mentality with Win10 so far has been to make choices for the user, and that's what annoys me the most.
In regard to Forza, it's quite possible that your PC would struggle. CPU usage has been very high, GPU pretty damn high too, and people blame the CPU usage on a UWP bug.
It's not exactly as optimized as Doom is.

Based on the benchmarks, I would run the game at 40fps on 1080p.

#10 ·
Actually i was complaining about Forza Apex, i didn't even bother with 3 Horizon....

So the fact that Capcom compromised the security of millions of PCs wasn't a problem? or was the fact that it was quickly pulled why you weren't upset?

Its going to be a while before I'll be trusting Capcom after that stunt. It shows they're either inept or don't care about compromising people's PC security if it stops cheaters.

I'm glad my PC can't run Street Fighter V, and I'm just happy having Ultra Street Fighter IV on Steam (and my 360.)
Actually i missed that part, yeah its a shitty move.

actually almost all the dlc for onechanbara z2 was free on ps4 except for 2 costumes, they just got greedy on steam
Even if the content would be free (including those costumes), its lazy compared to what we had in the previous games, extra characters, a lot of extra costumes etc.

and as for SFV, the SFV team is the shittiest dev team ever at capcom. I can trust Capcom fine but I can't trust the SFV team ever.

also millions is a stretch SFV barely went past 200k in units sold on Steam
I have to agree with this. Give me back SF4!!!!! and to hell with the shitty SFV!!!!!!!
Actually for the content that is present i actually like SF V, i love the story mode, i love the japanese joice acting, i love the graphics and visual styles, what it has i love more then previous versions, but there's not enough content even if you included the DLC's for the full price of the game, although i do love what there is their i admit i regret selling my Xbox one pad to get it...
Doom is really good, I thoroughly enjoyed the fast pace and the thought that movement equals your safety. But if it's not your cup of tea I reckon give Wolfenstein a go. It's some good FPS action with an interesting setting and story.
I do agree with you, it just might not be my cup of tea, i am impressed with it though, visually its awesome, and they did a very good job at optimizing it, i guess after the love i had for rage it was a shock not getting into DOOM. As for Wolfenstein i actually completed both of them, it really is an awesome series.

#4 ·
So the fact that Capcom compromised the security of millions of PCs wasn't a problem? or was the fact that it was quickly pulled why you weren't upset?

Its going to be a while before I'll be trusting Capcom after that stunt. It shows they're either inept or don't care about compromising people's PC security if it stops cheaters.

I'm glad my PC can't run Street Fighter V, and I'm just happy having Ultra Street Fighter IV on Steam (and my 360.)

#5 · (Edited)
actually almost all the dlc for onechanbara z2 was free on ps4 except for 2 costumes, they just got greedy on steam

and as for SFV, the SFV team is the shittiest dev team ever at capcom. I can trust Capcom fine but I can't trust the SFV team ever.

also millions is a stretch SFV barely went past 200k in units sold on Steam

#6 ·
My bad...I thought more people purchased it....

It is Street Fighter after all...

#7 ·
SFV probably sold more on PS4

Street Fighter 5 has sold 1.4 million copies across PC and PS4 between its release in February, and the close of their financial year on March 31st, falling shy of Capcom’s projections of 2 million over this period.

The numbers were announced in their Investor Relations report.
no idea how much has sold on Linux a la SteamOS

#13 ·
The game mechanics/gameplay is one of the main reasons i could get into it, even in SF4 except Ibuki i don't like any single character... I guess its a win/loose situation, i do know how you feel though, i didn't like the changes from Bloody Roar Primal Fury to Bloody Roar 4 either.

#14 ·
So i take back what i said about DOOM, the game is awesome, i now know for sure what i didn't like, the movement with the emulated X-input on the DS4 pad, it felt off, i'm loving the game so much now with the Xbox One controller
, its like a whole new experience.

Now don't get me wrong while i do prefer the XB1 pad its not that its the fault of the DS4, in fact i'm actually loving this controller more now as well, ever since i dropped DS4Windows its been a sweet experience as well. It seems that i'm very sensitive to X-Input emulation, i don't get along with it and it messes me up, since i dropped DS4Windows the experience with the DS4 pad has been great, as a D-Input pad its the best i ever had, i got nothing to complain about. The XB1 pad will be of course my main (especially for X-Input games lol), but i wouldn't trade the experience i have with the DS4 controller on DOA5LR for almost anything (well probably that Hori fighting commander Yelo posted would top it :p), and of course i'll use it for PCSX2 when playing fighting games as well (i couldn't get it to work with Dolphin oO).

TL;DR: DOOM is awesome and i love both my XB1 and DS4 controllers i don't regret getting either of them and in the end i came out on top XD (with a bit of a hard blow on the wallet but i'll manage :p).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.