Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Discussion in 'Dolphin Discussion' started by Why-Fi, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Why-Fi

Why-Fi New Member

Ok, finally ripped everything and got ready to test, but no good... :(

It loads, ****s out tons of huge get-out-of-the-screen-borders error message, then displays the following screen (attached).

Bad luck, I guess... :(
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Karmeck

Karmeck New Member

Dose not work for any one. Dual layer disk. The game install the stuff you need to play dual layer games then put in a real wii.
  4. Why-Fi

Why-Fi New Member

I know, I play it on my Wii and before the first time I played it forced me to install some Wii forceware. But what I don't understand is how dual-layer affects dolphin's performance and playability. :(
  5. Master_Cloud

Master_Cloud Emulator User

I don't know anything about that either. The ripped version of SSBB that I got turned out to be the single layer one(4 gigabyte), and I still have the same problems as everyone else. So that proves that the problem may be a little more complex (or simpler) than we think.
  6. -Shockwave-

-Shockwave- New Member

This game was known to not work many months ago.
  7. niuus

niuus New Member

Dolphin is really not ready for Wii playing.
  8. Master_Cloud

Indeed, that is why we should just continue to have patience until the right time when things are better in place.
  9. Karmeck

Karmeck New Member

As the emulator don't have the update that comes with the game it cant play it.
  10. ector

ector Emu author Emu Author

Karmeck, that's not a correct explanation.

I think it's more likely that Dolphin is missing some feature in its DVD emulation that is necessary for dual layer isos to work correctly.
  11. Karmeck

Karmeck New Member

That is what I said. The things necessary to play it is inside the firmware update.
  12. Why-Fi

Why-Fi New Member

Well, I don't blame the devs. To be able to even get a Gamecube emulator to work like dolphin, the devs must be heroes, trying the almost impossible thing, to emulate something much more powerful and mysterious than the computer systems, using open source material and having to cope with school/jobs/life/etc. Some day we will be able to play SSBB on dolphin, that's for sure, and it won't be too long until then, I hope. Until then, well, I'll keep using my nifty Wii. :D
  13. Master_Cloud

14. Why-Fi

Why-Fi New Member

What rev was that on?
  15. MisterxD

MisterxD New Member

No,I can play Msyims well,but it didn't work at the beggining too !
    You have to change some plugins/configurations (for example Dual core/Idle skeeping ON,out and so on)

DX9 Plugin and OGL...
  16. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

The initial wii firmware and updates predating SSBB, were only able to read Disks up to 4GB's in size, This is due to whats known as MediaCodes, the update on the Brawl disk is kept within the 1st track of Data which is why the Wii can read it without having the necessary media codes, Once the firmware update is installed, the Wii has the necessary Mediacodes to read DVD9 Wii disks.

All DVD5 versions are known to be Warez-Rips with the movies removed amongst other things, Don't even bother posting if you happen to have the DVD5 version unless you can prove (with a video) that you actually ripped it yourself (which isn't likely considering what is actually involved in removing them)
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  17. Master_Cloud

Look at the revision number on the Dolphin emu window in the pictures, you will clearly see that it is Rev 1178.;)
  18. Super Empra

Super Empra The Ultimate Life Form

Cool, that means that Dolphin is one step closer to being able to play SSBB.
  19. RockmanForte

RockmanForte Rockman fan

Not really.. DVD9 of this game still not work. The DVD5 was something remove the movie from and it is almost work but it doesnt mean it is one step closer to be able to play SSBB, you know. It will be one step closer if DVD9 is emulate enough. :)
  20. ChaosHeart

ChaosHeart New Member

when I try SSBB DVD5 I can see "Now Loading" in a few time and the emulation block
  21. Why-Fi

Why-Fi New Member

DVD5 is a hacked version, we don't support it. ;)