SVN repository for Virtual Jaguar

Discussion in 'SDLEmu Official Discussion' started by Shamus, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Shamus

Shamus Emu author Emu Author

What is the exact error that you're getting when you just do make by itself?
  2. Schendstok

Schendstok New Member

I just tried the new version 2.0.2 and successfully compiled it for my Linux Mint 9.
    What I did wrong was previously that I used "make -j8", thinking that I could speed up the compiling in that way. But that only works if you use "make prepare" and
    "make libs" first. If you just type "make" it works fine.
    Sorry about that, my mistake.
    On Linux Mint 9 I did have to remove the "setPlaceholderText" lines in alpinetab.cpp and generaltab.cpp, because of the older Qt version. But it works fine otherwise. Thanks for the help and the new version!!

I did encounter a problem when I tried to compile it on the latest Ubuntu 11.10 (tried that in a virtualbox).

Code:
    /usr/bin/ld: obj/libjaguarcore.a(file.o): undefined reference to symbol 'gzclose'
    /usr/bin/ld: note: 'gzclose' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libz.so so try adding it to the linker command line
    /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libz.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [virtualjaguar] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bernard/virtualjaguar'
    make: *** [virtualjaguar] Error 2

I installed the following dependencies: qt4-qmake, libcdio-dev, libqt4-opengl-dev, g++, make, zlib1g-dev, subversion, libsdl1.2-dev.
    Some might not even be needed, and I don't think I'm missing anything.
    Any ideas how to fix that?
  3. Shamus

Yeah, in the virtualjaguar.pro file, you have to move -lz to be after -libjaguarcore like so:
    Code:
    LIBS      += -Lobj -ljaguarcore -lz -lm68k
    It seems that the link order is important on some systems. The fix for this will be going into SVN soon. :)
  4. geormetal

geormetal New Member

This game no longer has sound as it work in the Previous Version:

Trevor McFur in the Crescent: Bios: Yes & No/GPU: Yes/ DSP: Yes/ Audio Playback: Yes

Please fix this in the next released.
  5. rcoltrane

rcoltrane New Member

Hey Shamus, it's nice to see that you didn't give up of this project!!

Are you expecting to release one binary soon? Sorry, I'm too lazy to compile the latest svn by myself. This and the fact I don't know how to do that :p

I'd like to try AvP again.

Keep working on it! I'm sure it will be a superb Jag emulator!! :D
    Roger.
  6. Ricardo99

Ricardo99 New Member

Right, well....you can get the folder contents here
    http://rich.eq2.co.uk/vj/VJ.zip

You'll need this as you need the QT dlls and a couple of other new bits, unless your version is already the QT one?

And the latest exe from here:
    http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/various/vj2.rar

If the dbug link above is not working (which is the case at the moment) you can get the latest that I have been able to build from here:
    http://rich.eq2.co.uk//vj/virtualjaguar.exe

I have my VJ build enviroment up and working for now :D

I'll post a new reply everytime I upload a new version, just so you know when it's done :D

You lucky lucky people :p

Just drag the exe from that rar (or save the exe from the eq2 server) and overwrite the one in the folder you put the files from the 1st link into.....

You will ofc still need to find the BIOS and your own roms.

Both of these rars are courtesy of ggn over at the AtariAge forums.
    Unfortunately his link for the full folder is currently offline but, fortunately, I have zipped my folder and whammed it onto my ftp server for you lucky lucky people :D

ggn's vj2.rar is an autobuild he wrote, which is just awesome, and is updated every few hours or days I can't remember which. But, when there is a new version out it's at that address pretty quickly.

I have tried many times to get vj to compile on this system even using ggn's msys enviroment which he was gracious enough to rar up and share, but it still wouldn't work on here :(

All I do now is check the trunk directory on Shamus' svn repository and if there is a new version out I hit the link to ggn's vj2.exe and grab the latest version....

BIG BIG T H A N K S go to ggn for his compiling and sharing and a huge T H A N K S go out to Shamus for continuing to work on this fantastic project. :thumb::thumb:

LONG LIVE VIRTUAL JAGUAR!!!!!!!
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  7. rcoltrane

rcoltrane New Member

Thank you guys!! I've just tried the latest 2.0.2 and the progress compared to my previous version (rev 390 from 11/08) :D is INSANE!!

SHAMUS, you are damn good!! Keep with the great work. Kudos to you.

And when it's almost done, I hope you can give MESS team some tips to improve their Jaguar driver as well. I love MESS and would love to see its Jag driver as good as your emulator.

Roger.

8. Ricardo99

Ricardo99 New Member

virtualjaguar link in my above thread upated to SVN 413.

Ricardo :D
  9. geodoc

geodoc New Member

This emu is fantastic! Im running it in windows 7 in a window. Is there a way to run it full screen?

Thanks!
  10. Ricardo99

Ricardo99 New Member

Not sure with this release, not found a way myself yet.

If I find one I'll let you know, though I am sure that Shamus is working on it right now :p
  11. geodoc

geodoc New Member

12. Shamus

No FS support at the moment, but it's on the short list (along with controller support and command line support). :)
  13. Ricardo99

Ricardo99 New Member

Hello Shamus :D

I have been compiling the last few svn versions on here without trouble since ggn posted his msys environment.

Just notived there was a new svn revision up, 415.

Tried to compile it but it errors up with the following:

Any ideas? Hopefully it's just a simple fix, if not don't worry about it as I am sure it will be sorted futher diown the line. If you think it's something to do with the build enviroment, any ideas on how to fix that would be much appreciated.

Keep up the good work buddy.

Ricardo.
  14. Shamus

This was taken care of in r417. :)
  15. Ricardo99

Ricardo99 New Member

417??? whut???

What have you been doing...lol

Well, now I get this:

looks like same error code, just earlier on in the compiling. Am I missing something ?

Ricardo.
  16. Shamus

Looks like it didn't update your working copy:
    Code:
    svn: The path '.' appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater
    working copy. Please upgrade your Subversion client to use this
    working copy.
    So you might want to update your Subversion client as the repo is now on SVN 1.7.x :)
  17. Ricardo99

Ricardo99 New Member

Thank you Shamus...should have thought of that actually........:emb:

Turned out there was a couple of problems.

1st the slikvn client needed updated, as you so rightly pointed out

2nd I really need to check my batch files after I write them.....it was downloading the latest svn and copying over to the msys/vj folder, only it wasn't. I missed the /y so it wasn;t overwiting with the new version *sigh*

Note to self "read your own damn command lines"

Oh, btw, it shows "svn" as the version at the top of the menu bar (though not the svn version) and version 2.0.3 in the "about" tab. Is there any way I can change something so it says which svn revision it is, I'm sure it used when I was getting the exe's from ggn's debug server?

Anyway, Thanks again Shamus :D Top marks.
  18. Shamus

Is there an "svn" command somewhere accessible by the command line? If so make sure it's in the path so that when the Makefile runs it can generate version.h. :) Otherwise, I think there's an Msys/MinGW package with subversion that you can install. ;)
  19. Lowkey Loki

Lowkey Loki New Member

How about getting with the Project Tempest guy and fixing the DSP for Virtual Jaguar? Project Tempest has great DSP code but snitty graphics and Virtual Jaguar has great graphics but snitty DSP code.
  20. william smith61

william smith61 New Member

Sounds good to me. I love this