Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles PC Demo :)

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by caipirinha, Oct 21, 2003.

1. caipirinha

caipirinha Change your heart

hey guys, the demo is out, it seems the game is out in stores too. for pc, gamecube, xbox, ps2 and gba

graphics are good but could use a little more enemy variety and details in the environment.
    sound is standard but i think you may get a little tired of hearing them shout the same lines everytime you attack.
    gameplay fun fun fun, hehe good old TNMT, again a little more variety wouldn't harm but it's been so long since i saw a game like this that i don't care :) and hoping the full game will have totally different moves for each turtle although i highly doubt that.

now for some shots, hope you guys like and don't be afraid to get the demo , it's just 32mb :)

oh i was having problem with this game and omega's catalyst 8.5 , i reverted back to 3.8 and it's working just fine now ;).

edit: :hdbash: doh sorry forgot this "little" detail :p here's the link

http://www.gamershell.com/download_3860.shtml
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2003
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Touka <3 Staff Member

link to the demo plz :)
  4. Kane

Kane 邪魔ゎ指せない Contributors

That looks quite crap really. Cell shading is all well and good, but it looksquite cack when there's aren't enough polys. The game looks like it's already 3-5 years old
  5. Exodus

Exodus ...and now they do.

its to give it that nostalgic feel, since TMNT has been dead for 10 years.

or

it goes to show how much time and effort went into it, since its been in development for the past 3-5 years.

you choose, either way, they're disgracing the memory of the ninja turtles.
  6. Zapages

Zapages Prince of Persia

My computer is too slow to run the game. :cry: :(
  7. Kane

Kane 邪魔ゎ指せない Contributors

That's a fault of shitty programing, not your PC IMO. Any machine > 500MHz with a card above a geForce 2 MX200 should be able to play it if it was well written, from what I can see in these shots.
  8. ShadowDancer

ShadowDancer Heh...

The graphics aren't crappy. They're pretty good and not something I would call crappy. I've played the game and it kept the cartoony cel-shaded feel. The annoying thing though, is the repetition. A character who says his attack move all the freaking time gets really annoying. I could see though why this would appeal to the fans who enjoy this cartoon or 14 year olds. Pretty standard hack and slash though. If you've enjoyed Street of Rage-type games, you'll probably like this one. Probably.

The new cartoon is what I call crappy though. I can't stand it. At least they would've kept the same opening song of the original.
  9. Regulus

Regulus SEGA Fanatic

bah. I HATE the new ones. I always watched the older ones when I was a kid....the new action figires, games.....it all sickens me.....
  10. N1ghtw0lf

N1ghtw0lf Crasher of Castles

I love the ninja turtles...wether the game looks crappy or not...if it plays right, graphics dont matter to me :) gaming isn't "all" about pretty graphics...its about havin fun...
  11. Boltzmann

Boltzmann Retired

The graphics are rather crappy, But I do agree with N1ghtw0lf - the game can be good without great graphics.
    Although they're probably just trying to squeeze some more money with the TMNT :(

I liked the old TMNT cartoon, and I never watched the new ones you guys are talking about.
  12. N1ghtw0lf

loved the old ones

and i love this game...good hack & slash...just wish they had more moves and they wouldn't use their little catch phrases every time you hit a button :p
  13. caipirinha

3 years for this?! /me says wow, i guess they threw away the original game and made this one in the last 6 months :D hehe, as i said in my tiny little ultra-amauterish review it needs a lot more of everything , except "talk to feet!!! talk to the feet!!! talk to the feet!!!" LMAO . but just to show how powerful this concept is the game is still fun , at least for me, and that's what matters :p .
  14. N1ghtw0lf

yea...i thought it was a blast (although i couldnt find out how to kill the trash guy, blowing up barrells killed me too :p)...but yea...the voices get annoying but overall i thought it showed potential to be a good hack & slash if they fix a few things...
  15. caipirinha

hmm everyone is having trouble with the trash guy hehe, dash around and after he attacks throw a barrel at him with the strong slash, after you threw all of them just double jump + kick in his face till he's dead ;)
  16. Razor Blade

Razor Blade Locked and Loaded Moderator

Why is it that if someone see's a game that has not as great graphics as some other games they think its a bad game. :???:

OMG. You should really look at gameplay. Graphics arent EVERYTHING you know! And I know many of you think the same as me. Good for you. :)
  17. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Touka <3 Staff Member

cuz ppl nowadays are graphic wh0res :p
  18. Razor Blade

Razor Blade Locked and Loaded Moderator

Well I feel for them. :nono: I mean God I have to be the worst to judge a game by its graphics ... Sometimes ... But I have learned rather recently that it's not everything.

Don't ya love to pop in an old NES game and play SMB3 or a TMNT arcade style co-op game? I know I do. And look at the graphics ... sure good for its time but for today standards it would be road kill. Think before you judge. :yawn:
  19. Monkeybrains

Monkeybrains ?

Just finished the demo.
    I'm glad its not as kiddified as the cartoon but it would have been better if it were as dark and gritty as the original comics.
    Its quite fun though, if a tad repetitive.
  20. N1ghtw0lf

thats why i said i wish they had more moves...it is really fun for me though...i love modern platformers...sometimes i get tired of unreal tournament 2003 and need a good hack & slash...i like jumping around and such...and yea...the TMNT games on SNES, Genesis, and NES are all classics...i love every last one...
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2003
  21. Omegainf

Omegainf Penadinho

I just LOVED the demo and can't wait for the retail version to arrive :)