The Impossible Just Happened: WFC on DeSmuME

Discussion in 'DeSmuME Discussion' started by Luigi__, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Sky*dragon

Sky*dragon Pokemon Lover

disible your firewall/antivirus firewall maybe that is the problem
    also if you have win7/vista try running desmume as admin
    hope it helps
    BTW: why does the svn bullds do not connect to wifi?
  2. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

because the feature isn't ready yet for any idiot that can hit a download button
  3. memoryofds

memoryofds New Member

Which version or revision of DesMume do i need to get wifi work and how can i dump the fimrware from my nds?

Edit: Forget my question, i asked before i read this whoe thread.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  4. magicfan101

magicfan101 New Member

I only own a laptop, so will this work if I bridge my Wifi connection to my Lan? I tried but but it disconnects from SoftAP and spits out a 52100 error.
  5. Miz1

Miz1 New Member

Is it possible?

Is it possible to make the emulator emulate the Local Wireless mode?
    I would like to play Dragon Quest IX with my friends through Hamachi, but the thing is that to play DQIX in Co-Op mode you have to use Local Wireless and I haven't found a way to do that. :(
  6. Luigi__

Luigi__ Formerly NHervé Emu Author

This is what the Adhoc mode is meant for. Except it doesn't work yet. And I don't know when it'll work (if it will ever work).
  7. Miz1

Miz1 New Member

Ah, okay.

Thanks for the quick reply.
  8. Garza

Garza New Member

A local wireless connection between 2 pokemon dp version is possible?
    I think, if use the same logic at the game link, like a local wired.
    I mean.. idk i'm kinda noob.. but it's possible to run 2 desmume at the same time at the same computer using ad-hoc wireless connection to trade battle or something?
    -
    I tried no gba... and i found something weird.
    i linked, and found another player's room but stops at the "Awaiting Response" part.
    Sorry for my "noobful" question.
  9. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

No. Neither No$GBA nor Desmume support local multiplayer. It's what _Luigi referred to as "Adhoc mode".
  10. Garza

Garza New Member

Thanks =D. Much Aprecciated.
  11. dblanchard78

dblanchard78 New Member

Ok I have a question, I use desmume for playing ds games and I want to connect mine to another to trade pokemon between games. Is there a way to do this? I don't care about getting online with it I just want to trade Pokemon between my games untill I get my ds replaced. I'd like to link two programs together with wif if it's possible.i
  12. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

This is the third time this question is asked on THIS PAGE ALONE. And the answer is still no.
  13. Muscab

Muscab The Phantom

Actually you can, I have tried once and it work like a charm. Don't remember where I got the tutorial from, but I'm pretty sure I got it from youtube. You can go to youtube and there are many tutorials available. :thumb:
  14. deSSy

deSSy New Member

The wifi works perfect for me (no single crash/disconnect/suspended acc/ban etc), but only with DeSmuME 0.9.7 r3947..... i didnt tested ad-hoc cause i cant, maybe it works too
  15. dblanchard78

dblanchard78 New Member

I gave up on it since I couldn't get it working with my wifi adapter and I've seen the vids on youtube and none of them worked. It's ok since I'm not concerned about it.
  16. deSSy

deSSy New Member

It works only via wired in DeSmuME 0.9.7 svn3947, WLAN is not supported
  17. Antiman9

Antiman9 New Member

What!?

Well, if you are clever, you'd know that you can bridge network adapters in windows. (I bridged my Virtualbox virtual network adapter to my wifi adapter and bridged my DeSmuME to the Virtualbox adapter and I don't have any problems using Google, irc, facebook, and even downloading online content on different games works.) I really wish you guys would work on the Wifi feature more, because there are a lot of people that want to have it and would love to use it. Who cares if Nintendo blocks something, I mean for the love of god this is an emulator SIMULATING THEIR ~$200 PRODUCT! so why haven't they already done so? surely adding wifi isn't going to hurt them more than adding compatibility and bugfixes for their $20 games!

I may have misunderstood, and if so please clarify why you aren't working on wifi, otherwise I really hope you guys decide to progress with this feature further! I've been trying to find an emulator that is actually worth the time it takes to download it, and if you guys can make the first fully functional and working NDS emulator with WIFI SUPPORT, I'm certain that this project will gain fans quickly, DON'T GET ME WRONG, I LOVE THIS EMU<3 I just wish it had better support on one of the key features.

Thank you,
    Antiman9
  18. elpadero

elpadero New Member

I have built the source for my Linux system with --enable-wifi flag and installed I have installed libpcap. But when starting the emulator, I have the following warning in console:

WIFI: SoftAP: PCap: failed to find any network adapter: 0

I just want to know if the Linux build has Wi-Fi working like the Windows build and I'm not able to use the Wi-Fi due to zeromus_ sabotage (what a strong word) or if there isn't any work done on this.
  19. Luigi__

Luigi__ Formerly NHervé Emu Author

There hasn't been any sabotage from zeromus_, SoftAP works fine under Windows. One possibility is that the libpcap interface has to be implemented under Linux.
  20. Anything new about the progress of wi-fi Luigi?
    And btw are you the only 1 whos working on wi-fi?