Tomb Raider 2

Discussion in 'Problems with Games' started by AnEventualDream, Jul 22, 2003.

1. AnEventualDream

AnEventualDream New Member

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.72
    Author: Pete Bernert
    GFX card: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Resolution/Color:
    - 800x600 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
    - R8G8A8A8
    - Filtering: 0
    - Hi-Res textures: 0
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limit: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 3
    - Framebuffer texture: 2
    - Framebuffer access: 0
    - Alpha multipass: on
    - Mask bit: on
    - Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off [0]
    - Unfiltered FB: off
    - Dithering: off
    - Screen smoothing: off
    - Full vram: off
    - Game fixes: off [00000000]

Starts up fine but as soon as you go to start the game you get black screen and nothing... This is my first post so if I'm being stupid please be gentle... :eyemove:
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. scottlc

scottlc New Member

When the screen turns black, press escape and check the console for errors.
  4. n_w95482

n_w95482 Gone Contributors

Try using pete's dx6 d3d plugin. I think it works better with those chipsets. If that doesn't work, try using a soft plugin such as peops (needs a fast cpu though).
  5. scottlc

scottlc New Member

Is that onboard graphics he's got?
  6. n_w95482

n_w95482 Gone Contributors

Ya that's onboard gfx. My friend has a 82810 chipset and the dx6 plugin works perfectly on it (a little better than normal d3d plugin). Since it's a 82845 chipset I'm assuming it is a p4 mboard, so the peops soft plugin should work ok.
  7. AnEventualDream

AnEventualDream New Member

Yea I know... Onboard graphic card... Onboard sound card... Onboard network card... Beautiful new PC with a bunch of crap attached to the motherboard... :cuss2:

Thanks for the help...
  8. Anna

Anna New Member

I had the same problem when playing Tomb Raider 1 from an Image.
    The thing is.... when you create an Image File (Iso/Bin/Img) e.g. with IsoBuster and look at it.. you only see 1 Data Track in the session.. and hell knows what has happened to the 57 Audio Tracks of Tomb Raider 1 :)
    Anyhow.. the black screen has something to do with not having the Audio Tracks.
    To make things work you have to extract the Image File with the option "Create Cue-Sheet"... available for example in CloneCD.

So what I did was: (using CloneCD)

1. Read to Image File
    2. Enable Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks
    Enable Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks
    Enable Fast Error Skip
    3. Enable "Create Cue-Sheet"

Now having the "Tomb Raider.IMG" and "Tomb Raider.CUE" files you have to mount them together for the CUE-File contains all the info about the Data and Audio Tracks.
    To do that you need e.g. DAEMON-Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php). It creates a virtual CD-Rom drive on your hard disk... and I donno how to explain it :)
    Basically you need DAEMON-Tools if you want to play games which contain Audio Tracks.. from your hard disk.

So when you use ePSXe you have to reconfigure you CD-Rom plugin for ePSXe to use the virtual CD-Rom drive... and then just choose "Run CD-ROM"
    But before doing that you'll have to "load" the ISO/CUE Files each time into that virtual drive...

Funnily DAEMON-Tools only sees .ISO Files so you'll have to rename whatever .BIN or .IMG to .ISO.. no need to convert. And if you do that you'll have to update its .Cue File's first line.... just use Notepad

for example "Tomb Raider.CUE" first line:

FILE "Tomb Raider.IMG" BINARY or FILE "Tomb Raider.BIN" BINARY
    to
    FILE "Tomb Raider.ISO" BINARY

Hope it works for you. :heh:
  9. evasvobodova

evasvobodova New Member

I did everything you said but it doesn't work, the game doesn't start at all. When I pick Run ISO from epsxe, just the intro loads but this time really fast. I've been trying to run the game for 3 hours now, don't know what else to do.