Trading Pokemon on VBA

Discussion in 'Visualboy Advance Discussion' started by Marlin, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Hey guys, i was just wondering what the best way is to Trade Pokemon with VBA? ive tried the VBA link thing and that didnt work, unless i am an idiot( i am by the way)

btw if it makes a difference

im using Pokemon Fire Red and all im trying to do for now is get all 3 starting pokemon! so if you can help out an idiot(me) that would be seriously wonderful! please help!

thanks, your boy, marlin..
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. spartan117

spartan117 New Member

i know what you can do, try reading the "read-me" and see if your using it correctly or use my friend, google
  4. crackertime

crackertime New Member

Hey, it took me a long time to figure out how to trade with Pokemon. You need to open the same copy of VBA link twice, and the second copy ascts as almost a seperate program with its own type of save file, called .sa2, the first one opening saving things as .sa1, so you need to start a fire red game in the escond window, save, and then trade with your first window fire red. If you need more explanation ask, I found the writeup on the CBA link site confusing with regard to this second window thing so just ask.
  5. evil_slo

evil_slo New Member

How can I trade pokemon between FireRed and Ruby??
  6. crackertime

crackertime New Member

Once you finish Fire Red I beleive you will be allowed to trade with Ruby and Saphire by Celio on one of the islands.
  7. kisr10

kisr10 New Member

can you give me the latest version of vbalink via email because when I download from the website, the download stops at 17.5 kb (either ZIP or 7z)
  8. Atlantis Star

Atlantis Star New Member

Is there some kind of online server to trade with other people over the net?

also, where is the link tho the CBA site...
  9. Spacy

Spacy VBA 2 developer Emu Author

10. ecuarican9

ecuarican9 New Member

h0w do i trade from GOld To crystal
    i'm playing w/ VBA
    and i download TGB dual
    nothing works can u help ?
  11. Eshwar

Eshwar New Member

Trading in fire red

Hi
    I am also trying to get the first 3 pkmns

when I open the two gba links and go to the centre

I can see both the players but when I attempt to talk
    one of the gba program does not respond (not responding)

what should I do

:eyemove:

Is there any way to fight or trade with the pple in the internet

In the options->link->settings there is an option for network and in the 3rd tab there is a text box for ip address of server

some one pls help
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  12. curlybutt

curlybutt New Member

How to trade pokemon

This is for simple pokemon RED/BLUE/YELLOW

Play both red and blue in VBA separately. Decide which one you want as a primary account and which one as a secondary account. I chose RED as my primary and blue as my secondary (This is arbitrary, which ever one you want). Make two folders, one RED and one BLUE. Put the red rom in the RED folder and the blue rom in the BLUE folder. VBA will save as “pokemon Red.sa1” for red and “pokemon BLUE.sa1” for the blue one in each corresponding folder. Now open TGB Dual and save both a red and blue rom in the “media” folder. Now while playing your primary account in VBA save like you normally would (NO SAVE STATES‼!, start-save game-yes). Then click file-export-battery file – click desktop- save. This is called something like pokemon RED.SAV. Take that file from your desktop and put it in the TGB dual “save” folder. Do not rename it. Now copy your pokemon BLUE.sa1 file from the BLUE folder and paste it in the TGB dual “save” folder. Rename this file to pokemon BLUE.sa2. Open TGB Dual and open pokemon red (in this case but which ever one is .sav is your first window). Then open pokemon blue (again in this case, which ever one is the .sa2 is your second window) as the second rom. Obvoiusly change the controls around so both aren’t the same. I used the default for number 1 and switch number 2 to something very similar but not the same, figure it out. Go to the teller lady on both screens and talk to her. Go to TRADE. Trade your pokemons using the separate controls for each window. NOTE: Which ever one you choose to be your secondary account will not save the traded pokemon. Only the primary account can save. This is why I play in VBA and not in TGB. After trades are made hit start for both and RESET. Reload game up and click start-save game-yes. Now go to the VBA RED folder and delete the pokemon RED.sa1 file. Then go to the TGB dual “save” folder and copy and paste the pokemon RED.sav file into the VBA RED folder. Rename this file from pokemon RED.sav to pokemon RED.sa1. Then continue on playing your game. SO remember you will have to play pokemon red and pokemon blue but the pokemon blue (in this case) does not change from the VBA game. The traded pokemon will not be there in the secondary account when u resume your game. ENJOY!
  13. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

just a headsup to anyone reading the above post TGB Dual is only for GB/C games. You can't link GBA games with it.
  14. Johnny12

Johnny12 New Member

well, does this work out for pokeyellow too? I tried with the same rom according to that guy's instructions where you download the link but when I enter the pc or even while being in the pc it stucks and sound goes stuck too. Someone help?
  15. Eeveebkwrds

Eeveebkwrds New Member

All Starters Without Trading

Hey! I still don't understand how to use the VBA link, however I do have a solution to your all starters problem- this is the only catch- you'll have to start from the begining :/. Anywho, you'll need to go to cheats, then click on gameshark, then a window will pop up (one slot will say title, you could simply put all starters), next, put in this code "82025840 0044", make sure you disable it (to disable it just unclick the check in the cheat box :dead: ) then select bulbasaur as your starter, AS SOON as it says *name* recieved bulbasaur! you enable the cheat, then continue the process down to charmander :x3:
    --Hope this helped!!!!:D