Transfering no$gba save files to vba

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by prcoboca, Aug 31, 2010.

1. prcoboca

prcoboca New Member

Uh, guys, i just tried something and i was amazed.
    I have vba link and a No$gba (ofc).
    I have noticed that vbalink makes SA1 save files,
    NO$GBA makes SAV files (like normal vba)
    so i copied SAV file (no$) to folder of the game (that is where vba creates save states), deleted the SAV file (vba), and renamed no$ save file into NameOfTheGame.SA1 and started it with vba
    AND IT WORKS !!!

(this is very useful for pokemon games - train it on mhz disaster 10%, and go underwater on vba)

hope i helped
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Cougar Draven

Cougar Draven New Member

That's actually fairly common knowledge. (At least among those who read the stickies. Both VBA and no$ save in a raw format, a format that can be used and/or imported by nearly every other GBA emulator out there, most DS emulators, and can even be used and imported by DS flash carts. So yeah. All the sa1 file is is a renamed sav file.
  4. prcoboca

prcoboca New Member

The reason i was so confused is that i read some threads and i saw people saying that they tried to do this and it didn't work. Does it work and on usual VBA (no renaming) or just when you rename ?
  5. Cougar Draven

Cougar Draven New Member

Well, you have to make sure the file is renamed properly, i.e. the sav extension for no$ and vba, sa# for tgb and vba link. Past that, it's all the same file type. People who can't do it are doing it wrong.
  6. Tenacious

Tenacious New Member

Oh my God. Sir, you are my ****ing savior! The only thing I need to know now is how to get it back to being playable on no$gba. I realize that for most people here, that is probably common knowledge, but I'm not that smart :)
  7. Cougar Draven

Cougar Draven New Member

Should load right up. I've had no issues just loading a VBA save in no$.
  8. prcoboca

prcoboca New Member

When you want to play on no$gba again, just rename the save file back to .SAV and place it into BATTERY folder of your no$gba :thumb:
  9. Eon_10K

Eon_10K New Member

How??

umm.... .I have one question....
    I'm wondering why is that there's no SAV folder anything like that........oO
    I can't play the Pokemon Emerald in VBA because it doesn't load the file like in NO$GBA........ how can I play the Pokemon Emerald in VBA with the same account/character like in No@GBA........ Pls Reply...... :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:
  10. prcoboca

prcoboca New Member

Go to BATTERY folder of your no$gba (where it is installed), there you will find a save file named PokemonEmerald.SAV (or smthng like it)
    copy that save file into the folder where your Pok Emerald is, and rename it into

PokemonEmerald.SA1 (if youre using VBA link)

or

PokemonEmerald.SAV (if youre using usual vba)

Start your vba and play !

NOTE: the save file is not actually named PokemonEmerald, do not rename that part, only .SAV (the extension)
  11. oreledvi

oreledvi New Member

Are you sure that vba can load no$gba save data?
    I successed to load vba save with no$gba but failed to load or import no$gba save with vba.