Transferring save from DESMume TO No$Gba

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by sieg89, Aug 24, 2016.

1. sieg89

sieg89 New Member

Hi everyone !

First of all, I know there's a lot of topic about this kind of problem, but I havn't found any who match my own one. I hope it's just a small thing I forgot to do, I don't know. Feel free to tell me I'm dumb, but if you do so, redirect to something that can help. Okay, now, stuff.

I wanted to play pokemon SS. I started on no$gba, too slow, found some stuff on the net on how to export save (setting raw in config.ini) and switched to DESmume. But now I have my real flashcard back, so I wanted to switch to a real DS. Problem, when I export the .sav on the cartridge, it doesn't work. For fun, I tried an old save of no$gba and...it worked, without any trick. So I tried to transfer the DESmume save to no$GBA by putting the .sav file into the Battery folder and...nothing. Game launch and detect the save, but when I try to load it, BAM ! No$gba crash.

I know it seem strange to ask for something like that here but...I'm kinda helpless. I can't find what I'm doing wrong.

-I don't use hack
    -I don't use cheat
    -I don't use autosave, only ingame save

DESMume version : 0.9.11
    No$GBA version : 2.8d
    Flashcard model : M3DSReal

Here's also a previous thread on the DESmume forum, with a very...."helpfull" guy.
    http://forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.php?id=10917
    You can find on this thread 2 link for the .sav file, if you want to try by yourself (you can choose how to export in DESmume : the "raw .sav" and the "no$gba .sav". Both gave the same error/crash).

Thanks for everything.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Azary1977

Azary1977 Member

Read carefully for save game!

First, open Desmume and open any ROM games and play it. Load the save game (depend on game itself). If not available, just start a new games and save. Next, open File menu and select Export Battery Save. Under Save As Type (below Filename), select No$gba save format (*.sav). Click the Filename box and type name of game was played. Example, Pokemon Heart Gold.nds, so save game must to Pokemon Heart Gold.sav (match it). Change Directory (or Folder) into C:\NoGba\Battery (or any anme) and finally click Save. Done! Quit Desmume! Next, open No$gba and open the game and continue the games after your play it on Desmume before. Enjoy!
  4. sieg89

sieg89 New Member

Hi !

Thanks for your answer. I tried what you said and it worked....partially. I had an old Layton game (with a saved game) on my flashcard, so I imported it on desmume, worked perfectly, done as you said to import it, no$gba read it perfectly. Now with pokemon SS ? No$gba recognize the save (on the loading screen of the game, I have the playtime and all) but when I click on it, bam crash. With this message "the rom-image crashed"....
  5. Azary1977

Azary1977 Member

About Pokemon..... that's another story! Just almost crash at all! So, you have 50-50 changes for just save on every minutes or hours, just before random crashes happen. If crashed, reset emulator and load the save game. Don't use save state for this job.
  6. sieg89

sieg89 New Member

I don't understand your answer. I'm not speaking about crash during the game, i'm speaking about how game crash on load. Actually I can't play, since the game save itself make the game crash.

ho, and btw, I know I musn't use savestate, so no problem with this.

Thanks and sorry for taking your time ;)
  7. Azary1977

Azary1977 Member

Maybe you are using cracked or patched ROM or something!