Transitions Not Working In-Game

Discussion in 'Problems with Games' started by gondracorn, Dec 24, 2016.

1. gondracorn

gondracorn New Member

I just played Spyro the Dragon perfectly today.

Then I installed cheat engine and pec.

Now, I try to play legend of mana, and the game won't recognize transitions... whenever the screen would go black then go to the next phase, the game won't proceed, and the screen freezes.

My computer is custom built by a guy who took my money and ran after a while. I don't know how to fix it.

One thing I also noticed was the failure to render custom textures in Dolphin.

This leads me to believe it's a GPU issue, since the screen would freeze, go black, and then reset, and the emulator would crash.

Am I on to something? The GPU never makes noise, which is odd. When I would hear it begin to make the slightest noise, the screen would either freeze or something I'm doing would crash.

I cannot afford another computer right now, and I won't settle for a laptop to game on.

EDIT: I actually have an older computer, and I tried it on that with epsxe 2.0.5 and epsxe 1.8.0, and both versions seem to have the transition problem on that pc as well...
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. SquishyPotatoe

SquishyPotatoe New Member

Post your pc specs and your ePSXe settings

make sure cpu overcloking is at 1x and gte hacks are disabled

Avoid using PEC- its obsolete and it's known to cause problems with newer ePSXe builds.

Please use the included ePSXe cheat function, you can download all the codes for every game straight from there

Capture.PNG