Turning sound down in the software?

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by Suck_my_toes, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Suck_my_toes

Suck_my_toes New Member

I was wondering if there was a way to turn the sound down using the emulator/it's sound plugin. Games wont load for me with the plugin not included, so thats not an option, but I'm not wanting game volume so I can listen to music. Obviously, the game itself doesn't have a volume option unfortunately.

I'm using the ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0 sound plugin. I tried going into the configuration for it, but it just says that it doesn't need configuration, so no help there.
    EDIT: I've also tried with the plugin on, but having the 'sound enabled' box unchecked, and it still keeps the game from playing.

Thanks in advance.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. masta.g.86

masta.g.86 No sir, I don't like it. Award Winner!

You can use the SPU null audio plugin. It completely disables ALL sound though.

If you have Windows Vista/7, launch ePSXe in a window and then right-click the speaker icon on your taskbar. Click 'Open Volume Mixer' and turn down the volume to ePSXe. When you're happy with the volume, exit ePSXe and set it back to launch fullscreen.
  4. Suck_my_toes

Suck_my_toes New Member

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
  5. Suck_my_toes

Suck_my_toes New Member

Didn't get a chance before to test this out, but just did. Works perfectly, thanks a bunch. Also thanks for the really quick reply.