TwinPad Keyboard plugin?

Discussion in 'PS2 Plugin Questions & Plugin Troubleshooting' started by Rebel_X, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

you don't need to register DX files.
  2. AKARaccoon

AKARaccoon New Member

...That...Totally didn't help, or answer my question.
    Thanks anyway, I s'pose...
  3. Rebel_X

Rebel_X Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

^ regsvr32 couldn't find the path of the dll, so..
    Try this after you copied dx8vb.dll to syswow64

"regsvr32 C:\Windows\syswow64\dx8vb.dll"
  4. AKARaccoon

AKARaccoon New Member

Worked! Thank you very much! :D
  5. molitar

molitar New Member

Anybody have issue where analog controls stop working with keyboard when you esc game than re-execute game.. every single time the keyboard analog stick controls stop working.
  6. Rebel_X

which version of pcsx2 you are using? recent changes to pcsx2 affects plugin's API!

Try running pcsx2 with the latest official version and see if it has the same issue..
    This is not a solution, but for now do this and reply so I can determine the bug!
  7. molitar

molitar New Member

I have tried with both official beta releases. No difference. And only the analog controls are affected all the other buttons work fine.

pcsx2-r1736
    pcsx2-r1888

Just tried the binary of 0.9.6 and it is doing the same thing. The analog keys R D F G and I J K L all stop functioning.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  8. Rebel_X

well, I tried pcsx2 r1736 with gsdx r1650 everything is working fine, after escape and
    execute.. could be newer versions of gsdx might have changed it's way of passing
    the handle of the GS window to pad plugins.. I will check it out later.

Edit: New version is out, now it's v0.8.3 :)
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  9. gaganailawadi

gaganailawadi New Member

twinpad's screenshot

hii everyone, is dere is some one who set twinpad to play wwe smackdown vs raw 2010, if yes den please can i have a screenshot of ur settings as m unable to set it properly, & dont know which is best. so pleaseeee can i hav dat
  10. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

as said

YOU DON'T NEED TO REGISTER DX FILES.

if you do, there is something worse with your system, than just lacking some dll dependencies.
  11. gaganailawadi

gaganailawadi New Member

thanx for reply, i think u havnt got wat i asked, may b due to sm misunderstanding but my twinpad is working f9, i just need to how wat keypad shd i set for easy n efficient playing see the image below, i just want to play wwe raw vs smackdown, nthing else, so please tell, n if u can manage den tell whats d way to give finishing move, etc, b'cos m not getting d keyword, like s etc
  12. littlecutekitty

littlecutekitty New Member

Hey, I've been following this forum for awhile now, but just recently joined because I can't seem to find the answer anywhere...
    I unzipped the .exe and .dll files into the plugin folder. It's working fine, and I'm able to configure and set up lulu's combo and everything (after the whole shinanigan with the cmd and windows 7 solution).

However!! When I try running the game, Twinpad gives me a little pop up when the game screen comes up that says "Can't open COMBOs file!!". Does anyone have a solution?
    Thank you in advance!! ><
  13. pwatters

pwatters New Member

PCSX2 crashes when I try to run it with TwinPad plugin, even following these intructions below.
    Get sucess message & can configure it but can't use it. I am using PCSX2 0.9.8, TwinPad 0.8.3, & Windows 7 Service Pack 1

How to use:
    Extract the DLL & EXE files inside the plugins folder, and you are ready to go..
    to configure the plugin, run PCSX2 normally select TwinPad from the plugins' list and click on configure.
    the TwinPad configuration utility will appear..

VISTA USERS: "ActiveX Can't create object error '429'" workaround..

Due to M$ stupidity, they dropped the support for DirectX 8 for VB in Vista it was supported in XP,
    they will eventually drop DirectInput too once XNA is more mature, they say DirectInput is deprecated now.. heh..
    And I am not willing to reWrite the whole Configuration utility, for 3 reasons:

1) It needs tremendous time and effort at this point (a lot of code and resources)
    2) It's working.. (not for everybody, but it's working)
    3) There is a simple solution to make it work for VISTA and Windows 7 too.. as some users tested it in Windows 7

Solution: download DX8VB.dll

1) If you have X86 version of windows, extract the DLL into: "C:\Windows\System32\"
    If you have X64 version of windows, extract the DLL into: "C:\Windows\SysWow64\"
    Assuming C:\Windows\ is the default windows path.. if it's not then find the System32 or SysWow64 inside your
    Windows directory and extract it there..

2) Click Start->Programs->Accessories-> Command Prompt (right click, and select run as administrator <=-Important)

3) type.. "regsvr32.exe dx8vb.dll" without the quotes then press ENTER..

4) If everything is fine. it should give you Sucess message "dllregserver succeeded" , click Ok
    and configure TwinPad, it should work.. Hopefully this will help..
  14. pwatters

pwatters New Member

Nevermind, problem fixed. Had a bad download from PCSX2 website.
  15. gunfighter77

gunfighter77 New Member

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who got the lulu combo to work could give me some tips. I have the pcsx2 and twinpad working fine. I load up the combo and even matched it with the 8 actions from the example image. I hit save, but the combo does not work? I go into the extended controls and made sure that combos are enabled. I don't see why it shouldn't work? What am i missing?

Is it possible for someone share their working twinpad combo ini file?

THanks

duh...have not played ffx is such a long time...just found out its the right stick to rotate. Dang! Twinpad rules!
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  16. josh876

josh876 New Member

hello, I have the error you are talking here and I cant use the analog sticks properly, what can I do'? I have windows 7
  17. gunfighter77

gunfighter77 New Member

josh876,

Are you having trouble getting twinpad to work or are
    you just having trouble setting the analog control combo's?

To set the analog control you need to set the keyboard strokes to the "L" joystick...not the arrow keys. When your setting the combo short cut for lulu, you need to use the "R" joystick controls as Lulu's ultimate requires the rotating of the right joystick. Check 5 post up if you need to reference a pic on the twinpad controls to identify where the left analog and the right analog inputs are.

If you having trouble developing the actual combo list, on the first post, the OP post a screen cap of the combo list and commands. I just copied that and it worked fine.

Also if you have set everything right and it still seems to not work...try a simple reboot of the program and even the computer. I had the most difficult time getting pcsx2 to read the twinpad plugin at the beginning, but a simple reboot of both did the trick.

Hope this answer what you need.
  18. pwatters

pwatters New Member

Combo Trouble?

Does anyone know how to set up combos for dragonball z budokai tenkaichi 3?
  19. LightningRyan

LightningRyan New Member

walk/run button not working

i have a problem

i downloaded hitman 2 silent assassin iso and it works perfectly on pcsx2
    so i used walk/run button to walk and to run but its not working

when i try moving up(L-analog stick) without pressing walk/run button
    the chracter walks instead of run so when i press the walk/run button
    the chracter doesnt do anything i can't move. my guess is that when i press up
    it is already pressing the button at 50% so when i use walk/run button this is the result 50-50=0 which means no button pressed at all. i need to run in the game! so is there anyway i can add 50% on to my buttons
  20. maxyohax

maxyohax New Member

I'm trying to run monster hunter 2 with this plugin, ive mapped controls to my keyboard for twinpad, but it none of them work.... WAT DO