Unable to access save games on card1.mcd

Discussion in 'PCSX Discussion' started by Kaleb450, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Kaleb450

Kaleb450 New Member

(SOLVED) Unable to access save games on card1.mcd

Transferred files to a new computer.... when going to the memory card manager on pcsxr (linux), I can see my save states for final fantasy 8; When I load any ISO disk for FF8, it does not allow me to select "continue", I get the buzzer sound indicating there is no mcard.

I know the Mcard works because I can load states from final fantasy 7 no problem.....
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Kaleb450

Kaleb450 New Member

Resolution:

Real Problem: PCSX was not detecting a memory card while games were loaded but the memory card manager could read the saves on the card.

1) Generic bios in PCSX is not runnable.
    2) Loaded actual PSX Bios and cloned card via psx Bios
    3) Loaded game in question and pcsx now able to detect memory card and access saved games.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  4. Gunslinger7

Gunslinger7 New Member

I was going to say it didn't recogonize my Memory Card when I checked off Simulate PSX Bios. When I shut it off, sure enough my saved games were back.

Any idea on FFVIII 's optimal options for PCSX? I can't find it ANYWHERE.

My game either runs fine without the battle menus (which is pointless) or crashes (randomly restarts as if you opened your PS1 disc tray and goes to Memory Card reader and CD player).

I know I saw them somewhere before, and previously played through the game on PCSX without problems. I since tried to run FF9 and messed with all the settings.