Update Direct X for GSDX, how?

Discussion in 'PS2 Plugin Questions & Plugin Troubleshooting' started by Mongolfiere, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Mongolfiere

Mongolfiere Berserk Addict

My problem is not complicated. GsDX won't work with my emulator because it seems I need some DLL. Here are my specs:

Windows Vista Ultimate
    Geforce 9800 GTX OCX (DX10)

The 1.8 crashed but 1.7 doesnt. So it's my direct X. However I don't have access to internet. Is Direct X downloadable from another computer to install it on mine or just an online installation?

I know its a noob question but heh..

Thanks
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. cottonvibes

cottonvibes You're already dead... Emu Author

4. cyclonmaster

cyclonmaster EmuAddict-_-;;

5. PCXL-Fan

PCXL-Fan Heroes Might& Magic Champ Award Winner!

just so you know its on the very first page of the GSdx thread.

when future gsdx releases come out just look to gabest first post to see if new dlls are needed
  6. Mongolfiere

I have to extract this in pcsx2 folder?? So this is the way to update?
  7. ready2rumbelX

ready2rumbelX InnarX

If you download the latest version of DirectX (from MS) and install it, there should be no problems. From what I know, there's no harm in placing the relevant files in the PCSX2 folder, but if DX is installed properly there should be no issues.

r2rX :)
  8. Mongolfiere

The installer asks me where I want to extract the files for Direct X. I thought it was a normal installer that automatically new the directory in C:/ So that's why I ask if I need to extract it in Pcsx2 folder.
  9. rama2

rama2 Emu author Emu Author

You extract it to anywhere on your hdd. Then you go to that folder and search and run setup.exe ;)
  10. Mongolfiere

yup.. that was the part I missed.. so dumb.. sorry XD Thanks rama2!
  11. GiGaHeRz

GiGaHeRz B( o Y o )BS!

Actually there's a high chance of getting errors & crashes if you use newer DLLs mixed with older DLLs, so it's highly recommended to do a proper DirectX update.
  12. ready2rumbelX

ready2rumbelX InnarX

If you're updating DirectX via the installer (and not the web update version) then doesn't it essentially update everything?

Unless the conflict occurs by taking specific files from a newer DirectX revision and not updating DX entirely (i.e. extracting the content of the installer and selecting specific files and copy/pasting rather than running the installer)....is this what you meant?

r2rX :)
  13. GiGaHeRz

GiGaHeRz B( o Y o )BS!

yes I meant like getting d3dx_whatever.dll and not updating the rest of directx.
  14. shizukanayama

shizukanayama New Member

i have a problem where it keeps prompting me to update directx, which i already did.