Upgrade feedback

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Chrono Archangel, Oct 28, 2013.

1. AiureseRoasting

AiureseRoasting GET OVER HERE

About the resources section, shouldnt there be a thread where members post files that should be there (like emulators/plugins etc...) then after that the mods can upload it all? seems awfully alot for just one guy to fill up, especially if ngemu is to be anywhere near filled with content such as sites like aep-emu.de are (its where i go for emulator news and updates)
  2. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

Permissions just need to be fixed (yet again).
    There is no need for a wishlist, it's pretty clear what's to have, what's missing and how more varied forms of ressources could be accommodated. This may change once after the early backlog is out of the way (like with obscure emus/plugins).
  3. Samor

Samor Foundry

by the way, are old attachments (images) gone or will the be re-added at a later date? just wondering.
    resolutespider5 likes this.
  4. resolutespider5

resolutespider5 I mustache you a queshtion

The "new posts" button is badly broken. Lots of new posts are not being updated.

I know posts from the recycle bin are no longer included. But posts from the other forums are not coming up.
  5. resolutespider5

I've finally worked it out. You have to click on "new posts" but then you need to click on "recent posts" on the right side.

Oh well, I think the design could be improved...
  6. Chrono Archangel

Chrono Archangel Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, vB's new post was the equivalent of XF's Recent Post.
    The way "New Post" behaves at the moment makes more sens when you think about it... it's just different than what we were used to.

As for the attachments, this is something only @EnzoTen can look at fixing. IIRC he told me the attachments were transferred but the links got broken in the migration. At this point, I'm not sure if they will be fixed...
    As for broken links in posts, those can be manually fixed by a moderator. Let us know here and we'll try and fix them when we have time!
  7. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Member

Attachments are turning out to be a complicated fix... still working on it.
  8. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

I've been seeing some ads by bettersurf lately.

Not even abp is blocking them.
    ---
    Scratch that.
    I don't know how it was installed on Chrome.
    Removed it.
  9. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

i see the buttons and the page buttons on search/board views are now legible.
  10. Silenus

Yeah the page numbers are better now.

Now that they blend more with the forums I think they should be presented all the time, not only on hover.

Only aesthetic issue I find now is the transparency on forum description hover box. It overlaps with other parts and is not legible.
  11. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

when marking all posts read or reporting a post its difficult to read the notification that appears.
  12. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Member

ill track that down.
  13. Chrono Archangel

Chrono Archangel Administrator Staff Member

@EnzoTen : Version history of a resource has the ugly yellow header also. Download Now could also be a bit improved. ;)

Attached Files:

14. Silenus

Thanks for the page numbers.

Appreciate it.
  15. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Member

thanks, ill fix.

Also the resource manager will be updated in the next day or so with icon support.
  16. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Member

and spoiler tags and rule tag will be done in the next day or so too. it took a while since a plugin was needed and the attachment issues has been the major concern.
  17. Silenus

Forum thread pages numbers hidden again. :(
  18. resolutespider5

Tried to edit my x360ce tutorial at http://ngemu.com/threads/tutorial-by-resolutespider5.155011/

Won't let me make any changes, says 10,000 character limit. Tutorial is about 17,000 characters.

So either I have to drastically alter its size. Or else I have to leave it unupdated.

Can the character limit be raised at all? It seems silly with the tutorial just sitting there with 17k characters, but I am unable to edit.
  19. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Member

I increased this to 20,0000 you should be good to go.
    resolutespider5 likes this.
  20. Ahielia

Ahielia I'm sexy and I know it!

I'm trying to upload pictures, but all I get is this extremely general error message:
    Tried clearing the cache, using different browsers, but fuckall if the forum will give me a specific reason as to why it won't upload.
    The progress bar appears, goes to 100%, then this error pops up.

-----------------------------

Another annoying thing I've noticed when typing posts. If I click on an empty spot below the text (and I haven't made a new, empty, line below), the blinking cursor goes back all the way to the upper left corner. This did not happen before, it happens on a lot of forums, and it's incredibly annoying.