USB Playstation 3 Controller Support

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by [Mr. ZerØ], Feb 22, 2008.

1. [Mr. ZerØ]

[Mr. ZerØ] New Member

Is it at all possible to use my PS3 controller with ePSXe via USB? If so, can you help me with getting it to work?

I have Vista (if that matters at all) and it recognizes the PS3 controller when connected and has said that the drivers are installed for it.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Shendo

Shendo R3000 Moderator

If you go to Control Panel -> Game Controllers and your gamepad is recognized and it's working then yes.

Since you are on Vista add ePSXe to DEP ignore list and start ePSXe as Adiministrator.
    After that just go to Config -> Game Pad -> Pad 1 and map the keys.
  4. [Mr. ZerØ]

[Mr. ZerØ] New Member

Sorry to be a bother... But ePSXe still doesn't seem to be recognizing the controller.

I followed everything you suggested and nothing seemed to be wrong when going through it. But when trying to map the buttons, obviously it wouldn't recognize the controller still.
  5. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

this seems to be a common issue with the PS3 controls, is the driver Dinput or Xinput?
  6. TheAsterite

TheAsterite New Member

Search for some sixaxis drivers on Google. For some reason, Sony made the controller so that it wouldn't work on the computer even though it has a usb cable. The driver makes Windows recognize the controller exists AND makes Windows recieve data from the controller.
  7. [Mr. ZerØ]

[Mr. ZerØ] New Member

Thanks so much for all your help, I finally got it to work.

But once last question: I configured all the buttons and everything. But do the analog sticks automatically work or not, or do I have to configure those also? I can't test them at the moment because I have no games that support analog right now.
  8. Squall-Leonhart

Control Panel > Game Controllers.
  9. paganjew

paganjew New Member

still doenst work

ok so im having the same problem here. except i have the sixaxis driver installed (to the best of my knowledge) these forums are here to help people out with stuff they arent sure how to do so please can someone help me out. step by step instructions (even the steps that are beyond obvious please cuz what may seem obvious to you, might not be obvious to me.) along with a link to the correct driver since my doesnt work apparently. the problem im having is that epsxe doesnt recognize my ps3 controller. my computer does, and it says its working, but i cant get any of the button presses to be recognized in epsxe when im configuring my controller. please help, im getting very frustrated and getting a head ache. ive been all over youtube looking for videos to show me how to do it, ive followed EVERY one of their steps and it didnt work. tried that for 3 diff videos and none of them are working for me. i would very greatly appreciate your help. thanks.
  10. Squall-Leonhart

use the motionjoy drivers with the Dpad plus analogue settings.
  11. paganjew

paganjew New Member

hmm

i just installed motionjoy, it installed correctly and then immediately tried epsxe again and it still doesnt recognize my controller???
  12. Squall-Leonhart

did you even assign it in the input settings.
  13. paganjew

paganjew New Member

need more

thank you for doing your best to help me, but when i said ealier that i would need step by step instructions, even ones that seemed obvious to someone else is because i have never done this before and so something that is obvious to you is definately not obvious to me. so no i didnt do anything with any input settings. i dont know what input settings your talkin about, where they are, or what to set them at. i hope this doesnt sound rude im just tired, frustrated and rockin a narly headache.
  14. Squall-Leonhart

The GUI
    - Tab "Config"
    Previous Top Next

The Config menu is one of the most important parts of ePSXe. In here, you're able to configure the various parts ePSXe has, like graphics, sound, CD-Rom, controllers and much more. Below is a short list of the different functions. If you need more detailed informations, make sure to check out the links given in the descriptions.

Wizard Guide
    This option launches the internal ePSXe wizard guide, an easy yet powerful tutorial, which helps you with configuring ePSXe. After you've gone through that one, all options are basicly configured. However, you can still change them in detail with the other options in the config menu.

Video
    Includes options to configure ePSXe's graphic output. Since ePSXe is based on the PSEmu Pro plugin standard, nearly all options in there depend on the video plugin you've selected. To add a video plugin into the list, make sure you copied it into ePSXe's /plugins folder, and ePSXe will automaticly add it to the list.
    For more informations about the video, make sure to check out the Getting started section in this help file !

Sound
    Same as video, just for sound output. More infos are also available in the Getting started section.

CD-Rom
    You guessed it, same as video and sound, this time for CD-Rom access. However, it's also possible to play without a really configured CD plugin, as ePSXe also comes with a built in ISO function. For more infos about that one, make sure to check out the Features section.

BIOS
    A small but important part in the ePSXe config is the BIOS. This file doesn't come with ePSXe, neither will you find it on the official homepage or on the forums. To get it (it's a file called SCPHxxxx.bin, where xxxx is replaced by a number), you'll have to search the net. Please don't mail anyone about where to get this file. In the config screen itself, you can choose one of your BIOS files for usage.

Netplay
    One of the most promising features certainly is netplay. In this dialog, you can select a plugin (currently, the only available netplay plugin however is CyberPad , available from it's homepage. For more informations, please refer to the CyberPad readme, which gives detailed infos on configuring and using it.

Memory card
    This function allows you to choose the memory card you want to use with ePSXe. Lots of different formats are supported, like the bleem!, VGS or PSEmu Pro format. Just choose your memory card, and it'll get converted. Notice: It's good to backup your memory cards when working with save states and memory cards at the same time !

Game Pad
    Configuration of the controllers. Also includes the possibility to activate force feedback and analog controllers. For more infos, check out the Features section of this help file !
  15. paganjew

paganjew New Member

once again i thank you for your patience in trying to help me, but wizards guides and help texts that come with computer stuff have never helped me, i already tried to read the one for this, i couldnt understand a damn word in it. technical jargon flies over my head. i have gone into the config settings to try and set up the controller and like i said earlier it doesnt recognize any button presses on the controller.

i just tried to run a game in .iso format on the epsxe and it just went to a black screen no sound and didnt change at all. i read the links to the epsxe help section in this forum, once again nothing to help me. i dont know whats wrong or what im doing wrong or else i could have fixed it. step by step instructions are the ONLY way i will be able to understand what the hell is going on with this. and why its not user friendly i have NO idea.
  16. Squall-Leonhart

17. paganjew

paganjew New Member

still not there

ok so i got to step 7 and its not working. it tells me "There aren't any live devnodes with the DeviceId contained in the INF" i dont know what that means. i just know its not working???
  18. Squall-Leonhart

its mentioned on the motionjoy site.

are you using Vista/7 x64?

did you reboot and press F8 to disable the enforced driver signing.

also are you trying to connect via usb or via bluetooth?
  19. paganjew

paganjew New Member

ok so i got the controller working. but the video wont configure now??
  20. Squall-Leonhart

start a new thread and post the clipboard data from the video plugin.
  21. OtakuManu

OtakuManu New Member

Hi. I know this post is old, but Im in need of assistance.
    I cant connect my controller to my pc. I tried many guides and none worked. Can you help me?