USBqemu Buzz New Release

Discussion in 'PS2 Plugin Questions & Plugin Troubleshooting' started by luisnrkl, Jan 10, 2014.

1. luisnrkl

luisnrkl New Member

Hi

So after trying to play Buzz on the new version of pcsx2 and finding out that the plugin doesn't work very well i decided to try and correct that.

I modified the latest version of USBqemu, using some ideas from the old plugin from Luigi and made this version.

To use it, just put the USBqemu-dbg.dll in the plugins folder.
    You also need a copy of hidapi.dll in the pcsx2 folder. I don't know if i can upload it here but it can just be compiled from the source code available on the site.

Well have fun playing this game again in pcsx2 [​IMG]

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!dI8xVIpZ!JuxTNRG3mE...VwInBXCdQo
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. zenkiii

zenkiii New Member

hello , sorry for my bad english but where can i download hidapi.dll ?
    thx for help ^^
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  4. luisnrkl

luisnrkl New Member

5. zenkiii

zenkiii New Member

ok thx dude but i don't understand nothing...... maybe because my english is so bad or i don' know.... i have hidapi-external folder , hidapi-master folder and fox-1.6.49 folder..... my os windows 8 :(
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  6. luisnrkl

luisnrkl New Member

Check your pm's
  7. AutoRefresh

AutoRefresh New Member

luisnrkl, I've read through the hidapi readme file and it's pretty intensive stuff. Is there any possible way you could share the hidapi.dll file or are the buzz controllers so complicated that every hidapi.dll file will be different per computer? Thank you for your time making this plugin! :cool:
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  8. zenkiii

zenkiii New Member

luisnrkl gave me his hidapi.dll file but unfortunately for me it's always the same (buzzers are pressing butons random) :(
  9. luisnrkl

luisnrkl New Member

That's odd. If you have the chance try to use the plugin on Windows 7 since that's the OS i'm running and it's running fine.
    I remember reading somewhere that Microsoft made changes to usb Hid devices. Maybe that's what causing it.

If it still doesn't work after that it only occurs to me that it might be hardware related. There are people that can play fine with the old version for the plugin it they run an older version of pcsx2 and for me that doesn't work. I get the same random presses.

I've sent you a PM.
  10. AutoRefresh

AutoRefresh New Member

Thank you to both zenkiii & luisnrkl for your quick replies. I have tried both windows 7 & 8 and my computer still doesn't recognize the buzzers are connected. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you again to both for your time and support!

USBqemu-dbg.dll in plugsin folder:
    [​IMG]

hidapi.dll in PCSX2 folder:
    [​IMG]

My settings: can't change USB plugin. I will get a "left intentionally blank" window, is this normal?
    [​IMG]

Thank you again for your help! Hopefully I won't see this screen below anymore!
    [​IMG]

11. zenkiii

zenkiii New Member

hi auto , sorry for my english but i'm so bad :p (i'm french)

check this : "I wanted to write some software to have a quiz at home on the PC. Having a Sony Buzz set, I thought it'd be fun to use that as part of the app. It was at this point that I noticed a difference between Windows 7 and windows XP. XP correctly recognises the hardware as a "HID Compliant Game Controller" while Windows 7 tinks it is a "Standard USB Hub" that isn't working properly. And so I am stopped from using Windows 7."

Do you have this problem dude ?

[​IMG]

but i look your 1st screen and i can't find USBqemu.dll file ?
  12. AutoRefresh

AutoRefresh New Member

Instead of "USBqemu.dll" I used "USBqemu-dbg.dll" that luisnrkl said to use in post#1

[​IMG]

I don't have any problems found in both windows 7 & 8. Oddly enough, when I first plugged in my buzz controllers into either Windows 7 & 8 it automatically installed drivers called "Buzz" lol.
  13. zenkiii

zenkiii New Member

try this : put USBqemu.dll plugin folder and lauch game... (let USBqemu-dbg.dll)
  14. zenkiii

zenkiii New Member

I actually have something wrong from the beginning, I have 2 pc (win7 and 8) on my windows 8 when I plugged buzzers I got the error as on my picture "standard usb hub "driver and the same problem on windows 7 then try to play with buzzers I found on a German site (all forums had no answer) he said to change" standard usb hub "in generic device for the buzzers are recognized at the time the buzzers were recognized but I always had the problem of random selection during the game .... I do not know if this problem comes from there.

thank you google a translation for what I just wrote xD
  15. boxerat

boxerat New Member

I am having the same problem as AutoRefresh
    My pcsx2 log shows "some kinda plugin failure".
    Also can you please send me the hidapi.dll file as i cannot compile it.
    Thank you in advance.
  16. zenkiii

zenkiii New Member

17. boxerat

boxerat New Member

Thank you but i still have an error.
    It says that file is not a valid dynamic library, as shown in the image i sent.
    The plugins that i'm puting do not apear in the configurations.
    pcsx2.png
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  18. zenkiii

zenkiii New Member

i don't have pcsx2 1.1.0.r5766 but PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350).....maybe possibility
    where have you download this version ?
  19. zenkiii

zenkiii New Member

[​IMG]

usb "select qemu usb driver by gigaherz (buzz mod) 0.1.0[usbqemu]
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  20. boxerat

boxerat New Member

21. zenkiii

zenkiii New Member

sorry for my image ^^

edit : image re upload ^^